PDA

View Full Version : Purses

Paula Thomas
09-12-2006, 12:42 PM
What type of a purse do you use?

Outside pockets for glasses & cell-phone?

Everything kept inside?

I picked up a combination calendar, address book & notepad (bound in a book-like cover with a strap to keep it closed, but it measures 5 3/4 in. high, 4 1/4 in. wide, and an inch thick) to use when in drag, but I think I will have to have a huge purse to carry everything.

I am tempted to get a "man bag" just to free up all of my pockets even while in drab.

What all do you carry?

Jenna1561
09-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi Paula,

I carry a lot of "stuff" around with me and recently started using the following in boy-mode.

http://www.ebags.com/tignanello/one_touch_triple_top_zip_backpack_handbag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=2002

It's a nice leather backpack/purse and I use it to carry my reading glasses, sunglasses, checkbook, Business card holder, organizers, cell phone, hair brush, pad and pen, keys, hankie, makeup, lip balm and allergy meds. LOTSA STUFF. I really like it, it's well organized, smaller than the daypack I was using, and looks good. Yes I put up with some looks where my big daypack was readily accepted.

In girl-mode, I have several purses that I switch between. I've bought them at ebags, JCPenney, Wal Mart, Payless, Goodys, Fashion Bug and Target.

YES, I LIKE PURSES! :)

My most recent purchase (just came to the house via UPS yesterday) is a Kathy van Zeeland Heartbreakers Satchel. I really like the look and feel, can't wait to take it out for a spin.

http://www.ebags.com/kathy_van_zeeland/heartbreakers_satchel/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=75644

Jenna

DeniseNY
09-12-2006, 01:47 PM
It depends on the occasion, the season, the color outfit I'm wearing, whether I will be carrying a lot of stuff or not, etc.

I have about ten or eleven handbags. Some are big and can carry a change of clothes, some are small and only carry a few credit cards and some make-up and my keys.

I have bags that are brown, blue, pink, purple, tan, and black. I try to match my shoes or skirt or top with my purse.

I like to keep everything on the inside just because it's easier to secure than to have things dangling on the outside.

Phyliss
09-12-2006, 03:10 PM
I've lately taken to carrying a Dopp Kit. No, not a shaving bag, but rather a regular bag made by Dopp, part of Samsonite. It has a place for a day planner, a front pocket that is suppose to be for a cell phone, but I put my glasses case in it and it has a nice zip pocket for everything else I carry. Wallet, keys, nail clipper, small jacknife, small multitool. and change purse. It still has room for a small makeup case, when I decide to carry that also.
It's black and looks like a standard "man bag". Funny thing the other day,wife and I left the grocery store and she asked me where my purse was. I replied that it's not a purse but a man bag, she said it's still a purse.
The good part is she hasn't forbidden me to carry it.

Joyce1702
09-12-2006, 04:43 PM
I like shoulder bags. I bought a black leather one at a local department store and that one has been used the most. I have a small brown shoulder bag that I got on eBay, and a really nice bone leather Nine West shoulder bag that I also got on eBay.

Joyce

KarenSusan
09-12-2006, 05:07 PM
I have a shoulder bag most of the time but as I get older I'm becoming partial to the type of bag I've seen Queen Elizabeth carry.