PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy your clothes in person?

LeAnn
09-14-2006, 08:16 PM
All my clothes I have either purcahsed by myself or with my wife except some from the JC Penny catalogue. When I purchase from JC Penney I either try them on in the store or return them to the catalogue store if they do not fit. They ones I borrowed from my spouse are long gone. Now if we share we buy them together. How many of you do that? More than 90% of my clothes have women's labels.

Snookums
09-14-2006, 10:35 PM
I sure do,you should see the stares I get when I try on shoes

samantha#1
09-14-2006, 10:39 PM
I always buy my own clothes dressed in drab, not a problem with underwear and sizeing etc but shoes can be a hassle as you have to try them on and that took a bit of courage the 1st time but now I am fine. Nowadays my confidence is such that I even try on dresses, tops, skirts etc, just pick them out and head straight for the change room.
Hugs to all
Samantha

Denise01
09-14-2006, 11:02 PM
I do all my own shopping, and with the exception of a very few times, i am always totally femme when shopping for Denise.
I find the sizings on clothes vary so much, that i have now taken the position, if I cant try it on I will not buy it.
I do feel so much more confident when shopping femme. Just last night, i was shopping, into a ladies store i frequent often. The sales girls there are fantasitc.
I did buy 3 skirts and one top.
At the time I was in the store there were a couple of teen age girls in there trying on clothes as well, and they did not even take a second look at me when i went to a changing room to try on the items.
I was in a store in a city about an hour from me a couple of months ago. Had to be drab, due to a meeting i had in the morning.
Stopped into the store that i often go to as well, but usually femme.
Guess the sales girl saw me holding a dress and skirt up in front of me, to see how they might fit.
She came over, we chatted for a minuet about anything, then out of the blue, she asked: Would you like to try them on. It made me feel so good that she was accepting, With here help, we found 2 dresses that fit me on the sale rack, and this kind of service, made my day, and for sure i will continue to go to the store when i am in town

Denise

Jenn2716
09-14-2006, 11:23 PM
All of my women's clothes I have bought in person or with my wife with me (not counting the clothes she buys for me on her own). I have worked up the courage to try on the clothes I am buying during my last 3 shopping trips (thought that is over a span of 1 year).

I've tried on shoes, but usually wait until the sales people are busy helping someone else. I know in my head that I shouldn't care who is around when trying on shoes, but I'm still working on calming those nerves.

Billijo49504
09-14-2006, 11:47 PM
The sales ladies at my Lane Bryant store know me by my male name. I have a platiumun card. So Yes, I shop in person. Oh, the wife works at the AVenue, so I shop there in person too...BJ

michelle19845
09-14-2006, 11:56 PM
i get most of mine at goodwill or walmart.it's pry 60 % of the time i'm in drab (androgynous clothes),otherwise i'm in femme to the fullest.it works better when in femme cause it isn't so bad as feeling a lil pressured.

Janereed
09-15-2006, 01:59 AM
Helllllllll no.

Im an ebay girl all the way! Its the perfect way to shop in my opinion, I get new items at ridiculously low prices, and no embaressment of actually shopping. Online stores are great too, thats usually how I get my lingerie. The only drawback is postage time...SOB! I was preying Id get some things I bought today, but looks like they wont be here until monday....long sad weekend for me :(

Mandy Salamander
09-15-2006, 02:44 AM
ooooooooooooooooh,,, 'bout half 'n half, i guess,,, for mee, getting all dressed 'n made-up 'n sitting 'round th' house seems a bit pointless 'n boring,,, but,, not soooo much into clubs 'n bars anymore at my age,,, soooo,,, if have no social engagement t' attend, where t' go??? ~shopping~ !!!!!!!!!!!,,, but,,, being primarily nocturnal by nature, online shopping is really tremendously convenient,,,, and ebay is absolutely fabulous for vintage apparel from th' '60's 'n early '70's, which i personally, absolutely adore,,, i've always wanted t' be a go-go girl!!!!!

Jenniferritchie
09-15-2006, 04:39 AM
I do a bit of both,if isee a skirt or dress that i really like and i am with my wife i will ask her to buy it and sometimes she will refuse, i think purely from a financial point of view as money is often quite tight and she cannot justify in her head that i am spending money on female clothes, if this is the case i just go back to the shop myself and buy it. The only thing i do not buy when i an alone is my bra and pants, but my wife is good at keeping me supplied when it comes to brithdays and the like, she will also buy these when i am with her for me, so i do have more than enough, but then again i do not have any male underwear so a girl cannot go out without her panties on. i also do some shopping on line and just the other day i managed to eventually buy a ball gown that i have dreamt about for years ,and at half the cost of many other source i have look at, i am not brave enough to try clothes on in the shop as i still have not pluck up the couragew to take my jennifer out of the house yet, although i do go to a support group once a month and that is the only place other than my house were i can let jennifer enjoy the freedom . i am in awe of anyvgirl who is already at the stage of not caring who knows(what a wonderful dream)

Adrienne Heels
09-15-2006, 06:13 AM
I buy all my femme clothes in person, shopping both en femme and en drab. I have no problem shopping in guy mode....I really don't think anyone cares, even when I am trying on shoes. And I do try on my clothes before I buy, too.

angelfire
09-15-2006, 06:20 AM
So far all the clothes I have I bought in person. I wanna start orderring online too though.

ChristineRenee
09-15-2006, 06:28 AM
I buy the majority of my femme clothes in person...and en drab. Occasionally I will buy clothes from catalogs but not nearly as often as I did when I was much younger.

sue ellan
09-15-2006, 06:39 AM
i buy all my fem clothes in person. in drab for now but the time is coming when i will go infem to do my shopping. i always try them in the store before buying. my wife helps me shop sometimes. just love the feeling of shopping for sue ellan. there is no better feeling.:hugs:

sue ellan.

Karren H
09-15-2006, 06:40 AM
I have never used a catalogue... Always buy mine off the rack, usually after I try them on in the store.. And I shop at mainly department stores.. In male mode and enfemme.. Have never returned anything.

And all my fem clothing have womens labels...hehehe

Love Karren

Alina
09-15-2006, 06:47 AM
I don't have a wife, and do both online and in person shopping. I prefer in person cause it's so much more fun, but I can't always find what I'm looking for. So thats when online comes in. The more I shop the more the sales people get to know me which makes it so much easier. A manager in a store last week spent a hour and a half helping me select and try on things. I'll be going back there real soon.:happy:

Trish
09-15-2006, 07:14 AM
I buy all my clothes in person. I like to be able to see the materials before I buy. I don't try on anything in the stores. If it don't fit, I don't have any problems exchanging it, or returning it for a refund. No one pays attention to what you are buying, they are only interested in your money.

Larissa
09-15-2006, 07:30 AM
Buying clothes in person is almost as much fun as wearing them later.

Geneva Lake
09-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Yes. I buy my shoes in drab all the time. Sales people at Nine West stores are very accommodating to guys buying their great shoes - trying them on in the store, I mean.

Gen:D

debbie m
09-15-2006, 08:20 AM
I buy all my clothes in person.Mostly in department stores like JC Penneys and Kohls.I always shop in drab.Its fun to shop and you can see what your buying.

Clare
09-15-2006, 09:26 AM
I buy all my femme clothing in person - endrab!

Love to wander through the store and select items. I have only ever tried on femme clothing in large department stores, but otherwise I haven't yet so so in speciality ladies shops - kinda too obvious for me in drab mode!

In fact, i'm no longer self-concious when I walk into ladies stores. Kinda act like I belong and speak confidently to the SA's. Don't give the excuse i'm shopping for the wife/GF, but also don't say i'm shopping for myself either. When I select and buy an item, I usually say 'this should fit nicely' or 'it's a pretty design'. Can mean kinda anything can't it?

Emma England
09-15-2006, 12:00 PM
In fact, i'm no longer self-concious when I walk into ladies stores. Kinda act like I belong and speak confidently to the SA's. Don't give the excuse i'm shopping for the wife/GF, but also don't say i'm shopping for myself either.

Hey, nothing wrong with saying that you are shopping for yourself.

I normally ask the SA's whether its ok to try some items on.
Something as obviously as femme as a skirt, and they will know it's for you!!

LeAnn
09-15-2006, 04:01 PM
I like Walmart and Goodwill too. I have even used their changing rooms.

LeAnn
09-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Buying clothes in person is almost as much fun as wearing them later.

Right on.

LeAnn
09-15-2006, 04:05 PM
I buy all my clothes in person.Mostly in department stores like JC Penneys and Kohls.I always shop in drab.Its fun to shop and you can see what your buying.

Some times you find cool sales too.

LeAnn
09-15-2006, 04:11 PM
I sure do,you should see the stares I get when I try on shoes

Once I had a sales person refuse to show me women's boots. To get shoes big enough I normaly have to use my JC Penny Catalogue and return some which did not fit. Yesterday I wore my heels for about an hour. Sometimes I find shoes at Shopco or Target.

JeanneF
09-15-2006, 04:14 PM
I buy all my clothes in person, and almost always try them on before buying. It's way less of a hassle to ask to use the fitting room that it is to go home and find out that a top looks like crap on me. The fun part is that at a lot of stores, the girls that work there really get into the idea of dressing a guy up. I've even managed to get dates from girls when I was out clothes shopping. I tend to shop at the mall stores (Express, Delia's, Charlotte Russe, etc).

Snookums
I bought a pair of low rise nappa leather flair jeans from Newport News,they fit just fine,and look real hot with my Jessica Simpson black patent cork heels :D

LeAnn
Some of you might like to send me private mail to alert me of some threads you have posted you would like me to look at.

LeAnn

Sweet Marie
09-15-2006, 04:17 PM
I shop 90% of the time enfemme and use the dressing rooms. I love trying on numerous outfits. Sometime what looks good on the rack looks bad on the old bod and then again "bingo", you find something that works.

It's a wonderful life!

Marie

Some humans aren't human. Some humans aren't kind......John Prine