PDA

View Full Version : dressing younger than your age

michelle44cd
09-15-2006, 08:46 AM
I am in my 40s and dress my age when I go out or to CD functions. But I often dress younger than my age at home and still cannot resist the urge to buy clothes that belong on a 20 something girl when I go shopping. I still love to wear very short skirts, crop tops, and young tees, and put my hair in a pony tail at home. Are there any other girls out there who do this also? Michelle

Clare
09-15-2006, 09:07 AM
Not that i'm out-n-about in full femme mode, but I'd try to blend the two tastefully. I'm 43, do like some of the fashions for the younger girls, but also like conservative clothes suitable for my age.

One thing I do notice is that I actually look younger when enfemme! More reason to crossdress regulary!

Karren H
09-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Why dress your age anyway? I'd have to go out and acquire a set of saggy breast forms to do that! Hehe Dress up and head over to bingo at the fire hall!! :D

Of coarse I dress younger, even when I'm out...but what I don't do is dress inappropriately.. So no short short skirts and fishnets at the mall..(Yaehhh. Unlike that tart Jill!!) lol

You can pull off younger look than your age and do it with taste and style.....if you want to!

Love Karren

pinkshelly
09-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Dressing under your age, hhhhmmmm. Have ha seen my info pic, also see inspection day in pics. It's alittle you for an almost 40 yr old but what the hay. Like karren said, they don't sell saggy breast forms.
Huggs, Shelly.

Karren H
09-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Dressing under your age, hhhhmmmm. Have ha seen my info pic, also see inspection day in pics. It's alittle you for an almost 40 yr old but what the hay. Like karren said, they don't sell saggy breast forms.
Huggs, Shelly.

40!!! Pup!!! hehehe I'm 54 but Karren is at least a decade or two younger..... btw, you look like you 18!!!

Love Karren

SherriePall
09-15-2006, 11:54 AM
I think I dress a little younger than my age. And when flipping through newspaper ads, I gravitate towards the younger fashions. A couple of years ago before Halloween I went into a high end clothing store and was wandering about looking at some women's clothes when an older lady SA came over and said, "Excuse me, may I help you?" I said yes that I was looking for women's clothes for Halloween (we should change it to a monthly Holiday). "Well, I'm sorry, but you're looking in the juniors," she said haughtily.
Well, I tried on a couple of dresses, but you know, they weren't me. So, I said thank you and left.

Jenna1561
09-15-2006, 11:59 AM
As a 45-year old TEENAGE girl, I really don't know what my age is. LOL. I too like many of the fashions for 20 somethings, but besides being 45, I am also overweight, so many simply don't work for me.

I generally dress my age when out with nothing outlandish, but not granny mode either. I like Fashion Bug and many of their styles are youthful.

Ponytail - I wear my natural hair in a pony tail frequently, I hope I don't have to give it up as I age.

Jenna

pinkshelly
09-15-2006, 12:12 PM
18, thanks sweety. Some times I only feel 18. In fact the s.o. sayes I act the same age as my daughter (9).lol
Karren you look way younger than 44, way.
Huggs, Shelly.

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Most of my girl clothes are age appropriate. But tonight (after my nap) I think I will wear my denim thigh legnth skirt and a pretty halter top. Wear what fits the mood.

Sasha Anne

Snookums
09-15-2006, 12:19 PM
all the time,I never see 57 year old women dress like I do

Karren H
09-15-2006, 12:29 PM
18, thanks sweety. Some times I only feel 18. In fact the s.o. sayes I act the same age as my daughter (9).

Must be that clean Utah air!! Or all those wives you have that keeps you active and youngish. :D

Love Karren

Snookums
09-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Must be that clean Utah air!! Or all those wives you have that keeps you active and youngish. :D

Love Karren

the airs the worst in the country the inversions we get in the winter are a health hazzard,they issue air quality warnings here.I'm not mormon,I have just one wife,I couldn't imagine 10 of them with PMS,ones bad enough.
Age is a mind thing girlfriend,and who you are inside.Ta ta for now.

suanne
09-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Dress my age!!! Holy Crap!!!! :eek: That's no fun. Surgical hose, long skirts, granny shoes.....Yuck!!! I dress for me. You say..."well you look cheap!" I say...."Yeah Baby" that's for me. I am not one of the "cute" ones. I couldn't pass with a bag over my head. Sooo... I dress to enjoy me as Suanne. If it turns me on...... I put it on! Thigh high boots, sheer stockings, panty hose, nylon with tons of lace, bright red lip stick, sexy perfume....wow! Now were talking.....hey I thought this closet had a light in it? See...no worries. :hiding:

Suanne

TexasBG
09-15-2006, 02:34 PM
I am in my 40s and dress my age when I go out or to CD functions. But I often dress younger than my age at home and still cannot resist the urge to buy clothes that belong on a 20 something girl when I go shopping. I still love to wear very short skirts, crop tops, and young tees, and put my hair in a pony tail at home. Are there any other girls out there who do this also? Michelle
I'm about your age and dress 10 years even younger than that. I have a dresser full of flowered and cutsey print briefs, white a-cup bras, and socks with cute sayings on them, like "Spoiled", or with colored stripes or ruffles. In the closet are cotton shirts, denim and Catholic schoolgirl jumpers, shortalls, baby-doll dresses, white tennis shoes, and black leather Mary Janes.

If it goes in your hair between the ages of 10 and 16, I've got it and wear it, even as I post this message. You keep on flipping your ponytail while reading Mademoiselle. I'm headed out to play on the swings and monkey bars.

susann_gardener
09-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Hell, I'm 60 and often derss in clothes meant for 20-somethings. I think I missed the puberty stage.

pepsi
09-15-2006, 03:48 PM
as you can see i dress a little young for a 35 year old you should wear whatever makes you happy and comfortable .remember age is only a number its how old you feel that counts.hope i stay a teenage girl forever!:love:

michelle44cd
09-15-2006, 03:49 PM
wow!!! girls, thanks for the great comments. I feel so much better now. I am so glad that others love to dress younger than their age. Maybe it's becuase many of us missed out on getting to dress alot when we were in our teen years. I spent my entire teen life completely jealous of all of the girls in school who got to wear those delicious shorts, skirts, halters, sandals and makeup. I need to male up for lost time. You are all so sweet..thanks!

Michelle

michelle44cd
09-15-2006, 03:50 PM
as you can see i dress a little young for a 35 year old you should wear whatever makes you happy and comfortable .remember age is only a number its how old you feel that counts.hope i stay a teenage girl forever!:love:

pepsi, you are adorable. I would give anythig for your looks!!!

angelfire
09-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Seriously, from the pics I would guess your age at mid to early 20's. You are in damn good shape sister!

And I would like to dress younger than my age, or at least the same, but I am still working on a sufficient wardrobe.

Sky
09-15-2006, 04:48 PM

That was one of the reasons why I stopped dressing: the clothes I used to wear didn't match my age anymore. I didn't want to look silly in them but I didn't want to wear middle age outfits either.

ArleneRaquel
09-15-2006, 04:50 PM
When I dress I feel so much younger, so I dress according to how I feel.:love: From Katrina

Jenney Love
09-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Having lost over a 100 pounds, I feel like all light and airy, so I like have been dressing like a schoolgirl, I suppose I will grow up one of these days.

It's like I tell my wife, I don't go out, don't have a big urge to go out, so why should'nt I dress how I like, it's not like anyone is going to see me, ok Holloween is coming, but the wife let me out the door last year, not sure she would let it happen two years in a row.

Jenney

Dragster
09-15-2006, 05:31 PM
I think I'm with the majority here. If I had a wife who didn't object, I'd be going out in (tasteful) clothes at least 20 years younger than me. What's the point in CDing to look like a 62 year old grandmother??? In my closet, I'm a high class hooker (from the neck down), and it really turns me on.

Tony

ArleneRaquel
09-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Outside of the sexual pleasure that I receive from dressing, I think that another part of the puzzle on why I dress (younger) is that I am in search of my lost youth. :love: From the Very Young (feeling) Katrina

Jodi
09-15-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm 61. Do I dress my age? You tell me.

Jodi

Jillian310
09-15-2006, 07:55 PM
I am almost 70, and would not think of dressing that age! Karren has me pegged pretty well, except I don't wear my fishnets and exposed garters with a mini any more when mall walking ~ now I wear black tights instead.

That time the security cops followed me on my mall walk was not an experience I care to repeat! Having said that, when I go out with the girls to the Blue Moon, the sky is the limit! The problem I have there is, after a few glasses of wine, remembering to keep my legs together in those comfy chairs when my mini comes up to, well, just visualize that it REALLY comes up! Giggle!

Now I am considering getting a mini schoolgirl outfit with white stockings and white garter belt, which of course will show because the skirt is so deliciously short! I would wear that outfit to be in the audience when girlfriend Vinca DaVine competes as a drag queen!

I figure at my age with several old age health issues, anything can happen, so I want to enjoy CDing to the max as long as I can! And I enjoy it the most in my minis!!!!!

Adrienne Heels
09-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Jodi, you always look so lovely!!

I think I dress younger than my age (52). I love to wear sexy jeans and high heels. Probably dress like a woman 35-40, but I think I look younger than 52 when I have my makeup and wig on.

Monica Marie
09-15-2006, 09:55 PM
I dress a lot younger than my age. Of course my chest is just starting to develop so I guess I'm dressing my girl age.LOL!

Jenna1561
09-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Jodi, I say you are a beautiful and sexy 61 year old, who dresses appropriately. While it may not be what most 61 year old women wear, it is certainly wonderful looking on you. Hope I look somewhere near as good as you.

Jenna

Cassy11
09-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Dress the way you feel. I'm 61 and when I dress, suddenly I've lost 15 years. I think it's good for the soul.

Kahlan51
09-16-2006, 09:46 AM
I agree 100% dress the way you feel Let us defeat the dragon of ageism
I'm 55 and wear anything that "I" think looks good. My mirror loves me. When I go out I don't want to attract the wrong kind of attention. I go with my feeling at the time. Let the wind of change blow through your hair
Love Kahlan

missy collins
09-16-2006, 09:55 AM
i dress pretty much the same as i did in my teens. being in my mid 20's(26 tomorrow) i still love that flirty look and besides shopping the juniors department is sooo much fun. :happy: missy

RikkiOfLA
09-16-2006, 10:16 AM
A few years ago, I was taking some classes at a local college. One of the teachers was a very attractive, together looking woman. While none of us thought she was in her twenties (after all, she's teaching college, duh!) the class was surprised to hear she was well past sixty. She didn't look it. She didn't dress it either. She was tastefully dressed, too, I might add.

The rule for GGs is no longer is "dress your age." It's "if you can pull it off, go for it!" And if GGs can do it, why can't we?

(warning: This paragraph is repeated from another CD forum) The other evening, my wife and I (I'm 57) went into a coffee shop for dinner. I was wearing a mid-thigh length skirt and a pair of over-the-knee socks. A twenty-something spies them, and blurts out (almost screams), "I LOVE THOSE SOCKS! THOSE ARE SOOOOOOOO SEXY! WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE?" and jumps up from the table. Another woman, about my age, after dinner, complimented me on them as well. And I admit it, I love getting complimented on my outfit by GGs!

So why "dress your age" unless, of course, you want to? Wear what you like, wear what looks good on you, have a little fun.

After all, you'll never be younger than you are today!

Rikki

myMichelle
09-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi, Michelle. Nice name, LOL! I wholeheartedly agree with nearly every other answer to this question. I am nearly 42 years old, and you can't seperate me from one of my favorite denim mini skirts! Perhaps one of the few benefits of being a CD as opposed to a GG is that we're already breaking social norms, so why not go ahead and dress as we'd like to dress and not as we think others might have us dress?

Bev06 GG
09-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi Girls,
I dont think theres so much emphasis placed on dressing your age nowadays. Even GGs wear what they like to wear and what suits them. The thing that you do need to do tho, is to dress according to your shape, height, weight etc. For instance I do not have a waist, Im more or less straight up and down, so I wear clothes that compliment me rather than draw attention to my not so perfect points. My friend is alittle overweight, so she doesn't wear figure hugging clothes because she feels uncomfortable and self conscious in them. At the end of the day, you do what you want to do, but everyone wants to look their best dont they.
Take care
BEVxxxx

Rachel Morley
09-16-2006, 12:11 PM
I am in my 40s and dress my age when I go out or to CD functions. But I often dress younger than my age at home
Ditto! I'm 43 and as you can see by my avatar, I dress appropriately when I go out. At home however, I wear much younger fashions, the sort of thing a twenty something might wear when I'm flitting around the house :D

SarahOttawa
09-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Thank God my wife works in a ladies shop and buys all the new trendy clothes!!

I couldn't image trying to dress my age or older...

The funkier the better!!

Hug,
Sarah

Taffy
09-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Absolutely, but then I am still 10 on the inside and dress appropriate who I actually am, not what I appear on the outside...

Taffy

Lorna
09-16-2006, 03:12 PM
For me, my very occasional dressing pleasure comes from trying to feel and /or look like a woman/girl. It might be someone I've seen recently or a memory from long ago. Trouble is, to get anything like a woman shape I need to wear quite strong foundations - high-waist girdle and long-line bra. (If I possessed a waist cincher I might try that as well!). Thus shaped, I can wear a fitted dress and look reasonable. Of course, I feel like a 1950s woman might have felt with all that elastic underneath the dress. On the other hand, I like to experience what it might be like to be a modern thirty-something in a shorter, tighter skirt with just a bra, panties and tights. I get that feel well enough, but it's best not to look in the mirror because the shape's all wrong. Third example, I might take myself back to the 50s and re-create the late-teen sensation of big skirted dress with just a bra, suspender belt or roll-on and nylons beneath. The feeling seems good but I know that even a 50s teenager with a figure anything like mine (heaven forbid) would probably have been firmly girdled and long-bra'd anyway.

So, I can have the pleasure of choosing my age as well as my clothes, so why not?

lisa68
09-17-2006, 03:54 AM
I do too. My wife say my daughter puts my pony to high at times, but oh well. But then again, in the hot summers I'll have my wife french brad my hair. I even wear it every where I go in public. Hey, I don't care as long as I stay cool.