PDA

View Full Version : what do you friends think

Snookums
09-13-2006, 12:40 AM
I was asked,why do I wear womens clothes.My reply was,I don't see womens clothes,shoes as a gender thing,I see them as they are,just clothes and shoes.Womens low rise jeans fit me better than mens jeans,and being blessed with small feet,I have no problem wearing womens shoes,wich to me are just shoes,I like sexy flats and heels.my SO never questions who I am as a man,no sexuallity issues here,I told her when I met her what I prefered,she had no problem with it.I'm just curious if any other crossdressers feel as I do.

Yes I am
09-13-2006, 12:48 AM
I just tell my friends that I like it(crossdressing) and that I don't know why. Either they accept that, or think I'm a perv, which doesn't really hurt my feelings too much because I am a perv, though that is totally beside the point.

KarenSusan
09-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Other than the people on this board, I have no friends.

Snookums
09-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Other than the people on this board, I have no friends.

awe:love:

JenniferMint
09-13-2006, 04:47 AM
My friends are all accepting (two of my lesbian friends even took me shopping for femme clothes and picked things out for me), though it's worth noting that I live in Vancouver (a GLBT-friendly city).

lexygirl
09-13-2006, 05:12 AM
My sister-in-law knows, she thinks that it is fun to buy me some :happy:

Kate Simmons
09-13-2006, 05:44 AM
Same here. They are just clothes. Women's styles look nicer however. I've realized though that I can look nice regardless of what I'm wearing since being Ericka is a state of mind for me. Ericka Kay

Janereed
09-13-2006, 06:09 AM
None of my friends know,

Well maybe they do, I lived in a share house last year, and once one of my roomates came in and my draw was open displaying my bras...

So maybe they do know, its unspoken if they do, and dont seem to have a problem with it, as My relationships with them have not changed.
I know if I told anyone directly they would not care, I think some of my GG friends would actually love it If I admitted it. I think possibly because we are all young, we are in a differnt mindset than most, largely because of our fading love of drugs, which as clichae as it sounds, really did open our minds to differnt perspectives etc. Im not advocating drug use, drugs are bad!

Charleen
09-13-2006, 07:30 AM
I've told some friends who happen to be gay, and no problem. When in drab, which is the way that they have seen me 99% of the time, I have/had a masculine look, yet one told me he had a feeling and wasn't surprised. When visiting a friend at the cafe he owns last week, I got into a discussion with him and 4 ladies, all gay, and felt right at home. Got to talking about looking like the other sex, as 1 always wears guy clothes and is usually addressed as sir. Showed them my nails and got compliments, and said that I occasionally got called ma'am. It was a grand old time.They accepted me with no reservations even though I was in drab at the time as they understood who I am. Neat. Love and xxxx, Lily

Daintre
09-13-2006, 07:56 AM
I guess Karen Sue that I am in the same boat as you, I seem to have drifted apart from my friends and my on-line friends seem to have taken their place :happy:

pinkshelly
09-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Karen Sue, There is a whole world of people out there looking for a friend and they don't care how your dressed. Get out there and freind somebody.
All the people I have come out to havent cared it seems. Then again I haven't told every body. Don't think my brother will like it much so nobody tell him. 'k?
Huggs, Shelly.

Dominique Melt
09-13-2006, 12:12 PM
All of my friends are not only cool with it, they actually ask Dominique and not my drab self to come over. I have, over the years, let go friendships with those who do not like it or cannot understand it. I'd rather be with people who appreciate my honesty and genuiness and not be with people who are going to be put off by it. Since I am more and more comfortable with it and hide it less, I now choose my friends with that in mind.

Janice Ashton
09-13-2006, 12:57 PM
I have several GGfriends who know I'm TV and help with shopping etc, I have several Gay friends who know and have seen me dressed no problems and I have quite a few people who know because my ex wife and later another partner made a point of letting the local neighbourhood (UK) know I am a TV, anybody else? it's up to them, they can talk to me or not!
BUT it's nice to meet like minded friends who you can share experiences with and understand, WHY?

Louise x

Calliope
09-13-2006, 01:31 PM
There's a big difference between telling the old friends - some of them really have to make an adjustment. Remember Nietzsche's aphorism about penalizing anyone who makes us change our mind? Then there's friends met while enfemme - a qualitative difference because the dressing is fairly unimportant in the first place. Also, as much as I enjoy gabbling here, online friends are no substitute for the real thing. Can't relate anymore to the old friends? Make some new ones!

LouiseCassell
09-13-2006, 02:50 PM
For me its quite simple - if they dont like it then they are not friends - sorted.

Nigella
09-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Those friends close to Sandra and me accept me for who I am, not what I wear. They have accepted my style of dress and at birthdays and such, often buy things to compliment my life style :)

Caitlintgsd
09-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Should I care? Family yes, friends no. Last year I bumped into our very best friend. It was at Pride.