PDA

View Full Version : The invitation

Nigella
09-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Ok so we now live in a perfect world (dont we wish), the practice of cross dressing is accepted as normal.

Out of the blue you get an invite to a posh do (in your male name), you know the sort, cocktail gown and for the men black tie, it is the invite you have been waiting for, everything you need has been sat in your wardrobe, just waiting for this moment.

Ok so first of all would you go en-femme or boy mode, and if you decide yes en-femme how long would it take you to get ready?

Kieron Andrew
09-15-2006, 08:58 AM
ooohhh can you ask the boys too id love to hear their responses:devil:

Nigella
09-15-2006, 09:17 AM
ooohhh can you ask the boys too id love to ear their responses:devil:
No reason why not

Jenny Beth
09-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Hmmmmmmm, let's see! Well first of all I've never been one for posh dos and I certainly hate mingling with men who like to brag about everything from how much $ they make to how macho they are (no offence to the guys here). I don't own a suit let alone a black tie but I do have quite a few feminine things that would be suitable for such an occasion. How long would it take to get ready? Probably forever since I'd change a dozen times.....Do these shoes go with this dress? Is this skirt too short? Is this blouse too.........well.......... you get the idea......

Karren H
09-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Both....I'd go as a male. And switch to female either half way through. Or back and forth a few times during the party!! That way I wouldn't need a date since I would be my own date. Lol.

Or even better....male on one side and female on the other!! But then when dancing....who would lead???

:D

Love Karren

KarenSusan
09-15-2006, 10:18 AM
I would certainly go enfemme. I'm thinking knee length chiffon cocktail dress. It would take me weeks to choose color and the shoes to match.

Kieron Andrew
09-15-2006, 10:57 AM
tuxedo for this boy :) u will NEVER get me in a dress

Robin Leigh
09-15-2006, 12:12 PM
I feel weird in any kind of men's suit, even a business suit. I've worn formal suits to a few weddings, but I've never worn an actual tuxedo. I've certainly worn skirts & dresses much more than I'll ever wear any man's suit. :)

In your fantasy scenario, it's a perfect world, with no problems for the crossdressed, right? In that case, I'd definitely be wearing something long & slinky. I'd shave my body the day before, but I'd still probably spend all day getting ready, including a two hour soak in the bath.

Robin

Casey Morgan
09-15-2006, 12:19 PM
I'd go in boy mode. Why? The invite came in my male name. Given the scenario as you've laid it out it would appear that's what's expected in this case.

The person who invited me might not know that I crossdress. In that case arriving dressed to the posh do isn't the way to make it known. Or they might want me there in boy mode for a reason. In some situations you expect to meet the CEO when s/he's in jeans and a T-shirt, in other situations it's not appropriate for him/her to be dressed like that.

So assuming I haven't mentioned anything to the person who invited me about me possibly dressing for the do, it would be boy mode for me.

tekla west
09-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Present as the invatation was addressed. Had they wanted the other it would have been written that way. Its nice to dress, but hot sex is better on a one night deal, so tux.

Snookums
09-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Both....I'd go as a male. And switch to female either half way through. Or back and forth a few times during the party!! That way I wouldn't need a date since I would be my own date. Lol.

Or even better....male on one side and female on the other!! But then when dancing....who would lead???

:D

Love Karren

I would make a suit,the right half would be a nice gown,the left half a tux,but one would have to wear a flat on the right foot and the tux shoe on the left.that would start interesting conversations,especially the makeup.

Sweet Marie
09-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Ditto Shari Ann. They invited the man they know. Now a "come as you are" party is something else.

Marie

Some humans aren't human. Some humans aren't kind....John Prine

CaptLex
09-15-2006, 04:17 PM
tuxedo for this boy :) u will NEVER get me in a dress
Of course you know I'm with you on this too. I could never do it either. :iagree:

KateLongman27
09-15-2006, 04:36 PM
I would definitley go in a Dinner Jacket (hate Tuxedos, long tails etc yes there is a difference between the two!) may not be James Bond in a dinner jacket but I would try my best!

Joy Carter
09-15-2006, 05:50 PM
If the host asked me to come dressed then yeah a cocktail dress and heels for me.

Kate Simmons
09-15-2006, 06:15 PM
About thirty minutes, give or take.................. Will leave you guessing as to what I would look like. Ericka Kay

Breanne
09-15-2006, 09:01 PM
.....Ok so first of all would you go en-femme or boy mode, and if you decide yes.....
If you can't decide, compromise:

Nigella
09-16-2006, 09:09 AM
First of all WOW to the above picture

Although this was not a trick question, a number of girls and boys have given the only right answer, If you accept a formal invitation, it should be accepted as received

I would go as they know me, Nigella, whom I have been for the past 20 months or so, as what to wear, Well I'm still thinking about that one

Marla S
09-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Most likely I'd go en femme. Names are person identifiers in the frist instance and not sex identifieres (as long as I know that they are talking to me, I don't care much about the name). Would need probably about 1 h or 1.5 h to get styled.
(Other than that: If CDing would be accepted, they would probably name the expected dress code in more detail anyway.)

Siobhan Marie
09-16-2006, 09:31 AM
I would go as a male as the invitation was addressed to my male self. Now where did I put that tux?

:hugs: Anna x

Jenny Beth
09-16-2006, 09:47 AM
[quote=Nigella;564939]

Although this was not a trick question, a number of girls and boys have given the only right answer, If you accept a formal invitation, it should be accepted as received

I didn't think there was a right or wrong answer here since you said in this scenario that crossdressing was considered normal. If this was the case when I was invited they surely would have known about my feminine side because I would have had no reason to hide it. The way I looked at it was they invited "Me", however I dressed.

Helen in OK
09-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Breanne,

That is one hot outfit. Now where to find one, and not have to buy the two outfits to combine to get that look!:D

Helen in OK

Rachel Morley
09-16-2006, 03:12 PM
If you accept a formal invitation, it should be accepted as received....I would go as they know me, Nigella, whom I have been for the past 20 months or so
Ok, I'm confused...I thought you said there was only one correct answer and that was to go as invited, you also said it was an invite in your boy name? What if it was a reunion party and the people who invited you knew you from more than 20 months ago?

I think you're moving the goal posts here :D (said in a friendly non confrontational way, I love you really Nigella!)

pattysues
09-16-2006, 03:44 PM
If this is a normal world that didn't care, I would have to go with a long sparkly emerall green gown a matching clutch bag, heels and a great long dark wig. Oh, this would be "fun".....:happy: And would need about two or three hours, plus time for the full body wax too.

Nigella
09-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Ok, I'm confused...I thought you said there was only one correct answer and that was to go as invited, you also said it was an invite in your boy name? What if it was a reunion party and the people who invited you knew you from more than 20 months ago?

I think you're moving the goal posts here :D (said in a friendly non confrontational way, I love you really Nigella!)

Angel

Handbags at dawn, (well it is about time Dawn got it, people are always firing at Will :heehee: )

We brits are very good at being sports and moving the goal post is fun isn't it?

But I still hold the same, I am the same person I was 20 months ago, I just go by the name of Nigella and I wear a dress, but I am still me !!:love:

Breanne
09-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Breanne,

That is one hot outfit. Now where to find one, and not have to buy the two outfits to combine to get that look!:D

Helen in OK

I have no idea where to get that outfit. It's just something I threw together...

...by means of Photoshop.

KrazyKat
09-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Nigella, yes, I'd go in that great hot outfit Breanne posted. Wow!!

Can I get the long legs to go with it!!

I could only dream of carrying that off, and that I can do!!

Whew, can't get the picture out of my head!:p
Kat

Charolette time
12-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Ok so we now live in a perfect world (dont we wish), the practice of cross dressing is accepted as normal.

Out of the blue you get an invite to a posh do (in your male name), you know the sort, cocktail gown and for the men black tie, it is the invite you have been waiting for, everything you need has been sat in your wardrobe, just waiting for this moment.

Ok so first of all would you go en-femme or boy mode, and if you decide yes en-femme how long would it take you to get ready?

Just so much class, I would diffently dance with you all dressed up in a pink outfit , we would cause quite a stare, Love Charolette