PDA

View Full Version : My full body wax appointment is made!

Rachael Turner
09-15-2006, 06:18 AM
Next week full body wax. Finally. Shaving is such a pain. Time has been an issue so the 2 hour full wax appointment had to be made. At least that will give me a couple weeks of shave free BS. :)

So looking forward to getting it done. The lady doing it is really hot as well. ;)

Should be interesting conversation for a couple hours. :devil:

Phyliss
09-15-2006, 06:50 AM
Just had mine done this past Wed. Interesting conversation? Ha. As she was waxing in the "nether region" we were talking about the upcoming local fair and the fact that rain was predicted.
After awhile it gets to be just another "thing to be done"
You'll love the result.

Oh, BTW when you're spread eagled on the table with your legs spread for easy access to THAT area, something to think about,....remember the time in high school in biology class when you had the frog on the table ready for disection? That's usually how I feel at the time.

Exfoilate as much as possible before hand when taking your morning shower that day, (makes for easier hair removal) and most important , lay off the bean burritos for a few days.

Sedona
09-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Rachel,

Great! You beat me to it, I'm having a full wax next week as well. Good luck!

Cheers,

jackie
09-15-2006, 06:53 AM
sounds its going to be delightfully painful !

renee k
09-15-2006, 07:01 AM
Hi All,

I'm going in two weeks for my body wax, can't wait to get out of gorilla mode. With everyone here going for a body wax. You'll turn on the news only to hear of wax shortages across the country and speculators driving up prices. LOL!!

Huggs, Renee

Sedona
09-15-2006, 07:10 AM
Renee,

Ooooo, you're right! I'd better move my appointment from Tuesday to Monday!

Cheers,

Diane098
09-15-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm soo jealous.I called the places in my area to see if they would do it and they all said we dont do men! oh well back to the razor.:sad:

gail price
09-15-2006, 10:31 AM
thats funny i just ran a subject on this same matter and i was shy about getting myself waxed. but now i can't wait. it's the pain i am now thinking about!!!:straightface:

happyroman
09-15-2006, 11:58 AM
please keep us posted as to how it went

Karren H
09-15-2006, 12:02 PM
OUCH!!!

Love Karren

KewTnCurvy GG
09-15-2006, 12:04 PM
OUCH!!!

Love Karren

Yes, take some ibuprofen before you go. Trust me it will be painful. But then when the dopamine kicks in you'll be in a zen state! G'luck!

Why not laser? That's the way I'd go if it were me.
Kew

Vash
09-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Wow all this talk about "body" waxing! I had my "full legs and bikini area" and underarms done a few weeks ago and was going to go again next week<now kinda worried about that whole wax shortage thing, thanks Renee> makes me wonder about "body" waxing. Anyone have details. How much does it cost,how long it takes, EXACTLY<g> where are they waxing.I was thinking about having my chest done<what little hair I actually have on my chest> on my next visit but maybe a whole "body" wax might be even better. PLEASE.........keep me informed

Vash

Vash
09-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Kew[/QUOTE]

Well, as a <sigh>dude,sometimes you want or need hair

Vash

Rachael Turner
09-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Yes, take some ibuprofen before you go. Trust me it will be painful. But then when the dopamine kicks in you'll be in a zen state! G'luck!

Kew

Im considering laser. I think its going to wind up costing me a few dimes to do it though. Whereas the waxing thing to start is around 200.

I plan on taking the customary 2 motrin or ibuprofin and since the appointment is at 4:30 The happy hour martini to go with it.

I know its goign to hurt, but isn't fashion worth it? :heehee:

Rachael Turner
09-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Wow all this talk about "body" waxing! I had my "full legs and bikini area" and underarms done a few weeks ago and was going to go again next week<now kinda worried about that whole wax shortage thing, thanks Renee> makes me wonder about "body" waxing. Anyone have details. How much does it cost,how long it takes, EXACTLY<g> where are they waxing.I was thinking about having my chest done<what little hair I actually have on my chest> on my next visit but maybe a whole "body" wax might be even better. PLEASE.........keep me informed

Vash

Total price for me was quoted for arms, chest, back (theres not much there), shoulders, legs, thighs and bikini area. $230.00

Phyliss
09-17-2006, 07:54 AM
$230.00?
Not a bad price. Add in a $40 tip, if she's good and, considering the area of the country, (NJ) that's a decent price. I'm in N.H. and my gal charges me $170 for everything from nose to toes. I add in a $30 tip. and get out of there hairless for 2 bone$ . I do however, pay her in ca$h. How she records the entry on her books is her business. Been going to her for better than a year now and love it each time.

renee k
09-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi All,

I'm going on the 27th. I'll let you the price in my neck of the woods,plus the pain factor. If you can handle electrolysis, you can handle just about anything! LOL.

Huggs, Renee

Sedona
09-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Try a local beauty college to save some cash on waxing (go to a pro for brazilian though). Often about 50%. In my experience for what the students lack in skill (don't worry, it won't hurt more), they make up for in enthusiasm, often using tweezers to get every last hair, something the pros often won't take time to do.

Rachael Turner
09-21-2006, 06:31 AM
OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW! Is all I have to say. Ow.

Arms were not a problem they didnt hurt, legs either. Back piece of cake, but chest and stomach? OW OW OW OW OW!

Sedona
09-21-2006, 07:07 AM
And,

The million dollar question.

How does it feel now? Yummy?

Congrats,

p.s. Now go get yourself a Brazilian (more pain than the pits or abdomen, but Mmmmmmm)

Rachael Turner
09-21-2006, 09:42 AM
And,

The million dollar question.

How does it feel now? Yummy?

Congrats,

p.s. Now go get yourself a Brazilian (more pain than the pits or abdomen, but Mmmmmmm)

Im smooth , very smooth, but skin is still tender. Going to be sore for a day or two she said. Came out great though. Still, OOOOOOOOWWWWWW!

Sedona
09-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Im smooth , very smooth, but skin is still tender. Going to be sore for a day or two she said. Came out great though. Still, OOOOOOOOWWWWWW!

I'm sure the esthetician told you, but some aloe gel will help with the pain (test a little bit of skin first), and once the pain subsides, probably in a day, make sure you exfoliate each time you shower to keep ingrowns from appearing.

That said, hopefully it lasts a while for you. I get about 10 days before hair starts to come back. For some it's a week, others three.

Cheers,

kathy gg
09-21-2006, 03:42 PM
With the money you are spending on a wax good for less than a month....you could have bought one eplilator and a bottle of a very nice wine and achived the same results....but hey if you got money to burn.....burn baby burn!:D

Jennaie
09-21-2006, 04:51 PM
OUCH!!!

Love Karren
Thats all I can say too Karen.