PDA

View Full Version : Androgynous guy working at MAC

JenniferMint
09-13-2006, 04:10 PM
A few days ago, I went to MAC (an upscale makeup store) to buy makeup. All of their sales associates wear the same uniform, and are almost exclusively female.

So I approached an SA and asked for help, assuming she was female, but then I was thinking, hmm, this SA doesn't have any breasts... I couldn't tell by the voice since it was in a pitch range that could be either male or female, and he wasn't a native English speaker so the gender cues in his speech weren't as obvious. After a while, I decided the SA was male. I later confirmed it when I saw he had slight beard stubble (but he was shaven pretty cleanly).

I was thinking, wow, if he had put on breast forms and make-up, he could pass for a woman pretty easily. Then again, there was the fact that I *expected* him to be female, since he was working at MAC.

CaptLex
09-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Or maybe he's a transitioning FtM? Just a thought . . .

kathy gg
09-13-2006, 04:47 PM
MAC is a very open minded company. Having a person who is gender variant or part of the LGBT community working for them would not be that shocking nor surprising. Up in Canada {where the company is based} they sponsor one of the most exciting fashion shows {www.fashioncares.com} with proceeds going to AIDS research.

Lots of their male associates wear make up.....they do carry a line of men's make up as well, it only makes sense.

Love MAC!

Sonia_cd
09-13-2006, 05:03 PM
What was the uniform? If it involved a skirt, satin cami, heels and make-up, I have a resume that's waiting to reach them... :winking:

Sonia

sandra-leigh
09-13-2006, 05:19 PM
A few days ago, I went to MAC (an upscale makeup store) to buy makeup.

At the department store two blocks from where I work, one of the makeup SAs is an androgynus male; he tells me that he does cross-dress sometimes. He was working the Lancome counter when I first met him, but now is at Shishido.

geri-tg.
09-13-2006, 05:23 PM
I never go without wearing make up.I would feel naked without it.I have learned how to blend my make up to look alive.I always have people even strangers tell how great I look and that is a wonderful feeling. My wife always checks me out to see if I look ok.I apply my make in front of her as she is applying her make up.I think for someone like me a job at MAC would be great. Geri

KarenSusan
09-13-2006, 07:02 PM
What was the uniform? If it involved a skirt, satin cami, heels and make-up, I have a resume that's waiting to reach them... :winking:

Sonia

:iagree: