PDA

View Full Version : A question for the boys

Caitlintgsd
09-13-2006, 03:32 PM
I had my first visit with my gender counselor in a couple of years today. We were discussing weight gain with hrt (I've packed on a lot over the last year). She stated that it doesn't matter if it's estrogen or testosterone, weight gain is normal with hrt. I was just curious if any of the guys had a weight gain as well. Thanks in advance.

CaptLex
09-13-2006, 04:28 PM
I had my first visit with my gender counselor in a couple of years today. We were discussing weight gain with hrt (I've packed on a lot over the last year). She stated that it doesn't matter if it's estrogen or testosterone, weight gain is normal with hrt. I was just curious if any of the guys had a weight gain as well. Thanks in advance.
Hi Caitlin,

Unfortunately, it seems to happen more often than not (if my support group is any indication). Some have said they don't notice a difference, but most have said they've packed on anywhere from 10-20 pounds, including guys that have always been slim and couldn't gain weight before. Also, it seems to accumulate in the tummy area, so that's the spot I've been told to watch.

So far I put on about 10 pounds and then lost about 5 (working hard to bring it back down), but some of those pounds may also be muscle since I can now lift more weight and my pants fit looser. At least the clothes still fit - I have strange visions of bursting out of my shirts, like the Incredible Hulk. :heehee:

Thanks for asking. :happy:

Kate Simmons
09-16-2006, 11:55 AM
It's okay if you want to burst out of your shirt Captlex, just so you don't turn "green" on us okay? :happy: Ericka Kay