PDA

View Full Version : My latest makeover adventure (6 pix)

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 08:45 AM
I got another makeover a couple of days ago from a GG friend of mine, she was my previous nail tech. She is a real cutie and a lot of fun to be around, We were supposed to do this at her house, but at the night before she said her brother was home, so could we do it at my house? OMG, that meant I had to clean like crazy, so I spent a good 6 hours trying to at least make the downstairs look presentable :) I was worn out when she arrived....

So, while these pix aren't my favorites, and I wasn't going to post them here, I decided "aww - what the hell", so here they are, for better or worse.

DanaJ

P.S. I am going to post the pix one in each new post, so that anyone who is curuious will not have to open each pic. The thread title reflects the fact that there are pix here for the "modem impared".

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 08:46 AM
OK, here is another pic with me sitting - helps to cover up my fat! LOL

DanaJ

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 08:48 AM
This is not the best pose, but I finally got to my feet.... I always find it hard to pose well. I sometimes look at magazines and catalogs to see how the girls pose, but when the camera gets on me, I forget everything.

DanaJ

kimmjacoby
12-22-2004, 08:50 AM
dana,
you are a beautiful lady! and from reading your posts, i see you have even a more beautiful heart!
keep those pics. coming!

hugs,
kimm :)

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 08:51 AM
OK, after we took a few pix (or should I say a few dozen) in the previous outfit, she picked out something else for me to try - a red sweater and black pleather mini. She also changed my lipstick to a red. This was a holiday look she said, but I think it is a holiday look at the bordello myself :D

DanaJ

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 08:53 AM
This pic shows me standing. She really wanted to do something more with the wig, but she didn't bring any "product" (beauty pro's decription of hair spray, but also is used for any beauty product).

DanaJ

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Since she is a nail tech, she wasn't going to let my nails go undone for these pix. I already have my nails grown out pretty far (about 1/4 inch free edge) so she did the whole works - base coat, 2 color coats, one quick dry top coat and then one really glossy top coat. She wanted to use this UV activated top coat that works well, but she didn't bring her light.

I gotta say it - I love red nails!

DanaJ

genevieve_ohara
12-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Oh Baby!

Looking SO GOOD!

Ab Fab!

1000% passable....and gorgeous!

Love

G

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Thanks kimm and G, I don't think so and trust me - the pix look much better than me in person :) But it is real sweet of you to say so :)

DanaJ

JAYNETHOMPSON
12-22-2004, 09:06 AM
You look great :)

SatinSarah
12-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Wow - can you send her over to me. She makes you look stunning. I love the change of clothes and the nails - oh and that red lipstick.

She is welcome to do me anytime.

Georgette
12-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Looking good Dana and you have my favorite colour on with the red. I don't believe I spelled color that way you Brits are having an effect on me! :rolleyes:

RachelleMarlina
12-22-2004, 09:50 AM
OK, after we took a few pix (or should I say a few dozen) in the previous outfit, she picked out something else for me to try - a red sweater and black pleather mini. She also changed my lipstick to a red. This was a holiday look she said, but I think it is a holiday look at the bordello myself :D

DanaJ

Bordello? No way, This one is way cute and is my fave!

Tonia
12-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Wow - can you send her over to me. She makes you look stunning. I love the change of clothes and the nails - oh and that red lipstick.

She is welcome to do me anytime.
What are you talking about Sarah you Look Gorgeous also hon. :D

Tonia;)

SatinSarah
12-22-2004, 10:14 AM
What are you talking about Sarah you Look Gorgeous also hon. :D

Tonia;)

Too kind Tonia... I couldn't look this good close up!!.. but would love to have those nails.

Sarah

Ashleigh
12-22-2004, 10:26 AM
I only was able to view the 4th post picture - the others don't show an image just that there is supposed to be one. But the one that I saw... definately passable. I like the outfit also and the color coordination is great. The bracelet is a nice touch also. Wish I could find a bracelet large enough for my wrists. Wish I could see the other pics. All in all - Super! :)

RachelleMarlina
12-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Too kind Tonia... I couldn't look this good close up!!.. but would love to have those nails.

Sarah

Well, you know how hard it is to satisfy a woman :rolleyes:

Anyway, You look great!

Sharon
12-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Beautiful Dana! Admit it or not, you're a good looking dame!

Julie
12-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Stunning photos yet again Dana, especially like those where you're wearing the red and once again a superb job has been done on your nails.

JJ

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 11:32 AM
I only was able to view the 4th post picture - the others don't show an image just that there is supposed to be one. But the one that I saw... definately passable. I like the outfit also and the color coordination is great. The bracelet is a nice touch also. Wish I could find a bracelet large enough for my wrists. Wish I could see the other pics. All in all - Super! :)Ashleigh, when that happens, try refreshing your browser, sometimes that helps. Is anyone else having trouble seeing all the pix?

Here's a little secret about that bracelet - it is actually a necklace wrapped twice around my wrist :)

DanaJ

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks everyone, you are really all far too kind :) If you could see me in male mode - yikes! Since I am a big burly construction worker, I am afraid my build doesn't allow for any real life passing, so I try to do it in photos.

If my GG friends wouldn't mind, I would post some pix of us together, and then you could see how big I am compared to normal GGs :)

DanaJ

MissBosie
12-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Dana you look so good and I really love your smile.

Paula A
12-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Dana;
You look great, and even better as a blond, that I think it is a better style cut for you. Nicely done with the makeup and all, I wish I had a friend who would spend time and teach me how to apply the war paint correctly.

And so what if you are a big boned girl, I know quite a few GGs that are physically large and carry their size daintally.

BTW: I'm considering buying a log cabin style home do you have any reservations that you could reflect upon? Maybe we could chat sometime about it.

Starluscious
12-22-2004, 01:43 PM
pretty pics
gorgeous outfits
beautiful makeover
other then that I'm speechless girl
you go girl :)

love
Starluscious

MonaSmith
12-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Dana,

You look great, and I love your nails.

I'm sure that you could pass, if you had enough confidence to try. Self doubt is always the hardest thing to cover up, I think.

Fallen Angel
12-22-2004, 04:18 PM
love the outfit dana, the red top black leather skirt and boot #10 on the scale looking good for the holidays! you got my vote

paulaN
12-22-2004, 05:05 PM
OMG you look stunning. I'd love to take you to dinner and dancing. stunning!!!!!!!!!!

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Again, thanks for all the kind comments, you gals are too kind!

Dana,

You look great, and I love your nails.

I'm sure that you could pass, if you had enough confidence to try. Self doubt is always the hardest thing to cover up, I think.Thanks Mona - coming from a nail cutie like yourself, that is high praise indeed :)

OMG you look stunning. I'd love to take you to dinner and dancing. stunning!!!!!!!!!!Dancing I'm not too sure of, but I'm always up for a free meal :D

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
12-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Dana always fantastic to see you. Amazing and incredible..and a bit sexy there too I might add. hehe.. 'oh and yeah did I say I liked the pictures? :D

*Hugs*
Tristen

Donna Louise
12-22-2004, 08:53 PM
DanaJ

You look fantastic. How special of her to come over for you. I only wish I had someone that would do the same for me. Lord knows I could use the help.

Donna Louise

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Thanks again! She is a good friend that I don't see enough, she loves to do makeovers on me. I am very lucky how I met all these girls, maybe I should post my back story sometime?

DanaJ

Allison Vamp
12-22-2004, 10:49 PM
DanaJ,

The pictures are amazing. Love the boots, the skirt and the make-up. you are a lucky gal!

new2jersey
12-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Dana, great pictures! You're lovely and very lucky to have GGs. I have two sisters :rolleyes: and it would be wonderful if they could help me, but they would never understand.
Ciao! ;)

Marlene4a
12-23-2004, 12:56 AM
Dana:

I will have to go along with Sharon, Genevieve and all the other girls that have posted here. You are one beautiful lady, as your excellent pictures reveal. ( Besides, I always liked big girls).

In another thread, I was talking about this very thing, meaning pictures of us just like the ones you have posted.
Very informative, good instruction, and you have demonstrated the skill and techniques ( even on calling upon a professional) to transform a " huge, burley construction worker" into a very gorgeous doll, that would "pass" anywhere, and anytime.

Love it Dana. You have my vote !!

Love

Trinity_cat
12-23-2004, 04:09 AM
Terrific photos Dana, you look stunning.

love Trin x

racquel
12-23-2004, 04:17 AM
Dana you look great as a blond,the red is stunning on you and the boots,(oh-my-God) the boots.exellent.

JoannaDees
12-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Ahhh, Dana. Very nice pics as usual. And you are fortunate in all the makeover contacts you have. There is some courage there to make those contacts, you know? So next time ... should you choose to accept the mission ... drive home all prettied up and sit in your own chair for awhile!!!!

DanaJ
12-23-2004, 04:41 PM
Thanks again girls for the nice comments!

Ahhh, Dana. Very nice pics as usual. And you are fortunate in all the makeover contacts you have. There is some courage there to make those contacts, you know? So next time ... should you choose to accept the mission ... drive home all prettied up and sit in your own chair for awhile!!!! Well, actually this time she came over to my house, so I got to stay dressed for a bit longer than normal. She tried to get me to go out to dinner with her all done up - but I chickened out :)

DanaJ

DonnaT
12-23-2004, 05:01 PM
DANA!!! Get all done up and not go out?! You trying to give us a bad rep? :D

Go out, enjoy! Eat the chicken don't be the chicken :D

Celeste GG
12-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Yes I like the shorter blonder wig.... it's not too blonde

LOVE the nails. I am so jealous... I teach art and my nails a probably the wost for wear of all the girls here.

I need a french maid who can do nails.

DanaJ
12-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Donna - LOL! Yeah, I should but I don't think I'm ready for that yet :) How about PMing me or YM me and you can kick me in the butt for not going...

Celeste, I can actually do nails a bit, I have practiced a little on my previous nail tech. I have always wanted to visit Oz too ;)

DanaJ

samanthajay
12-24-2004, 02:12 AM
I got another makeover a couple of days ago from a GG friend of mine, she was my previous nail tech. She is a real cutie and a lot of fun to be around, We were supposed to do this at her house, but at the night before she said her brother was home, so could we do it at my house? OMG, that meant I had to clean like crazy, so I spent a good 6 hours trying to at least make the downstairs look presentable :) I was worn out when she arrived....

So, while these pix aren't my favorites, and I wasn't going to post them here, I decided "aww - what the hell", so here they are, for better or worse.

DanaJ

P.S. I am going to post the pix one in each new post, so that anyone who is curuious will not have to open each pic. The thread title reflects the fact that there are pix here for the "modem impared".
ill be loving me a red head