PDA

View Full Version : Remember your first Bra?

Vieja
09-13-2006, 03:07 PM
First Bra! These words would, I think, call to mind a young girl embarking on a rite of passage. In a sense it was the same for me. My wardrobe was limited and hiding places minimal but I wanted to go to a new level of CD experience. I had worked out that a 40B would be just right for me but I didn't have the nerve to go shopping in the lingerie department and at that time I didn't know about the internet. I went to WalMart one day early and the store was almost deserted. There were more employees than customers. Emboldened I drifted by the lingerie department several times then stepped in and looked ove the stock of boxed Bras. There was only one 40 and that was a C. I took it quickly and also a box of nylon ankle highs and hot footed it for the checkout. My luck was holding, there was no line. I dropped my prizes on the counter and with a sigh of relief dug out my wallet. It was a done deal. The lady rang up the anklets and to my horror opened the box and whipped out the bra and waved it around to fully open it. I think I blurted out something like "Its for my wife". She never even smiled just put it back in the box and rang it up. It finally dawned on me that she was just checking to see that I had not slipped a more expensive Bra in the box. I left quickly and at the first opportunity I tried it on. The anklets filled with rice (not cooked) filled the cups nicely. I wasn't happy with the "C" cups. When I looked down I couldn't see my feet.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/smilies/Love.gif
:love:
Vieja

Caitlintgsd
09-13-2006, 03:09 PM
I don't recall where I bought my first one. I only recall that it didn't fit.

Karren H
09-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Don't recall...too many bras ago, too many dead brain cells ago...hehe

Love Karren

JoanFlores
09-13-2006, 03:30 PM
After using many of my wifes 34 B, I went out a purchased a 36 A, and it fits perfect, I do not like to use any fillings, I have been told buy some close friends, that I look very natural. I have had this bra for 4 months now.

Snookums
09-13-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm still wearing training bras:roflmao:

PaulaJeanette
09-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi all,

One of Oprah's shows focused on the above question. To demonstrate, she had a bra boutique on stage with over 8,000 bras for all the women in the audience to be fitted with the right bra. Oprah stated that over 90% of gg's wear the wrong size bra and the biggest problem with most women was an emphasis on cup rather than band size. Many of the women were wearing bras with larger band sizes but smaller cups. The fix was to go to a smaller band size but a larger cup. Many of the women filmed said they just loved the way their new bras felt and looked on their bodies. All of the well-endowed women stated the bras definitely provided more support.

A bra expert emphasized that this change would lead to less problems with straps falling off or digging in to shoulders which by the was is a rather common problem. I suffer from my straps digging in but my problem is due to the shortness of bra straps...and likely the weight of my breast forms...hehe :D

Did anyone else see the show? What are your comments and thoughts?

Hugs,

PaulaJeanette

SatinSarah
09-13-2006, 04:01 PM
I bpught my first bra in the run up to Christmas. I find the stores full of nervous men buying presents for their wives and nobody gives you 2 looks. Mine was a front fastener black bra. I now have about 20. Many of them cast off from my wife who lets me keep hers. I wear about 6-7 regulalrly. The bra is the essential bit of dressing - I start to become a woman when I slip on the shoulder straps

Joyce1702
09-13-2006, 04:42 PM
The very first bra that I purchased for myself was right after I started working (and earning money). It was a black Playtex "No Visible Means of Suppor" bra from JC Penney. I had to ask the older sales lady for the correct size. I think my voice was probably wavering, I know my hands were shaking.

Joyce

Annaliese
09-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi all,

One of Oprah's shows focused on the above question. To demonstrate, she had a bra boutique on stage with over 8,000 bras for all the women in the audience to be fitted with the right bra. Oprah stated that over 90% of gg's wear the wrong size bra and the biggest problem with most women was an emphasis on cup rather than band size. Many of the women were wearing bras with larger band sizes but smaller cups. The fix was to go to a smaller band size but a larger cup. Many of the women filmed said they just loved the way their new bras felt and looked on their bodies. All of the well-endowed women stated the bras definitely provided more support.

A bra expert emphasized that this change would lead to less problems with straps falling off or digging in to shoulders which by the was is a rather common problem. I suffer from my straps digging in but my problem is due to the shortness of bra straps...and likely the weight of my breast forms...hehe :D

Did anyone else see the show? What are your comments and thoughts?

Hugs,

PaulaJeanette

No, but I had seen the promos for it and had my wife watch it on Tuesday of this week, I think I have talk her in to geting fitted for a bra, she surprised me by saying how do your bras fit and maybe we both should get fitted. I want her to watch the show because she is always complaining of her back hirting and the promos for the show talk about this a one of the problems of a bad fiting bra.

It hit me between the eyes when she said you should get fitted to.

The first bra that I bought was about 20 years ago from K-mart

Anna

Paula G
09-13-2006, 07:01 PM
The first bra I had was my wife's old one that didn't fit her anymore, a 34D that was too tight. The first ones I bought for myself were 38B's from an adult store (still have one as the other one ripped a week later). Am now up to 40C's.

lorrieanne
09-13-2006, 07:16 PM
My first bra came two years ago when i visited the glamour boutique. The saleslady fitted me for a bra and i wear it as often as possible.

serinalynn
09-13-2006, 07:30 PM
My first bra came from Target it was a playtex soft cup and it felt like i was wearing a tight spandex clamp around my chest. Then I bought Vanity Fair underwire bras from Mervyns Stores until 2002 when my wife took me to a Lane Bryant Store. I now buy all my bras from Lane Bryant stores.

Andrea_cd
09-13-2006, 07:30 PM
My first bra i brought from a small lingerie shop , the lady measured and fitted me i tried on about 8 different bras before i settled on a lovely water bra , that made me bounce , a nice matching thong to go with it , it got nerfed when my wife decided to clean out the garage , it was perfect and i miss it

Lanore
09-13-2006, 07:42 PM
My first bra was my mothers at around 7 years old filled with sock boobs. Just a tad lumpy. I've bought them for so long, that my first would be the last one I bought. I'll wear it first.

Lanore

Scotty
09-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Wonderbra from JC Penny, told the gal it was for my girlfriend and we had a hot dinner date.

I still have it and can almost fill it all the way now - in fact it's the only FULL A that I do fill, the rest I'm close on......:D

But my first non bought was one I found in a laundry room just l aying there, I tried it on and it fit perfectly (Except I had no breasts and was flat). I purged it though :(

Student Susie
09-14-2006, 01:42 AM
a lightly padded push-up bra (80A european scale) in pale pink from unno. i bought it from a grocery store but it didn't fit. (My breasts, refering to my nu-bra and chest muscles) were not big enough. :sad: so i brought it back.

now they are big enough :happy: ...i think i need a new bra :D

Janereed
09-14-2006, 02:06 AM
My first wasnt that long ago, Ive still got it somewhere...

Naturally it diddnt fit,wayyyy to big, I did my best measuring, and then used one of those bra calculators, but there not really designed with males in mind. It was a 20D, which is 40D in US I think.

Now I usually buy 14C, or 16C but it all depends on the type of bra as well.

cindyPT
09-14-2006, 03:18 AM
I started with a fascination for all-in-ones in the Sears catalog, not so much bras, but over the years there have been many firsts:
1. The first bra I remember trying on was a long-line, my mother's (don't remember much else about that one).
2. The first bra I borrowed from my sister - remember less, but pretty sure there was one.
3. The first bra I found - walking home from school, turned out to be a very small training bra.
4. The first bra I bought, part of a larger apparatus, an all-in-one I actually bought this at a Sears? not my neighborhood early 1990s.
5. The first non-training bra I found - outside the health club, in the snow, Winter, 1997?? Turned out to be a great fit actually, I'll need to find that one!
6. The first plain bra I bought: playtex 44DD (I already had the forms, and yes, it was still too big) online from Sears about a year and a half ago. Smelled so rubbery and new - and different from anything else I have.
Cindy :happy:

Angie G
09-14-2006, 04:46 AM
My first bra was one of my wifes old ones :hugs:
Angie

RachelDenise
09-14-2006, 04:50 AM
The first bra I tried on was my mom's. Very non-descript. White with no lace, no underwire, all stretch. I loved it! First bra I bought was from the JC Penney's catalogue--a yellow padded 34 B number. I loved it but it didn't fit well. Story of my life.......

brandie
09-14-2006, 06:26 AM
so if i under stand you all i need to start with a tranning bra? will that make my brest better

angelfire
09-14-2006, 07:02 AM
First bra worn: My mom's rescued from the bag gunna be donated to the salvation army. Didn't like it too much.

First bra bought: About a month or 2 ago from the salvation army. I bought 2, and tried each one on once. Didn't like either, again.

I just hate bras.

princessmichelle
09-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi,

The first bra I tried on was when I was a kid, so I couldn't buy one.:(

The first bra I bought was as a teenager at Woolworths. It was pink, and it even fit! I spent forever selecting it -no I dont need help, thank you.:o

Oh, if only...

"princess" :rolleyes: Michelle

Vieja
09-14-2006, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=cindyPT;562580]
3. The first bra I found - walking home from school, turned out to be a very small training bra.
QUOTE]

Training Bra. Interesting expression. What are they training for?

Vieja:love:

Stephenie S
09-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Dear Colt,

No, a training bra will not make your breasts better.

Do a search on this site. There are MANY threads on bra fitting. You will find more information than you can use all at once.

Lovies,
Stephenie

keeley
09-14-2006, 11:27 AM
The first bra I tried on was one of my mothers. The first one I bought was a wonderbra from a supermarket. I still remember the nerves I had going up to pay with a few groceries and a bra in a box. I imagine I was bright red but I didn't care and loved the experience of putting on MY first bra when I got home.

Randy
09-17-2006, 09:24 PM
The first bra I wore belonged to my mother. Others during that period belonged to several different people, grandmother, aunt, upstairs tenant, friend's mom, etc.

The first bra I bought was from Fredericks catalog. I also bought their $5 foam inserts (great seeing something on my chest, but those were all purged).

There was also the first bra I tried on in a store (bought that one as I felt "obliged" to do so - felt that was the price to pay for being allowed to use the changing room at the Victoria's Secret). It was just a cotton racerback, but I got a lot of wear out of that one - it hides well under almost everything.

There was another bra that I bought that was the first bra I ever wore to work. It was a size 36 ABC and a softcup bra. I felt that it wouldn't show through and I was right. ABC means that it is a universal fit, the cups stretch to fit the breast, so A, B, or C cups can be accommodated in this bra. I worked for a woman too, so I felt that if it was noticable, she would have said something. That was oh so long ago...

There is one first left to go, but I'm doubting it will ever happen, and that is the first time anyone sees me in a bra (without anything covering). The VS salesladies are always asking if I need help, but for whatever reason, I don't really want to be seen in the bra. Perhaps my wife, but I can't imagine anyone else. Many people have seen me wearing a bra, but always in male mode (no other mode with me). To this point, I believe that no one has noticed