PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry

Paula Thomas
09-12-2006, 12:35 PM
If you do not have your ears pierced, what type of earrings do you wear?

Clip-ons?

None?

What about a necklace?

When in drab, I do not wear one, but in drag I plan on wearing one - I do not believe I would feel right without one (already have it picked out, or, at least, I will get one similar to the one I found).

Karren H
09-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Yes..clip ons or screw posts...walmart has a small collection of them and ebay or antique shops, thrif stores or flea markets are all good sources of clipons...

I have about 70 pair of clipons and just love them..you can also update older clipons if your handy by taking newer dangly earrings and disasembling them and moving the parts to the clipon backing..

And jewlry is the finishing touch..earrings, necklace, bracelets, fem watch, ankle bracelet, toe rings, finger rings and hair adoenments... Its in the rule book!! Page 54, paragrapg 2... Hehehe. Probable get arrested with out them!! (By the style police maybe!). Lol

Love Karren

vbcdgrl
09-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Yes, I wear earrings, a necklace, a ring or 2, maybe a bracelet. You can get all this stuff, except clip on earrings, at Walmart, etc. For clip-on earrings, try http://www.cliptomania.com/. One of these days I'm gonna get my ears pierced, just need to time it so it's least obvious.

Vikki

KarenSusan
09-12-2006, 12:57 PM
I'd love to get my ears pierced but for now use clipon earings. Sometimes they are such a pain (literally) and have a tendency to fall off.

I love necklaces. Pearls are the best. Also bracelets but not so much rings.

Jenna1561
09-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Jewelry is a must, and Imust say that I wear much more jewlery in boy-mode now than I did 3 years ago. I use clip on earrings, many bought at Wal Mart and many others purchased through Cliptomania, which someone linked previously.

I also usually wear 2 rings in boy-mode and 3-5 enfemme; a watch; 1-3 bracelets (usually 1 in boy-mode); 1-2 necklaces; and 2-3 toe rings. Inever wear earrings in boy-mode, but hope to get my ears pierced and then wear studs in boy-mode.

I am a plus size girl and I've bought some nice larger jewelry at

http://www.classicplussizejewelry.com/

Good luck and Happy Shopping!

Jenna

claireswife-gg
09-12-2006, 01:35 PM
I make Claire's jewelry for her to wear - color coordinated for her favorite outfits. She wears clip-ons, and I wanted to share a tip. If you have a pair of clip-ons that kill your ears, the bend at the bottom of the hinge can be *very slightly and gently* opened or tightened with your fingers. Don't do it to quick or too many times or you'll stress the metal into breaking. You'll find them a lot more comfortable after you open them just slightly. The ones that fall off could probably stand a little tightening ;)

I made a toe-ring for Claire and myself the other night and slipped it onto her foot - she thought I was insane (had actually never seen such a thing LOL) - but then wore it all night. Accents the nicely polished toes :heehee:

I also bought her a wide beaded stretchy bracelet that is perfect for covering up that watch tan line.

Charleen
09-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Got 'em pierced in June and love it! I wear filigree hoops about 1/2" at all times. Going shopping on the morrow for more. But NOT in Wally World. Went in there today and they were setting up Christmas stuff!!!!!! I'm boycotting. Love and xxxxx, Lily

Caitlintgsd
09-12-2006, 01:44 PM
I used to buy the clip-on part for earrings at craft stores prior to getting mine pierced. I'm not sure if they're a national store but we have a store called Michaels in so cal that carries them.

melissa michaels
09-13-2006, 07:40 PM
the majority of my earings are for pierced ears,but my ears are not pierced yet.you can take a hoop with a springy clip on back and cut the wire that normaly goes thru your ear to a short length and file smooth,then clip it on.pierced earings without pierced ears.some of the newer wire ones like chandeliers have a spring clasp,and depending on the earing style can just be clipped on backwards and look and feel great.or you can cut the wire part and file smooth.with some imagination,side cutters,small file [or a steel emory]and sometimes a drop of solder you can wear some great earings.i have hardly ever had them fall off,you can shake your head till your dizzy if you want.sometimes they may pinch at first,but that usualy goes away quickly.i have though after many hours of wearing gotten a mark where the wire is and for awhile your ears do look pierced.but thats kinda kool too.

Paula G
09-13-2006, 07:52 PM
I wear clip on earrings, love the ones that dangle off the lobes. My favorite necklace is one with a crystal as a pendant that I wear as a choker. Always on the lookout for the perfect pieces of jewelery to go with the perfect outfit.

pattysues
09-14-2006, 11:51 PM
I use clip on's Have about 5 pairs of chandiliers with crystals, a few silver hoops- love hoops wish I could find a 3"+ or so, thin clip on hoop? As for necklaces I have quite a few chockers some 3 strans and a few single strans, and some that are a little longer. And a lot of different bracelets most are on the gg side, one of which is a three stran mothers bracelet with gold and silver beads plus crystals. But the single stran chockers and all the bracelets less the mothers, I'll wear in guy mode also.:happy:
Still would like to get my ears pierced, I went and pierced them my self one day and my wife a few days later noticed and didn't seem to like that, so that did not last to long.

Sabrina Flowers
09-15-2006, 01:39 AM
I wear clip on type earings, have about 20 in different styles. Like to wear the dangly ones best as you can feel the weight and movement of them, also wear necklaces too and wrist bangles, braclets. I dont seem to feel that the outfit and dressing is right without some jewelry, even if it is OTT, But hey.

Billijo49504
09-15-2006, 01:41 AM
Hi, I have a bunch of clip on's and screw post earings. I got them from an aunts estate. We got about 3 jewelery boxes of junk jewels, from her estate. But she was a nice lady, and a good person, so I'm happy to wear her earrings...BJ

Vash
09-15-2006, 02:21 PM
You know I wear a lot of costume jewelry when dressed but in my pursuit of becoming more exquisite looking I am slowly buying higher end pieces. Nothing in the way of Harry Winston mind you, but real quality women's things and services.

trannie T
09-25-2006, 11:57 PM
When I wore clip-ons they would become painful after a few hours. No problem now that my ears are pierced. I wear simple studs or small hoops in drab and the biggest brightest ones I can find when I'm dressed.

vbcdgrl
09-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Clip on or screw post earings. I have sevaral pair of what I would call "vintage" earrings. And I've gotten some new ones through cliptomania.com. I like the dangly ones. I also wear a necklace most of the time. When I go out, I wear a couple of rings, a bracelet and, lately, an anklet.

Vikki

Karyn
09-26-2006, 01:25 AM
I wear clip ons, and usually an anklet and a couple of rings. Sometimes a bracelt and sometimes a necklace, but always earrings and the anklet.

Kate Simmons
09-26-2006, 04:48 AM
When I DO wear them (which is only when I'm going out), I wear clip ons. I personally don't like things sticking out of my body parts unlike my youngest Son who has piercings all over the place. Ericka Kay

Keely
09-26-2006, 05:02 AM
Clip-ons for me when dressed, I'd love to get them pierced, maybe someday.
As to other jewelry, always a necklace and maybe a bracelet. I wear a necklace all the time, just a fine gold chain, and usually a toe ring. I have an anklet but don't wear it too much.

Sharon86
09-26-2006, 06:14 AM
got to have some jewellry on when dressed, clip-ons for me also,i have got some necklaces aswell, and only 1 bracelet but it's very rare i wear that. Plus my wife has mentioned in the past that she would like to get me an ankle bracelet.Sharon xxx

Adrienne Heels
09-26-2006, 06:31 AM
Clip-on earrings...been using the screw-on type lately. Wore them all day with no problem.

Always a necklace, rings, bracelets (at leat 2) and watch. Get my jewelry at a variety of places, and The Limited and Express have a lot of cute things reasonably priced.

renee k
09-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Hi Melissa,

Thanks, for the great tip you posted on pierced earrings! It really opens up ones choices with your mod.

Thanks,

Renee

AprilMae
09-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Clip Ons for me. I have been slowly building up my Jewelry Box. I wear an anklet pretty much 24 -7, and have a small assortment of necklaces. My favorite is a 80" Strand of Grey Pearls I got from EBay, I wear that evry chance I get. Now I have to work on getting some bracelets and rings. Besides Ebay, I get stuff from Cliptomania, WalMart and KMart, and from Avon Online.

sandra-leigh
09-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Clip-on earrings...been using the screw-on type lately. Wore them all day with no problem.

I find that my larger (not huge!) clip-ons leave my earlobs tender after a few hours. It's partly the weight, but partly the style of the clip (different styles distribute the pressure differently; different models have springs of different strength.)

A few days ago, someone suggested magnetic clip-ons to me; I promptly went out and bought some. Claire's has them, mostly in "stud" style, with gold-ish or silver-ish mountings. The store I went to only had the studs in clear crystal, some (mostly smaller) marked as "genuine crystal"; the cubic zyrconium tended to be noticably larger stones. Most of the cubics looked unrealistically large to me: if you really had a diamond that big, you'd have it in a noticably nicer and more fashionable setting.

Anyhow, the magnetic clip-ons are in two pieces, the stone and setting with a round metal base, and a small round magnet. Hold the stud where you want it with one hand, and with the other place the magnet behind the ear in about the same location. If you aren't too far off then when you release the magnet, it will move to centre itself opposite the stud base. If the positioning is not quite right, then slowly slide the magnet over and the stud will follow.

I haven't tried anything energetic as yet, so I don't know how much head-shaking they would stand up to. They've held up better than I expected -- but when my collar brushes against them as I take my sweater off, then they will fall off.

The smaller studs are fairly unobtrusive, there if you look right at the face, but not attention-getting at all. Though, I don't think I'd dare wear them at work yet if I expected to be interacting with someone... at least not in the lower earlobe. The studs will stay put most places along the shell of the ear (possibly requiring that you put the small magnet inside the ear.)

Warning: do not attach these magnetic clip-ons if you are near a sink, drain, or other hole: small things fall in the most inconvenient places!

Penny
09-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Yes..clip ons or screw posts...walmart has a small collection of them and ebay or antique shops, thrif stores or flea markets are all good sources of clipons...

I have about 70 pair of clipons and just love them..you can also update older clipons if your handy by taking newer dangly earrings and disasembling them and moving the parts to the clipon backing..

And jewlry is the finishing touch..earrings, necklace, bracelets, fem watch, ankle bracelet, toe rings, finger rings and hair adoenments... Its in the rule book!! Page 54, paragrapg 2... Hehehe. Probable get arrested with out them!! (By the style police maybe!). Lol

Love Karren
I thought it was a guide to crossdressing and now I find out its the rules.
By the way pierced earrings are on page 53. My ears are pierced but I do
have some very nice clip-ons and screw posts too. Jewerly is a must!

1SexyGurl
09-26-2006, 10:25 PM
I dont have any necklaces but...

I had both my ears pierced over a year ago by my stylist. (who incedentally made me feel good about CDing,and tried to get me to dress all the time, Love that man.)
And I ALWAYS have something in 'em. Right now? Austrian Crystal. 1ct each. Huge. But than again, in this day and at my age, no one really cares. I go out with full eye makeup all the time. I get hit on by alot of women when I do. Gives me that 'Billy Idol Look'.

linnea
09-27-2006, 04:07 PM
This is what I do too. I have some other nice jewelry--a watch, some necklaces, a couple of bracelets, but I have big hands and I'm having a hard time finding a large but feminine ring. Does anyone know of a good source for feminine rings in larger sizes.

When I wore clip-ons they would become painful after a few hours. No problem now that my ears are pierced. I wear simple studs or small hoops in drab and the biggest brightest ones I can find when I'm dressed.