PDA

View Full Version : Got my eyebrows done

Jazzlynn
09-16-2006, 05:28 AM
Well after wanting for a relly long time I went to get my eyebrows waxed atthe salon.I went in there scared about to bolt out of the place but I stayed and the lady who waxed them was cool.I think she took a little too much off but now they look so girly just hopes the parents and coworks won't notice.I will post some pics when I get the chance.

Phyliss
09-16-2006, 05:40 AM
Eyebrow waxing is a good thing. Over the past year, I've had a bit more taken off each time I get a haircut. What with my weight loss and getting a haircut about every 6 or 7 weeks, there hasn't been a single question raised. Believe me if there were any questions to be asked my S.O. would surely ASK them.
This past week I had them thinned and narrowed with a bit of an arch put into them. My stylist has no problem with doing it, in fact she mentioned to me that she also does her husbands eyebrows also.
Quite a few men have their eyebrows waxed. Don't see any problem with this.

RachelDenise
09-16-2006, 06:25 AM
I love the waxed eyebrows. Once shaped, you can maintain them mostly by yourself using tweezers with an occasional touch up.

Annette49
09-16-2006, 06:52 AM
I get my eyebrows waxed often. No one ever seemed to notice until the last time I had it done. My Beautician really took a lot off this time. I loved it but got several comments.

Annette

Siobhan Marie
09-16-2006, 07:08 AM
I haven't got round to having my eyebrows waxed and shaped as I'm still in the closet to my family but I do trim them with clippers, what I do is after I've been over to see my parents, I really trim them hard to where I want them to be and leave them til after I've been over to see Mum and Dad, I will get them done, just don't know when.

:hugs: Anna x

Clare
09-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Well after wanting for a relly long time I went to get my eyebrows waxed atthe salon.I went in there scared about to bolt out of the place but I stayed and the lady who waxed them was cool.I think she took a little too much off but now they look so girly just hopes the parents and coworks won't notice.I will post some pics when I get the chance.This is what I want to do in the near future. I have bushy eyebrows, but I don't want to go from thick to thin/arched in one session! It'll get noticed by people who will ask questions.:eek:

For me it will be a graduall process, but my eyebrows will be femme shaped eventually.

carolinecd2006
09-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Hi all,

Had my eyebrows waxed about a fortnight ago in local beauty salon together with full make up applied. I was of course fully dressed en femme at the time and the girl taking care of me complimented me on my eyelashes and legs. Had seamed vintage nylons on which were being worn on top of pantyhose.

Loved the experience and must do it again soon.

caroline

DanaJ
09-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Here is what I do - first, I look around the web and find pix of models/actresses/whatever with brows I admire. Then, I take the pix in to a salon, and get their opinions on what would suit my face shape and actual brows I have.

Then, I ask to get to that point gradually, over several appointments and weeks/months. The advantage to that is you let people get used to the bit-by-bit change, and at any point that you feel uncomfortable with the change, you can stop at that point.

My problem was that I told my makeup artist/waxer to not let me chicken out LOL! So, when I told her I didn't want to do too much this last time, she just went ahead anyway :D Of course, the big change comes the next time, that is when they get thinner and she says the femme shape will really appear - yikes!

Siobhan Marie
09-16-2006, 09:12 AM
This is what I want to do in the near future. I have bushy eyebrows, but I don't want to go from thick to thin/arched in one session! It'll get noticed by people who will ask questions.:eek:

For me it will be a graduall process, but my eyebrows will be femme shaped eventually.

That's exactly what I'm doing Clare, my parents have noticed, and mentioned it!! I told a lie to cover it up, mind you parents do notice these things! At work, my colleagues haven't said anything and like you I will get mine femme shaped one day.

:hugs: Anna x

JoAnnDallas
09-18-2006, 09:54 AM
This last time to the nail salon, I told my wife I was going to get my eyebrows waxed. She asked why and I said they are getting wild. When I got home, see asked to see them, so I sat on the bed so she could get a good look. She was impressed, but said that they were still shaggy. I asked her if she would trim them. So she got out my old mustash trimmer and started trimming them. They really look good now.

Sexy_kavya26
09-18-2006, 10:02 AM
i m not so brave to do this . still closet

pinkshelly
09-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Love having my brows done. Lucky for me I wear glasses in drab and there really light so I can get away with more. I to have started to put an arch to them. Just love the antisipation of the ripping of the tape. LOL.
Huggs, Shelly.

gianna25
10-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Wish i could do my brows. Thats such the key to the look. I tplucked a little but still to boyish. I have to try some of the cover concepts that are on the forum and maybe draw some on.

MJ
10-24-2006, 08:24 PM
hi girls I get mine done regularly about every 3 weeks they look real good and i did not get notice at work. oh and Clare Halloween is just around the corner you could say you are going to a party en fem so you got your eye brows done that would work and after a few weeks people will forget and you can keep them up Halloween is a real good excuse for a lot of things

JeanneF
10-25-2006, 01:03 AM
I get mine done regularly as well. I've been doing it for years, mainly because I have a natural unibrow, but the last few months I've had them done much more feminine. I was upfront with the waxer...I told her that I wanted a feminine look (showed her a pic from a magazine), but wanted them to still look appropriate in boy mode. She did a perfect job...a little bit of brow pencil and they look ultra-femme, but no-one has made a comment to me about them whem I'm a boy.

Daintre
10-25-2006, 02:48 AM
MJ I am with you, I have my brows waxed every 3 weeks... I also have my eye lashes tinted black as well as my brows. :p

Darlene Rochelle
10-25-2006, 03:19 AM
I have been getting my eyebrows waxed regularly for almost two yrs,when I get a haircut,every 3-4 weeks. I don't think anyone has noticed as I had them thinned and arched a little bit at a time. They look really good.