PDA

View Full Version : Another shopping excursion

angelfire
09-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Alright, so my friend is having a party in a week's time, and it is costume themed. Its a disco inferno party, so I figured I'd look for some stuff at thrift shops. So I went to a salvation army last night, and just quickly (my bus was coming) asked the woman if she had seen anything, and she said no, and told me to try value village.

So anyway, today I went to value village, and asked for help from a lady, and we couldn't find any suitable pants in men's, so she suggested women's, so we checked there, and there was nothing in my size. So she went and got another woman to come and try to help me, and again, we couldn't find anything. In the end I just found a men's shirt to wear, but I browsed the women's section a bit, and didn't see much that caught my interest.

Just quickly browsing through, I saw about 3 skirts that I loves, but 2 of them were size 4, and one was size 7, which is all way to small for me (I wear a men's 38, so I am about a women's size 18?). I saw a full dress or 2, but thats about it.

I also checked out shoes, hoping to find some platforms or something, and found 1 pair, but it was way too small as well (Size 13 male shoes are hard enough to find).

I ended up wussing out and not buying any femme stuff because I had basically talked to most of the staff already, and I was feeling rather nervous, since they all knew what I was shopping for anyway.

I was told to go back in next week because they thought they had some of what I was looking for, but it was all in the stock-room packed in boxes, so I'll go over one day next week, and I think saturday I'll go to the salvation army again and look for myself, because I don't think the woman thought to check in women's clothes for stuff for me, and I was in a rush so didn't think to ask. Plus, I might just buy some more femme stuff if I see it there next time.

uknowhoo
09-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Sorry you didn't find anything, hun. You'll prolly be a lil less nervous next time, and have better luck. ;) Tammi

Barb Valentine
09-14-2006, 11:01 PM
I love value village
But I like you have a problem with finding a big enough size
I know they get them in as well
Just keep looking
You'll find something

Snookums
09-14-2006, 11:15 PM
luckily for me God blessed me with small feet shoe size isn't a concern,dress size is.After 8 years taking prednisone,I ballooned,but I have gotten rid of 45 pounds of it and now I'm down to a size 18 jeans

Billijo49504
09-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Good luck on your next trip to the store. I hope you find something for the party...BJ