PDA

View Full Version : Another shopping excursion!

angelfire
09-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Alright, so I went to value village again today (A different one), to look for pants for a party I am going to. Anyway, since this particular one was far enough away from my area (1/2 way across the city), I figured I would be safe.

Anyway, I walk in and check out the halloween costumes. I see a maid's outfit for 1.99$, but its all frayed and the elastic is stretched way out, so it is not quality by any means. I decided against buying it.

Anyway, I was looking for the pants. I found a pair of men's pants that will do, but also found 2 pairs of women's pants. I tried on the first pair, and they were WAY too loose (Like you could fit 2 of me into them. They didn't look THAT big). The second were way too tight, I couldn't even get my leg 1/2 way in. While I was waiting for the changing room, the woman infront of me let me go before her, since she clearly had more stuff than me.

I am sure I got stares while browsing skirts and tops and bras and such, but I basically just ignored everyone else. I ended up buying A short jean skirt which fits GREAT, I love it. I also got orange sleep/excercise pants, which are comfy, but a little tight, but its okay because they stretch. I got a black cami, which is difficult to get on because I am so tall, but I can still get it on. And finally, I got a pink baby-doll, which is also a little tight, but not too bad.

And just my luck, when I went to get in line, a huge line formed. Then when I was pulling the clothes out of the shopping basket, the hangers got hooked on it, making it prolonged. Anyway, no one said anything negative, but I am pretty sure I got some looks. I don't care, because I didn't pay attention to anyone else, and I will likely never see any of them again.

Anything, this little shopping excursion went pretty well. Its hard to find the styles of skirts I like in an 18, or the tops I would want in a L or XL. Oh well, I am satisfied for now. Spent about a total of 1 hour browsing through the store, about 90% of the time was in women's wear.

Adrienne Heels
09-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Excellent post! Keep on shopping, hon!

Trisha51
09-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Congrats - keep up the retail therapy.
Some great stuff at Value Village - I've been to several locations around Toronto.
Just got two great looking crocheted shawls today for $6, (while in drab mode)
I'm getting less and less concerned with the other shoppers, as time goes by.
The gals here are right, it does get easier the more you get out.

angelfire
09-15-2006, 10:13 PM
I was fine until I got to the cash, then I started to get nervous. But I made it out alive. What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger.

Barb Valentine
09-15-2006, 11:03 PM
See I told you you'd find something there Jessica
And it gets easier the more you go

angelfire
09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Well I went shopping again today. Bought a long black skirt that feels almost like velvet, and a lavender top. I also bought 2 packs of knee-highs from the pharmacy (I thought they were stockings, misread), and some Veet. I plan on using the veet in about a week, but not on my whole body, likely just me chest and back for now.

At the salvation army (Which is small in my area) all the clothing sizes were all over the place, and most weren't labelled, so finding anything in my size was a challenge. Anyway, the cashier basically watched me 90% of the time, and when I went up the to cash, she commented that "It's a nice skirt, I like it." and then told me I had 7 days to exchange it if I didn't like it. I was going to say it would be great for halloween, but figured why bother lying, as I would only be lying to myself.

I am dirt cheap when it comes to buying femme stuff. If I can buy thrift or even bargain stores I will, cause I'm a poor student with low income :(
I went to a dollar store and was going to buy some stockings, but I felt uncomfortable. One of the male employees was giving me dirty looks every time he walked by, so I decided I would just leave and bought them elsewhere. The girl at the pharmacy was very happy and gave lots of smiles. Very nice. Overall a good outing again.