PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing in the comics

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Speaking of increase media coverage of CDing, it came up in one of the comic strips today...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/ineedhelp.asp?date=20060911

And before this sets off another round of whining about the double standard. Yes it exists. And it will exist until -- like women earned the right to wear "men's" clothing -- we go out and change public perceptions.

<yes, I'm in a cranky mood tonight> :bs:

tekla west
09-12-2006, 02:10 AM
I like it

Kathleengurl
09-12-2006, 02:32 AM
....say this in a bar w/ your buddies... then explain it as a comic you saw once you've seen their reactions.

The more we nudge this into the collective conscience, the more difficult it will be to discriminate against.

---anyway.. it's a thought.

swiss_susan
09-12-2006, 03:10 AM
lol I think thats pretty funny, and true to :D

Susan

LisaRose
09-12-2006, 04:13 AM
How many of the three are 'under' wearing? My guess is all three. :devil:

RachelDenise
09-12-2006, 04:42 AM
Cranky, smanky. It's true to some degree. I would love to see the second panel which would be the reactions of the bartender and other customer to that statement!

terrigurl
09-12-2006, 08:53 AM
I remember seeing a comic strip from years ago, called "Nancy", which featured kids about 10 years old or so. Her best friend, Sluggo, decided to go out for Halloween dressed up as Nancy. As I was quite young, this really intrigued me.

Robin Leigh
09-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Cranky, smanky. It's true to some degree. I would love to see the second panel which would be the reactions of the bartender and other customer to that statement!

No need for a second panel, Rachel, you can see their reaction in this panel: just look at their wide eyes.

True, that cartoon isn't a great leap forward for TG sympathy in the wider community, but I'd rather have guys laugh at me than want to beat me up...

For some of us older generation CDers, seeing cartoons like this helped us realize we weren't the only guys in the world that enjoyed trying on feminine things.

Robin

Paula Thomas
09-12-2006, 10:21 AM
For those who get Playboy (like I do), see the cartoon on page 99 of the October 2006 issue that just came out (at the Halloween Party).

I immediately thought of Karren Hutton.

heathr1
09-12-2006, 10:24 AM
I remember Dennis the Menace in the Beano being made to wear a dress by his mother while she put the hem up.