PDA

View Full Version : National Crossdressing Day?

~Tammy~
05-18-2004, 04:13 AM
Another...

Germaine
05-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Well I would say go for it...The "talk like a pirate day" really spread all over the country just by people talking about it...so who's to say you couldnt get a grass roots movement for a crossdressing day...

eleventhdr
05-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Just one day that's not near enough!.

~Tammy~
05-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Just one day that's not near enough!.

A waterfall starts with one drop of water...

Crossdressing starts with one item of girlieness...

Total Crossdressing freedom starts with one 'National crossdressing day'...???

Just trying to get things moving along and one day seems a good start :)

jenny_k78
05-18-2004, 03:19 PM
I totally agree with you Tammy, a day dedicated to crossdressing would be great. A national day would open up a lot of minds and would be a step in the direction of accpetance by more individuals.

Who knows, maybe more people would realize a part of them they either didn't know or have repressed due to pressures in life.

Rachel_740
05-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Hi Girls,

I agree, a small start is better than not at all. I'm sure it would soon gain momentum and after 2 of 3 years the general public would be accepting it, and we would have enough girls involved to have an unforgetable day.

Love, Rachel
xxx

Gabrielle
05-18-2004, 04:01 PM
I am not so sure it would work.

Well, not here anyways.

I think there would be too much ridicule or fear of ridicule for it to actually happen here.

But, maybe that's my own fear talking! Who knows.
I think that's where it would be nice to hear from others in eastern Canada. Maybe it is just me. or maybe it's just my personal surroundings that make me feel this way.

Beverly591
05-18-2004, 04:13 PM
I have to agree with Gabrielle...i'm from eastern Canada, plus have criss-crossed the country plying my trade, and I think public attitudes have to change a lot more than we would like to believe before such a day was celebrated with any sort of enthusiasm. I think it would suffer in much the same way Gay Pride parades suffer, where it is viewed as a freak show by the right-thinking church-going god-fearing general public. For it ever to become a day of acceptance and love would first require tactical nuclear strikes on Washington, Ottawa, and pockets of resistance in Texas. In other words, this girl ain't holding her breath! Cheers everyone!

Germaine
05-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Well I think that it would have to be a demonstation sort of start...a national gathering somewhere public to get attention...like any of the "alternative" lifestyle rights...I know that the federal government protects crossdressing from persecution and discrimination...so that is a good place to start...

~Tammy~
05-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Ok, I didnt really mean a day to actually celebrate crossdressing, when all the crossdressers can come out and play.
What I meant was more of a fun day, for people all over to just dress up for a charity or something. Like a big countrywide fancy dress day.
Then we could go out all glammed up without fear of being persecuted.

Germaine
05-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Well i agree but you would have to have the support of the population...

jenny_k78
05-19-2004, 04:59 AM
Ok, I didnt really mean a day to actually celebrate crossdressing, when all the crossdressers can come out and play.
What I meant was more of a fun day, for people all over to just dress up for a charity or something. Like a big countrywide fancy dress day.
Then we could go out all glammed up without fear of being persecuted.
I know the kind of day you are talking about. We had something simliar to this at our homecoming week in school, dressing as the opposite sex. It was just for the fun of it. People in general just need to loosen up and have a good time.