PDA

View Full Version : Allergic???

Ashleigh
12-22-2004, 11:50 PM
Has anyone had an adverse reaction of any kind while using Aveeno either just after shaving or waiting a day after shaving?

Each of the four times I have used it I end up with a pretty hefty burning and stinging feeling and my skin turns red in places and the little red bumps are fire engine red. After about 10 minutes, it ceases almost immediately, the redness dissappears. The red bumps take awhile longer to disappear.

I am going to discontinue using Aveeno regarless but would be interested in your responses.

It sounds like an allergic reaction to me but I am not allergic to many things thus my question.

Fallen Angel
12-23-2004, 12:05 AM
it depends how you shave for leggs and other body areas the tub is the best i use triple senceitive razors, for the face i use a four blade a bit expensive i shave in one direction then agianst the grain then because your pores are open i use cold water to close the pores if you go thru certain trannsgender make up sites they go into moore detail and believe me 98 percent of the time what they recoment works good luck

Sharon
12-23-2004, 12:30 AM
That definitely sounds like an allergic reaction Ashleigh. I use Aveeno all the time and haven't had any reaction at all, but everybody's different in how they react to these things.

Tamara Croft
12-23-2004, 04:05 AM
Hiya Ashleigh

You could be having a sensative reaction to the product that you are using. It may have an ingrediant in it that isn't in anything you have used before. It could also be the razor that you are using. As for pores being open and closed, this is actually not true. Open pores are caused by too much oil being produced in the skin and the pores will look large and open all the time. You can temporarily tighten a pore by using a toner on the face. I have made a list of things you should look for in a product and if you find these in a product I would advise you NOT to buy them.

Mineral Oil - Think of that nasty black slick on the ocean... this is what mineral oil is. It seals the skin and can cause black heads.

Lanolin - When sheeps wool is washed a yellow slick washes off and is made into lanolin. This can cause shedding of the skin, makes the skin secrete more oil and can cause blockages.

Isopropyl Myristate - This is the main ingrediant in WD40 ( http://www.twbc.org/wd40.htm ) I think when you read what this product does you will think twice about buying products with this in it.

SD Alcohol - Makes the skin alkaline and strips the acid mantel (protective layer on the skin) making your skin open to bacteria.

Formaldehyde - This is a preservative they use in building materials and the preservation of dead animals and humans...... say no more!!!

Those are the main ingrediant you should avoid in any product you are going to put on your skin. They might tell you on the bottle it is good for you, but that is only because they want to sell it.

Tamara x

Ashleigh
12-23-2004, 08:58 AM
Fallen, Sharon, Tamara, thanks so much for your responses. Tamara, I will investigate those ingredients. Sounds like we are being systematically "killed" by some things we use.

Well, back to Jergens I guess. After shaving I use the Skintillate after shave for women which has vitamin D and other things then will follow up with Jergens moistrizing lotion (I like the cherry almond smell anyway). I guess I had better check the ingredients with those items as well.

Thanks again!

Georgette
12-23-2004, 08:58 AM
I love Aveno, finally convinced my SO to try y-all will like it. she did and now we are back to a one lotion familyLOL. I have no problem with it.

DonnaT
12-23-2004, 09:43 AM
It does sound like an allergic reaction. I use it all the time and haven't had any adverse reaction. Are you allergic to soy products?

I do have reactions to some skin products like Coppertone, stick deoderants, etc. I've done a process of elimination based on the ingredients in common and determined that it is the PEG (Polyethylene Glycol), It is used to enable the active ingredients to penetrate the skin better and deeper.

It gives me a rash worse than poison ivy!