PDA

View Full Version : Whoops, they got it wrong again!

Penny
09-14-2006, 11:28 AM
I ran some errands this morning and as usual all with whom I came in contact called me "Mam" or if not, gave the appearance that I was just matter of fact.
You would think someone had a clue. For all of you sisters contemplating going out in public have courage and heart. You know the old saying "seeing
is believing", well I think for most part, people see what they have been conditioned to beleive. Since I dress, walk and talk like a lady, I must be one. Now to them I might appear to be the an ugly woman but nevertheless, still a woman.

KarenSusan
09-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Judging from your avatar, Penny, you are certainly not ugly.

Carroll
09-14-2006, 11:35 AM
:iagree: :yt:

I look at pictures here all the time and think about how pretty some of you girls are compaired to me, you included Penny

Julogden
09-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I ran some errands this morning and as usual all with whom I came in contact called me "Mam" or if not, gave the appearance that I was just matter of fact.
You would think someone had a clue. For all of you sisters contemplating going out in public have courage and heart. You know the old saying "seeing
is believing", well I think for most part, people see what they have been conditioned to beleive. Since I dress, walk and talk like a lady, I must be one. Now to them I might appear to be the an ugly woman but nevertheless, still a woman.
Hi Penny,

Great, glad to hear you're having such positive experiences.

I'm curious though, how tall are you? Being 6'5" myself, I feel that my height will automatically invite extra scrutiny, so my chances of ever doing what you did and passing are slim-to-none. Being of typical female height seems to be a huge asset if one is trying to pass.

And as I've said before, I'd rather be accepted as myself when I go out, so passing isn't neccessarily my focus, but the aspect of being stared at by everyone really isn't appealing to me. Guess I need to thicken my skin if I want to go public.:happy:

Carol:hugs:

vbcdgrl
09-14-2006, 11:54 AM
I agree with your philosophy, Penny. You're certainly not ugly, though. I went out Tue and yesterday to 2 different fast food drive-thrus, en femme, in broad daylight. Both times, the attendant, one male, one female, took my order over the speaker in my kinda crackly femme voice, made change and served me my meal without even a second glance. One of the times, I dropped a dollar bill outside on the ground(not on purpose), had to get out of the car, in front of everyone, to retrieve it. No-one even took real notice. This gave me a courage boost for my upcoming visit to the mall.

Vikki

Kahlan51
09-14-2006, 12:01 PM
I think that most people are so tied up in their own concerns they don't notice much. I used to stop in the street and hold up my arm straight out and people would walk right into it. I am discreet when I go out dressed en femme and hardly get noticed unless I want to be. ( Which is most of the time I'm soooooo bad) Glad to hear it went so well for you. And if you look as good as your pictures I wish you lived on my street Love Kahlan

JoAnnDallas
09-14-2006, 12:22 PM
AHHHH.....the Duck Mode.....If it looks somewhat like a woman, walks somewhat like a women, talks somewhat like a woman, it must be a woman.

Sweet Marie
09-14-2006, 01:07 PM
When you go out; remember it's the whole package(no pun intended) that people are seeing. A good wig, makeup done right, correct attire for the occasion, and most importantly self-confidence. And please, don't go around trying to hide behind clothes racks or staring at other people to see if they are reading you. These two things will definitely give you away. I know from previous experience.

People are so self absorbed that if you just fit in, chances are you will go unoticed. I do this almost everyday. I even use my Costco card with my male picture on it to go into their store. They don't look.

Good luck to all with your trips outside the home.

Marie

Some humans aren't human. Some humans aren't kind.....John Prine

Snookums
09-14-2006, 09:16 PM
no amount of makeup or plastic surgery could make me look as good as you Penny

Denise01
09-14-2006, 10:52 PM
I was shopping this evening, and into a ladies store that i often will go to.

It was kind of late when i got there, so did not have much time to browse and look at what i want. I was looking at some nice slacks, but did not have enough time to try on the right style.
It was closing time when i was leaving, and at the same time there were 2 other ladies there both trying on slacks as well.
It was a beautiful evening, and being friendly as most ladies are, we got chatting, about what we could find. One thing let do another and we got talking about going away on vacation.
When i am shopping, i am fully femme, and wear a skirt when the weather permits, as i feel much more confident shopping and trying on items, when fully femme.
We were chatting about where i was going, and one of the ladies asked, will your husband be going with you.
With a question / statement like that, guess i passed ok, and once again, they were wrong, in thinking i was a GG.
It made me feel so good to think that i was accepted as the Lady i am

Denise

Barb Valentine
09-14-2006, 10:55 PM
no amount of makeup or plastic surgery could make me look as good as you Penny

But you do have great looking feet:heehee:

Snookums
09-14-2006, 10:57 PM
girlfriend,don't you know they always get it wrong,my SO's 5 year old grand daughter asked me why I have bewbs,I told her men don't have bewbs,they have tweeters,she told me,same thing grandpa.she got me there

Snookums
09-14-2006, 10:58 PM
But you do have great looking feet:heehee:

yupperz girlfriend,god blessed me with small feet,that way I can buy womens shoes off the shelf,and try them on:D ta ta for now

Penny
09-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Hi Penny,

Great, glad to hear you're having such positive experiences.

I'm curious though, how tall are you? Being 6'5" myself, I feel that my height will automatically invite extra scrutiny, so my chances of ever doing what you did and passing are slim-to-none. Being of typical female height seems to be a huge asset if one is trying to pass.

And as I've said before, I'd rather be accepted as myself when I go out, so passing isn't neccessarily my focus, but the aspect of being stared at by everyone really isn't appealing to me. Guess I need to thicken my skin if I want to go public.:happy:

I'm 5'9 but in 3" heels that still makes me 6 feet. Because people a generally taller these days, they
still can look me straight in the eye. In your case, this won't happen; I see that as an possible
advantage.

Paula Thomas
09-15-2006, 08:37 AM
All - The next time you go to a fast-food place and eat inside (or the store), look at all the women.

The last time I did it, I could have sworn that I saw half of the members who post their pictures as their avitars.

I believe that learning a female voice and manerisms are the primary steps to being viewed as a GG.

One could argue that CDing and "being viewed as a GG" are not the same thing (although that is my goal).

Penny
09-15-2006, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE=Paula Thomas;563984]All - The next time you go to a fast-food place and eat inside (or the store), look at all the women.

The last time I did it, I could have sworn that I saw half of the members who post their pictures as their avitars.

I believe that learning a female voice and manerisms are the primary steps to being viewed as a GG.

One could argue that CDing and "being viewed as a GG" are not the same thing (although that is my goal).[/QUOTE

Maybe one of them was me; we are pretty close you know! Been there and done that.

Nigella
09-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Most of the public have gone to town to do their own business, not to hunt for cds, unless they are in the music store :D

99% of sales staff, deal with you as a customer, the odd one or two make of point of siring you, but that is just bad manners.

Get on with what you have gone to do, ignore those who wish to stare, and altogether you can have a pleasant day out.

Karren H
09-15-2006, 10:20 AM
I agree..you look like a chick to me, Penny!!! They almost always seem to get it right for me...even when dressed. <Sign>.....

:)

Love Karren

Julogden
09-15-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm 5'9 but in 3" heels that still makes me 6 feet. Because people a generally taller these days, they
still can look me straight in the eye. In your case, this won't happen; I see that as an possible
advantage.

Thanks for the reply!

Interesting, but how would that be an advantage for me?