PDA

View Full Version : another stupid qestion from me

sophieuk
09-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Ok, this is really for those who go out dressed. When i have been out, i can't act like a girl, voice etc. I don't know why. I want to try but think that people will say some thing or take the piss. I would love to be able to go out and sound, act like a girl, but can't? why? also, what does SO mean?

love sophieuk X

Sandra
09-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Sophie

Watch GGs when you are out and try to do what they do, can't help with sounding like a GG though, also don't try to hard.

SO= Significant Other
This can mean girlfriend,wife,partner.

Karren H
09-14-2006, 04:19 PM
You can act how ever you want...No one is stopping you but yourself...any fear is in your head. Its pretty much an attitude thing anyway. So just go out and be as femmy as you want!!

Love Karren

Joyce1702
09-14-2006, 04:23 PM
I think that it's sometimes hard to act "girly" because all of our lives we've been told "you're a boy, dammit!". And we've acted and socialized as boys all our lives.

I find myself opening doors for women, etc., and all the things I do as routine. It takes some work to get into the role of being a woman and acting as such. As always, the more often you get out, the easier it will become.

Joyce

Nigella
09-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Trying to be something different to what you are is opening the door to all sorts.

I don't have a feminine voice, so know that as soon as I open my gob, people will know what I am.

Be confident, be yourself, and ignore the comment. If the person passing the comment knows they have got to you, it will only encourage them.

bean
09-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Karren you are right thank you - your pictures are excellent
bean

vbcdgrl
09-14-2006, 04:58 PM
You can pick up the mannerisms by observing the GGs as they go about their business. A few tips: take smaller steps when you walk, put one foot in front of the other, and try to sway your hips a little. You can practice this with full length mirror. Also, when you sit, keep your legs together. Crossing them is good, as long as it's knee on knee, not ankle on knee. If you drop something and have to pick it up, squat down, don't bend over. When you approach a door and someone opens it for you, let 'em. GGs are constantly dealing with their hair, primping, combing, brushing.
I can't help with the voice. I've developed kindof a 'rough" female voice but I really don't know how to tell someone else how.

Vikki

Jennaie
09-14-2006, 05:36 PM
It's a mindset thing for me. I really don't try to act in a different character. It's more like the character is already there, I just let her come to the front. It was not at all like that in the beginning though. I had to practice and watch and study and practice some more.

One thing would work and one would not, constant refinement.

One of the things I have found very helpful in developing a fem voice was to excersise my vocals by singing in a female voice in my car and at home. I still have a very hard time with this and am still afraid to speak when out.

Developing your female pesonna is an ongoing learning experience that comes in stages. Don't get in too much of a hurry, just practice and let it come to you until you are comfortable with it.

Phoebe Reece
09-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Jennaie is right about practice. You have to get out there dressed and just do it. Slowly you will pick up little things from GG's around you and eventually not even have to conciously remember what to do when dressed. I say this, because a few weeks back when waiting outside the movie theater to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show, a couple (GG and her boyfriend) came up to me and gave me a nice compliment on my presentation. They both said that at first they thought I was a GG, not because of what I was wearing (a dress, heels, etc.), but because of the way I stood, gestured, and interacted with other people around me. They remarked that I appeared to be very comfortable in presenting myself as a woman and were curious as to how I had developed that. Before we could carry on further with the conversation, the box office opened up and we separated to deal with tickets. I really wasn't particularly trying to act feminine that night. I was just enjoying being myself as Phoebe.

Jodi
09-14-2006, 07:42 PM
SO means "significant other"

Jodi

uknowhoo
09-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Good advise from Jennaie, Phoebe and others. I agree that practice, practice, practice will help, and wanted to add, that it doesn't have to be while out. Practice while en femme at home... the walking, talking, mannerisms, etc.

Good luck.

xoxo

Tammi

sophieuk
09-15-2006, 05:46 PM
thats some good advice. Voice wise, no problem when on phone. I have even had some people ask me to call up people for them with the gilr voice. Mate em will tell you how good i am at it. Yes, i even call mates up with the voice. Just the acting, moving etc i need to master. Em will sign up soon. got her hands full at moment.
love
sophieuk X X

MarinaTwelve200
09-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Ok, this is really for those who go out dressed. When i have been out, i can't act like a girl, voice etc. I don't know why. I want to try but think that people will say some thing or take the piss. I would love to be able to go out and sound, act like a girl, but can't? why? also, what does SO mean?

love sophieuk X

I am the SAME WAY. I discovered this when I went out to a an annual halloween party a couple years ago---First and only time in public.

I looked pretty darn good, if i say so myself, but for the life of me, I could not MAKE myself assume fem gestures or try a fem voice. I attributed it to the fact that I can only go SO FAR in a public situation, and thats it.

Usually a private CD, I went to the party to "shake things up"--as costuming was dropping off lately, AND also I was SO PROUD of how my costume looked, I just HAD to show it off (I won the Costume contest BTW)----But I noticed the costume part was as FAR as my psyche would let me go---I couldnt do anything else fem.

BTW, my "shake up" worked, as more people came in costume last year.