PDA

View Full Version : Saw a guy in a pretty pink dress at the mall

Katrina
09-11-2006, 03:01 PM
My SO and I were shopping at a local mall yesterday when we spotted a guy in a bright pink shiny prom-type dress. He was with a group of other kids and he in no way looked feminine. I'm guessing that it was either part of a bet or something to get some shock value. Kudos to him either way for breaking out of the norm! It was a somewhat pretty dress although I don't think the color was right for him.

Calliope
09-11-2006, 03:05 PM
It was a somewhat pretty dress although I don't think the color was right for him.

Hey, easy there - that was me!

Geneva Lake
09-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Pumps at the mall tomorrow.
Black pumps.
Shiny.

Gen:D

KarenSusan
09-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Ah yes, a CD losing yet another bet.:happy:

Emma England
09-12-2006, 06:02 AM
Instead of losing a bet, when is the excuse of "because I feel like it" going to appear?

Ronda_B
09-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Emma,

In today's socity probably "NEVER":2c:

SherriePall
09-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Because I feel like losing this bet!

Casey Morgan
09-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Instead of losing a bet, when is the excuse of "because I feel like it" going to appear?

You mean the rallying cry of genderqueers and androgynes? It's there but you usually can't hear it over the choruses of "oh my god, s/he isn't even TRYING to pass!"

Katrina, I second your kudos. Did he get any reactions?

Sonia_cd
09-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Why don't I ever find myself in such bets? Being on the losing end :D seems so far away..... sighh....:sad:

Sonia

JoAnnDallas
09-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Ever thought it could be somekind of Initiation. Wife and I were at IHop the other day and there were these girls all dress up werid. It turned out that they were HighSchool cheerleaders and the ones all dressed werid were the new Freshmen cheerleaders and were being initiated.

Jodi
09-12-2006, 12:38 PM
But--did his shoes and bag compliment the dress?

Jodi

Brianna Lovely
09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Was checking out at WalMart this morning and the cashier (a 20 something woman) asked me why I had my nails colored, (they're Mabelline Berry Exotic, today).
I answered, "because I want to", then she asked me if I had "long hair" too, and I said "yes, I have six wigs".
That seemed to end the conversation. Maybe another person has learned that men like to look pretty too.

Snookums
09-12-2006, 10:22 PM
what kind of heels was he wearing with that pink dress,red looks good with pink.

goofus
09-12-2006, 10:55 PM
You should have given him some props! Last week there was an art fair in my mid-size rather conservative midwestern town, but there was a teen kid there wearing a skirt, just walking around totally non-chalantly. Of course, he was over 6' tall and with some friends, so that must have made it easier, but I wish I would have given him an 'atta boy'!

:2c: :love:

My SO and I were shopping at a local mall yesterday when we spotted a guy in a bright pink shiny prom-type dress. He was with a group of other kids and he in no way looked feminine. I'm guessing that it was either part of a bet or something to get some shock value. Kudos to him either way for breaking out of the norm! It was a somewhat pretty dress although I don't think the color was right for him.

Stephacuse
09-13-2006, 12:13 AM
I work at subway and we have a guy that comes in maybe twice a week, wearing guy clothes, but wearing jewlery and nail polish

noname
09-13-2006, 03:25 AM
I saw the same thing at the mall, but an older guy. shiny quilt like dress, hat and huge white movie star style sunglasses. I think he thought he was fooling people, but unfortunately was so over the top, he was fooling no one. If by chance that was anyone here, please take no offense, just don't go so over the top.

I also so a young guy wearing eyeline and make up with his homies and fat tail pipe. So things are changing.

Katrina
09-13-2006, 04:26 PM
what kind of heels was he wearing with that pink dress,red looks good with pink.

I think he was wearing sneakers, but I couldn't tell for sure.

JeanneF
09-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I also so a young guy wearing eyeline and make up with his homies and fat tail pipe. So things are changing.

Saw a similar thing over the weekend while visiting my mom in Northbrook (suburb of Chicago). I stopped at Starbucks, and the guy (early 20s) working at the counter was wearing very well done eye makeup...liner, mascara, shadow. It looked pretty good on him, actually.

Back in highschool in the mid-90s, my brother wore a dress to school just to piss off the administration...he had no TG-tendencies, AFAIK, he just did it to cause trouble.

janedoe311
09-14-2006, 06:24 PM
And the others lost!:heehee: