PDA

View Full Version : Bra Shopping...Where Do You Buy Yours?

Sarah38b
12-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Where do you ladies buy your bras? I usually get mine at Meijers. There are two reasons. #1 They have U Scan checkouts...#2 The fitting rooms are right next to the lingerie and the doors are usually unlocked. I just take a shirt or some jeans in with me to hide a bra. I tend to try the bras on there. Bras aren't cheap so trying them on is a must.

Love,
Sarah

JAYNETHOMPSON
12-22-2004, 10:34 AM
I usually buy mine from good new fashioned Ebay. I'm a 38 so buy the bra to suit my cup size from there. If you keep an eye open you can get bargains; some sellers are TV friendly if you pluck up the courage to tell them in advance. My favourite brand is Berdita from Italy they have a high Lycra content which gives a nice bounce when you walk. Realistic breast forms a re good to enhance the effect. I can recommend a specific seller if you like details. I'm not sure of the site etiquette so I wont name it but will happily pass it on later via a private message. If you like to be held firm sports bra's are good for this.
I hope this helps
X
Jayne

Sharon
12-22-2004, 11:07 AM
I have bought from a few sites, not being brave enough yet to buy in person for a proper fitting.
I have gotten a couple bras from Hanes, particularly my one and only Wonderbra. It makes me look wonderful, but a little too firm.
I have also gotten quite a few from Victoria's Secret. This is for the pretty and silky bras that I prefer. One note of caution here though -- VS is quite expensive, but if you sign up for their e-mails, you get offered many 1/2 price and clearance deals!

Sandra H
12-22-2004, 11:23 AM
I buy my bra's and most of my panties from Marks and Spencers here in the UK. M&S are said to sell underwear to more women in the UK then any other retailer.

They have some nice styles with a wide range from everyday to lacy sexy ones. Any girls not in the UK and are not sure who M&S are you can check out their web on M&S Web Site (http://www.marksandspencers.com)

jessicam
12-22-2004, 11:27 AM
i have bought from Fredericks of Hollywood and oh Target

Danielle1960
12-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Well I've decided for the near term, I'm going to use the Lane Bryant store at the local mall. They have instruction on there web site for sizing which is easy to understand and they seem to have a good selection. After I'm confident on the sizes and fit I'll venture out from there.
Make an anominous phone call to what ever local store you would like to use and ask if they can help with measuring and fitting. Then go for it.
Danielle :)

Suzanna_CD
12-22-2004, 01:43 PM
I've only purchased one bra so far (sad isn't it?) but it was from Victoria's Secret. I was amazed how expensive they are! Luckily i found one that was marked down then on sale again so it only cost me 15 or so US dollars. Hoping to go back after Christmas time when I've got more cash on me :) .

Paige Turner
12-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Ive had no problems from Victoria Secret. I have like 4 of them total in 4 seperate colors. Black, red, white, and teal. I didn't think they were that expensive, but I usually buy the best anyway. I love to shop there, the girls at VS are alays pretty cool, they're even cooler when they know its for you. They help me pick out outfits, lingere, let me try trhings on etc. I usually flip the sales girl a $10.00 tip when I'm done. They are very helpful and keep quiet when they see me out of the store. Its amazing how nice they can be when they put their mind to it.

Im a 36C when stuffed, so its easy to find my size there.

Wendy me
12-22-2004, 06:56 PM
i like jc pennys i shop there a lot

Georgette
12-22-2004, 07:48 PM
I got this at Wally world (walmart).http://

Rachelle A
12-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Oh, Lane Bryant, Hanes on line and fine Retail Stores for Vanity Fair lingerie.

genevieve_ohara
12-22-2004, 10:05 PM
VS

VS

And only VS

G

Suzanna_CD
12-22-2004, 10:30 PM
I agree, the VS girls are very, very helpful. When I bought my first i wanted to make sure it fit so i finally got up the courage to ask for a dressing room and it was no problem, she didn't even seem to bat an eye at me. And since they've started their semi-annual sale today, I can go get more!! Horray!

Robertacd
12-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Lets see I have bought bras at so many places...

Kmart, Walmart, Sears, Pennys, Lane Bryant, Ross, TJ Maxx, Ebay I could go on forever...

My favorite places are Ross and TJ-Maxx they are clearence stores and have name brand clothing for less that half of the price.

Fallen Angel
12-22-2004, 11:02 PM
I buy mine at waley-world-wal-mart, since i wear prostectics i use the full fig bras the only bad thing is that they come in three lucis colors blk,white and tan. so what i do is spruce them up a little i go to the craft stores and by studs seq, ect to make them look a bit better some ladies have all the luck!!

Tristen Cox
12-23-2004, 12:50 AM
I only started buying them for myself a few months ago and get them online cause I'm too chicken to go to the stores. One Hanes Place for now. When I can afford it, I'll go for VS ;)

KewTnCurvy GG
12-23-2004, 12:58 AM
I got this at Wally world (walmart).http://

Why Georgette, I'm blushing baby, I'm blushing. Nice color;)

hugs
kew

Donna Louise
12-23-2004, 06:56 AM
Hi All

Has anyone ever been to an online site that has "how to find you bra size" stuff? I can't believe what they have to say about bra/cup size.

Maybe the GGs out there can tell me are they correct? I did my own measuring and came up with a 38B. Those have me at something like a 42AAA (with fakes on) or something crazy like that.

How can you measure under breast and then add either 4 or 5 inches? Then measure over breast and add nothing? Maybe I'm blonde but it makes no sense to me how they came up with this system.

It just baffles me.

Donna Louise

Julie
12-23-2004, 07:02 AM
There's a shop near to where I work that has a fantastic selection of brand name bras, the beautiful thing is is that many of them are at reduced prices as they also do wholesale.

JJ

LindaTS
12-23-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm like Roberta. I have lots of bras and buy them from lots of different stores. I'm lucky enough to be able to shop enfemme so Sears and Penny's get a lot of my money. As for on-line shopping I like Fredericks. They have lots of sexy bras.

Danny
12-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Hi All

Has anyone ever been to an online site that has "how to find you bra size" stuff? I can't believe what they have to say about bra/cup size.

Maybe the GGs out there can tell me are they correct? I did my own measuring and came up with a 38B. Those have me at something like a 42AAA (with fakes on) or something crazy like that.

How can you measure under breast and then add either 4 or 5 inches? Then measure over breast and add nothing? Maybe I'm blonde but it makes no sense to me how they came up with this system.

It just baffles me.

Donna Louise

I was told by a friend in the lingerie business (sales rep) that the underbust measurement plus 4 or 5 system was devised for gg's who tend to taper upward in that region. It generally doesn't work for guys. He pointed out that manufacturers and major retailers tend to think of their customers as being women. (He's a good friend and a smart ass.)

Since fittings and try ons were not an option when I started buying things in my teens, it was trial and error for me. I hit it pretty close by just taking a measurement around the fullest part of my breasts. I tried 38 and it worked fine for bras with a stretch band, although some were a little snug. I bought an inexpensive, non stretch, cotton broadcloth bra in a 40 and it fit perfectly. So, I settled on 40 as the best fit, but I prefer a 38 in some brands and styles. I first estimated my cup size just by looking at at them in the store in the band size I was buying. I guessed a B, and it was almost perfect. But I have bought different cup sizes and use forms or enhancers as needed.

mmandy31
12-23-2004, 03:38 PM
i like to buy from wal-mart or zellars in canada good selection and when i am the states i go to k-mart or mejiers

Danny
12-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Oh.....and where buy from....I like a department store lingerie dept. for the latest in Bali, Olga, Maidenform, Playtex, etc. Dillards is a major player here.

For something special...Victoria's Secret...where else?

For guilty pleasure browsing...Frederick's. However, I can't remember buying anything there that really fit nicely or looked great on me. Some items sure looked fantastic on the rack though.

Vivian Best
12-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Well,

Being 6'3" makes me large and I have a large chest and small waist. That said, I use Lane Bryant almost exclussively. Mostly from their catalog.

Vivian

Tamara Croft
12-23-2004, 07:59 PM
I get mine from La Sensa or Marks and Spencers :)

Tamara x

LauraB
12-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi All

It just baffles me.

Donna Louise
This size model might be of more use, it goes only up to the small sizes as the whole thing was a little too large to post. If anygirl wants it i can post the other bits seperately. This Is the M&S method for bra sizeing

Find your bra size: measure directly under your bust (b) then measure the fullest part of your bust (a). To find your size cross-reference these two measurements on the Bra size chart.

Love

LauraB
12-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Soz girls the image is a bit small to be read

You could right click save and add it to a word document then corner drag to make it large enough to be readable

As a general rule i was told that you measure just under the bust, then the fullest part of the bust.

If the 2 sizez are the same you are an acup
an inch larger a Bcup etc

I had myself measured at M&S 2 years ago i am a 36C so i order bras in that size. My fav bra shop is like so many other girls Victorias secret but i also like M&S and i have tried some of the Italian shops online nice quality (best possible prices they mnake VS look cheap) but not so good in the fit.

Love
Laura

Merinda
12-26-2004, 03:51 PM
I use a 14C padded bra that I got very cheap from " The Warehouse " , it forms its own shape so I dont have to fill it with balled up socks.
You dont need to spend a lot on undergarments.

Miss Teri Wild
12-26-2004, 06:07 PM
Hmmm lets see were should I start, I normally walk my cute ass up

in JC penneys or sears, to shop for my bras, sometime I hit wal-mart for bras, but I love going to sears. The way I see it girl you are who you are so why
hide from everyone, maybe Im bold and dont give a damn what others think of me, but there is one small factor in my cornor, I hate to brag but from every other person I have met they have said Im very passable.

At any rate girls, be who you are and look the world in the eyes, they them, back off this girl is coming out, so just be your self. Because thats what I had to do, and I'm living full time as a woman.

but buying bras you name it I've been there more than a few times, and I"m a 46C cup type girl, as most people would say, I'm a full figuer woman.

Love
Miss Teri wild

Sweet Susan
12-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Nordstroms is the best place in the U.S. to buy a bra. ;)