PDA

View Full Version : Gone up a size, not fair!

fionasboots
09-15-2006, 02:53 PM
I am, for reasons of cost an convenience, a fairly avid fan of Asda (aka Walmart in the state) for clothes shoes etc. They, and alot of the other supermarkets over here, have some really nice stuff in for their Autumn/Winter collections so I've been looking forward to a sneaky chance to buy some clothes/shoes.

First disappointment was that the nice boots they have don't fit :( I use to be able to fit in an 8 from Asda (that's as high as they go) and I have some comfy shoes/boots of that size.

Second shock was that a few tops and a dress that I tried in size 16 (I'm usually 16 top and 14 bottom) were way to tight, not just a squeeze but just impossible. This meant several, rather hasty trips backwards and forwards between the changing rooms!

Anyway ... still bought some nice things :heehee:

Snookums
09-15-2006, 04:01 PM
thats age catching up with you,I have to have dresses made by Acme blimp company

Jenna1561
09-15-2006, 06:11 PM
The Acme Blimp Company actually has a very nice line of NSLBD's (NOT SO Little Black Dresses) - I know I have 2. hehe

But yes, age has way of enlarging our life experiences in so many ways we don't evn realize.

Jenna

Nigella
09-16-2006, 09:14 AM
It could also be the cut of the clothes, you can go to 3 or 4 different shops and find that a size16 in one store can be an 18 in another. There is no standard when it comes to sizing womens clothing.

That is my excuse anyway, TBH though, :o middle age spread :thumbsdn:

Sandra
09-16-2006, 09:48 AM
It could also be the cut of the clothes, you can go to 3 or 4 different shops and find that a size16 in one store can be an 18 in another. There is no standard when it comes to sizing womens clothing.

That is my excuse anyway, TBH though, :o middle age spread :thumbsdn:

Not even going to go there :devil:

eleyna
09-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Might want to give this cincher (http://www.lovefifi.com/p-515-latex-power-cincher-plus.aspx) a try -- a 1X should fit you. Don't mind if its not "tight", the material tends to cause you to sweat which helps a huge amount in burning off a bit of extra weight. I went from a 16 to nearly a 12 in 3 months.

Francine
09-16-2006, 07:37 PM
I think I may have gone down a size..
I went shopping the other day..and came across a skirt I thought I just had to have.. but it was one of those days..where you're trying to decide to buy this one.. or that one...

Well, in my confusion.. putting the skirts back on the rack.. and taking them back off.. I finally bought one.. but it was a size 8...
I ususally wear a 14...but when I got home..and tried it on...

I got it zipped up.. yes..snug.. but got it done...

I was a little more than :shocked: to find out I had just gotten my self into a size 8.

I took it back and got a 14.. but is it .. too big?

Francine

Deborah_UK
09-17-2006, 02:00 AM
I've found the same with some of Matalan's stuff as well - but fortunately where I live there is a Next Sale store next door to Matalan and I find that Next stuff can be generously sized - and in their sale stores they are cheaper than Asda/Tesco - but obviously its the old season stuff they're selling - but picked up two lovely skirts for £2 each!