PDA

View Full Version : Any cheap CD conventions

Butterfly Bill
09-11-2006, 01:00 PM
I have been eyeing webpages for lots of those transgender and CD conventions, but so far all the ones I've seen are held in fancy hotels where their idea of a special bargain rate is over $100 a night. And that times 3 or 4 or 5 days worth of nights. I would like to experience Southern Comfort, for instance, but I figure that the hotel room, admission fee, travel to Atlanta, and all that jazz would be almost a thouseand dollars. Enough to buy a wide screen LCD TV, or a laptop.

Are there any conventions where you don't have to stay at the hotel where they are held in? Like I can go there for the events, but for sleep I could go to the Motel 6 or the place where I smell curry cooking in the back room when I go in to register. I don't care about in-room coffee or a workout gym. And I am well used to not only leaving motel rooms en femme, but to checking in and out of there thus as well.

Any Tri-Ess event is out, because I don't dress to pass and am obviously and proudly a dude in a dress.

Caitlintgsd
09-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Diva Las Vegas. But it's not really a convention. It's rather a bunch of people hanging out and having a blast. It'll be the end of April next year. And room rates aren't bad for that week. You can attend any activity you want or not. No fees up front and you pay for your own room and meals. Therefore you're not restricted to a particular hotel either.
http://geekbabe.com/dlv/

Annaliese
09-11-2006, 01:11 PM
I have been eyeing webpages for lots of those transgender and CD conventions, but so far all the ones I've seen are held in fancy hotels where their idea of a special bargain rate is over $100 a night. And that times 3 or 4 or 5 days worth of nights. I would like to experience Southern Comfort, for instance, but I figure that the hotel room, admission fee, travel to Atlanta, and all that jazz would be almost a thouseand dollars. Enough to buy a wide screen LCD TV, or a laptop.

Are there any conventions where you don't have to stay at the hotel where they are held in? Like I can go there for the events, but for sleep I could go to the Motel 6 or the place where I smell curry cooking in the back room when I go in to register. I don't care about in-room coffee or a workout gym. And I am well used to not only leaving motel rooms en femme, but to checking in and out of there thus as well.

Any Tri-Ess event is out, because I don't dress to pass and am obviously and proudly a dude in a dress.

If you can find other that are going to the same convention you could share cost 4 girl in the same room $25 a night I did this once and it work out great.

Anna

tekla west
09-11-2006, 01:17 PM
There is Trannyshack in SF, cover charge $8. Its almost a convention, and you don't need a room because the after-party lasts until dawn, then you can go crash at the rainbow people's pads, of which there are a ton here, as you know.

Caitlintgsd
09-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Sleeping is so over rated anyway!

Butterfly Bill
09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
SCC provided scholarships for 73 attendees at the 2005 conference.

For more information on this program visit...
http://www.sccatl.org/scholarships.htm

There is nothing that says you have to stay at the Midtown Sheraton, but like Anna said you might want to consider sharing a room with someone to split the cost.

The problem is I'm not really indigent, just cheap. I have enough money, but I just don't want to spend it that way. If I went with someone else, it would have to be somebody I met online, and we know all the possible pitfalls of that.

Jodi
09-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Bill, The Lake Erie Gala in November held in Erie, PA is a bargain for all you get. THe full rate for the whole thing is around $260 and goes down from there depending on how many days one wants to attend. The Quality Inn where it is held has a rate of $49/night. So your basic cost for a whole week would be in the $500 range. For more details go to www.eriesisters.org.

Jodi