PDA

View Full Version : Working while dressed

Sonia_cd
09-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Hey Girls!

Had the opportunity to work from home today and what does this hopeless CD do? Get dressed and work of course. Yay!!! Now, thats the background.

While I was working dressed I found that my levels of concentration, inclination to work, chain of thought and clarity took a definite upswing. Found that fewer thigs were distracting me, and my focus was excellent.

Was wondering if there are other girls who've experienced this and if you have, have you ever wondered why it might be so. I thought about it and could only think of this - the mind and body are happy with the physical expression and hence the concentration on activities that need completion.

Any other views??

Love,
Sonia

Billijo49504
09-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Cool, glad you had the oppertunity to try this out...BJ

AmberTG
09-13-2006, 01:37 AM
Sonia, I'll bet you're on to something there. You weren't distracted by other needs, you were taking care of them, so you could put your mind to your work. I find myself distracted by my fem side at work all the time.

Jenna1561
09-13-2006, 01:57 AM
What Amber said. I am constantly flirting with thoughts of my femme self at work. If I were presenting as a woman then I'd be able to get more work done. BUT that'll never happen where I work.

Jenna

Lisa Golightly
09-13-2006, 02:09 AM
Hmmmmmmm... I always work 'dressed', but kind of have storming days and dozy days. On a storming day I'm queen bee, where as on a dozy day I'm white wine, chocolate, internet shopping and listening to Agatha Christie plays on the radio.

In the summer when I tend to work naked *cough* the pattern remains the same. :)

Kate Simmons
09-13-2006, 04:05 AM
Because you are focused, Hon. Ericka Kay

KarenSusan
09-13-2006, 10:45 AM
In the summer when I tend to work naked *cough* the pattern remains the same. :)

Do you work at home, Lisa?:D

Lisa Golightly
09-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Do you work at home, Lisa?:D

Erm, no actually :)

Karren H
09-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Well I've only done it a few times, and I was off-site and didn't have to meet anyone that I knew. But it was great..but after I completed my assignment I had the overwhelming urge to shop!! Hehehe. So what's new....

Love Karren

pinkshelly
09-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Wish I could go to work dressed. Don't think people would buy car parts from a guy in a dress. Sniffle, Sniffle.
Huggs, Shelly.

Lisa Golightly
09-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Wish I could go to work dressed. Don't think people would buy car parts from a guy in a dress.

I would :)

laurajeantv
09-13-2006, 11:22 AM
My law practice is an appellate one, allowing me to work solo from my home most of the time. When I get truly stressed, dressing up en femme relaxes me and allows me to achieve much more for my clients.

Hugs,

Laura Jean

Lois
09-13-2006, 11:24 AM
I work at home - so can dress every morning en femme!! I really enjoy it and wouyldn't have it any other way!!

Denise01
09-13-2006, 12:24 PM
I work from home as well, but unfortunately there are people in and out, so i can't dress fully.

I do fully underdress about 90% of the time. To-day is kind of a dreary day here, and consequently there is no one in and out.

To-day the only thing i am wearing that is not fully femme, is a bulky sweater top, however it is one that both ladies and men wear, so i guess you might say i am fully dressed to-day.

It feels so great to be able to be dressed, and able to wear my heels all day

Denise

EricaCD
09-13-2006, 12:49 PM
To preserve my sanity when I am on the road, I now typically schedule fairly large chunks of uncommitted time during the week. I can either use those to make last minute meetings, or I can get caught up on work that is going undone. So I typically will have a couple periods where I am working from a hotel room for a few hours. And then, yes, I will work en femme. It's always fun to think about the reaction on the other end of the phone if they knew :)

Erica

AmberTG
09-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Now I'm jelous! My job has certain physical requirements that wouldn't allow for heels, ever try to move an arcade game cabinet in 3 inch heels? Also can't wear much jewelry, too much electronics to put my hands into. Oh well, I can still wear the undies that I want, and if I was a GG, I'd still be wearing jeans and tennis shoes at work, but I'd wear cutier earrings!

carol anne
09-13-2006, 01:00 PM
:lSonia, I was pleasantly surprised by your thread and also the many positive replies because I too have found that when dressed I seem to work in a much relaxed mental state which makes my thoughts emerge ina much more complete manner. If only it were possible to bring that same process and mode of dress to the work place.
Carol Anne
ove:

JoanFlores
09-13-2006, 03:40 PM
I work from home also and find that I do a lot better, quicker, more focused.
I believe it's that I feel relaxed when in heels and make up, I am more calm, and clear minded.

satin-and-lace-for-m
09-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey Girls!

Had the opportunity to work from home today and what does this hopeless CD do? Get dressed and work of course. Yay!!! Now, thats the background.

While I was working dressed I found that my levels of concentration, inclination to work, chain of thought and clarity took a definite upswing. Found that fewer thigs were distracting me, and my focus was excellent.

Was wondering if there are other girls who've experienced this and if you have, have you ever wondered why it might be so. I thought about it and could only think of this - the mind and body are happy with the physical expression and hence the concentration on activities that need completion.

Any other views??

Love,
Sonia

I work from home as often as possible and usually try to make sure it's on days where no one else is home. Today for example, I "went to work" in a satin skirt with coordinated silk blouse, 3 inch pumps....I really enjoy working like this.

Cheers,

Satin...

SatinSarah
09-13-2006, 03:50 PM
I don't get much chance to dress and work at home - but when I have my work rate plummets. I get dressed sit at the computer and then want to go and get changed to wear something new and hot! I can't concentrate on work - but what I might wear next. Reading this thread yu girls are all so good.

Sarah

Sophie Yeats
09-13-2006, 04:44 PM
I'd have to agree completely.
At the moment I have to work late due to project deadlines :Angry3:
So after everyone else goes home I go and put some hose on in the loo.
I think because I'm feeling more comfortable I relax more and as studies have shown, stress makes it harder to concentrate and focus.

So.. Yaaaay for dressing at work :thumbsup:

Sonia_cd
09-13-2006, 05:00 PM
To be honest, I didn't expect so many responses and thats why I say I'm pleasantly surprised. The over-riding sentiment through most posts seems to indicate a calm derived from dressing, leading to superior output at work. Perhaps this isn't limited to work and would extend to everything any of us has delayed, deferred or put off out of a lack of inclination or sheer boredom. Maybe we'd have loved to go to gym class if we could wear leotards, maybe we would have enjoyed music lessons even more if we had the chance to wear a gorgeous evening gown for a performance, or concentrated on voice training knowing that there is a sequin gown at the end of that road :D

Of course most of these "maybe's" are near impossibilities given the rules that society plays by and the social constructs of today. As much as things change, somethings will remain constant and as much as the accepting minority grows, so too does that non-accepting majority. Sigh....maybe one day... a girl can dream, right :winking:

Love,
Sonia