PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all so much!!!!

Belinda46
09-11-2006, 10:49 PM
All of your responses and advice were encouraging and so very very true..

No one cares...

I went shopping Saturday and just loved the day out, I did have a couple of plans I wanted to do and found it a perfect day to do them.
First stop was the mall and macy's I have heard time and time again here how wonderful the SA's at the MAC counter were and you were all so right.
Now keep in mind my dressing for these day activities were limited to pantyhose, jeans, sneakers, and my nylon camisol under a dress shirt, so for the most part I was totally drab on the outside even with my mustache that is not long for this world. I walked past the counter several times and they seemd very busy so went shopping at Lane Bryants in the mall and then to Penny's picking up a few odds and ends, then back to Macy's to check out the MAC counter, well after wandering around a bit I finally built up enough courage to approach the counter and was quite quickly approached by a wonderful SA. She asked if there was anything she could do for me and I explained I was looking for a foundation, concealer and loose powder to match my skin tone, never missing a beat she smiles pulls a chair up for me and says well lets see what I can do for you. After trying several shades she asks if I would like to have her apply it for me or did I want her to just pick out a shade, I figured things were going well enough and nothing ventured nothing gained so I said lets go for it, as she applied the foundation, explaining how and what she was doing she asked a few questions did I have brushes, how often I would be using my makeup etc mostly chat and even complimented me on my skin saying it was nicer than a lot of the women that she see's ( well its redder now as I blushing), then she adds the concealer sparingly and then the loose powder. I also ask for a lip gloss and she picks out a lovely clear for me, taking everything we tried and even a couple of brushes we head to the check out where there are several other girls commenting on how good I looked. Giving me her card she asked that if I ever needed anything else and needed more advice to please call her I was packed paid and on my way.
There had to be 200 people in that store shopping and walking through during all of this and not once did I notice anyone staring, looking or even the least bit interested. Out of the mall and enjoying the day, the few people I did interact with never acknowledged anything other than a nod, smile or hello.. To walmart for more shopping and the same nothing from anyone..
Sorry so long but just had to share what a wonderful experience it was. And to each and everyone of you with all of your posts of encouragment . Thank You for a day I wont soon forget...
:hugs:
Belinda

Billijo49504
09-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Belinda, I've never done the makeup thing, but I'm a big supporter of us gurls going to Lane Bryant, and being treated well. So I'm very glad that things went well for you. Go out and do your thing. Just remember, If you're checks don't bounce, or your credit dards are good and your cash is still there, to keep spending, the store will welcome your money. They love it...BJ

Barb Valentine
09-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Didn't it feel great Belinda
Good for you