PDA

View Full Version : Cat on a hot tin roof

Georgette
12-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi all just a little support needed here as the time approaches for my big coming out to my sis and bro-inlaw I am getting more nervous than that cat , also my daughter is going to be here too. I keep telling myself to stay in control, but my heart keeps beating faster every time I think about introducing them to Georgette. HELP girls I need some encouragement on this. :rolleyes:

Kath
12-23-2004, 12:26 PM
You have larger cojones than me, of course that creates a tucking problem I guess. Good luck on what you are doing will be interested in hearing the reports. Merry Christmas.

Hugs Kath

Trinity_cat
12-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Hi Georgette,

I wish you the very best for your announcement.

I can give you my total support, but no good advise, sorry.

It will take a lot of courage to do, but you will I'm sure.

Just remember all the girls here will be right behind you.

Good luck, love Trin x

DonnaT
12-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Good luck Georgette.

If everyone alread knows, but hasn't seen, then you should be fine, nervous, but fine. Fine as long as you don't imbibe too much alcohol. ;)

Maybe get dressed and step out back of the house and wait untill everyone gets in and settled down. You'll have to come inside eventually! :D

Or just be the good hostess you want to be and greet everyone at the door, with hugs.

Just remember, this is who you are! So show no fear. :cool:

Julie
12-23-2004, 12:51 PM
Georgette, over the past few weeks you've confronted a few demons and also things concerning your SO and came out safely on the other side. All you can do is treat this as another step in your journey and I feel things will go better than you percieve they will.

Good luck

JJ

Georgette
12-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Donna there won't be no alcohol involved before but whos to say afterwards. No I won't imbibe to much as I really don't drink that much but some times I do over indulge, not very often though.
I am not to concerned about my sister as I think she will be the first to greet me as the sister she always wanted. I know we could always talk like we were sister, so I am hoping for the best.

Donna Louise
12-23-2004, 01:45 PM
Keep a stiff upper lip.

I assume they know but have not seen. I'm sure you will be completely lady like and every thing will turn out wonderfully.

Best of luck
Donna Louise

Sharon
12-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Georgette,
Your heart is going to keep fluttering until after you tell them. At least that's how it was for me. If you're determined enough to bare yourself to them, I'm sure you'll do fine.
Good luck,
Sharon

Noel Chimes
12-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Do you have anyone who has seen you dress? If so perhaps they could be there for your announcement. Safety in numbers and all of us are with you. Noel

Tamara Croft
12-23-2004, 07:35 PM
Good luck Georgette, hope everything works out for you. You must have an incline to how they are going to react or I'm sure you wouldn't be telling them.

Tamara x

Vivian Best
12-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Georgette,

I really wish I could help you but I've not had the experience you are going to go through. I personally believe you have the strength to go through it and pull it off well. I think in a situation like you describe you will be in control because you know what is going to happen, those that Georgette is going to be introduce to probably doesn't have a clue what they are about to experience. Personally, I think I would be very prepared to explain everything which I think you probably are. Explain long enough that their shock has time to settle down and they realize that Georgette is a woman that is there for the long run.

I really wish you the best and let us know how it goes.

Vivian

Rikki
12-24-2004, 03:49 AM
Georgette,

you will do fine, just take a deep breath and remember how you got through with your S/O and how you felt after words. Good luck, I wish you the best.
Rikki

P.S. I hope that I have got all the facts right. If I have said anything out a line, please forgive, I am new to this letting out.
Rikki

LauraB
12-24-2004, 07:26 AM
We Brits say Best of British, Go for it Girl, have a blast, break a leg

Georgette
Though none of these will be needed, i hope that all works out well for you and yours. That you come through this stronger and a better person than before

Best of British Luck Girl

Love and best wishes

Laura

XXXXXXXXX

Vickie-CD
12-24-2004, 08:04 AM
Georgette, I wish you the very best and you will be in my thoughts.
Hope for the Best,
Vickie

Wendy me
12-24-2004, 08:08 AM
georgette my thoughts and prayers are with you good luck

Georgette
12-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Keep a stiff upper lip.

I assume they know but have not seen. I'm sure you will be completely lady like and every thing will turn out wonderfully.

Best of luck
Donna Louise
No they don't know Georgette, but they will. I have to go to the airport in about an hour to get my daughter and son-inlaw so that will be a traffic nightmareLOL. :)
I plan on the big DEBUT on Christmas Day right before Diner that way they will be hungry and not have to many questions. A method to my plan.
After all my Tickle test said I was a socialite so we will SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :rolleyes:

racquel
12-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Best of luck Georgette,i'm sure it will be fine.Scary as hell though.we are here if you need to talk.Merry Christmas.

Georgette
12-24-2004, 11:02 PM
I will let y-all know come monday I probably won't be on this much for the next couple of days.

Merinda
12-25-2004, 02:25 AM
Wow Georgette , you're a woman of real courage to face the family head on , I'd be too nervous and couldn't have done that.
It has taken me many years of pranks and strange photo projects before I came clean with my family and confirmed their suspicions.

I wish you the best of luck Georgette and hope it goes well for you.

lots of love