PDA

View Full Version : shaping eyebrows

stacey4fun
09-16-2006, 06:06 AM
Hi Ladies
should I shape my eyebrows and what shape should I make them ? I have thick eyebrows but I would like to make them thinner but I am not game because I dont cd 24/7 only about 12/7 . And what do you do about thick arm hair ? I am looking for a unisex look ( suits male or female ) Need help Ladies .
Stacey

DanaJ
09-16-2006, 06:13 AM
I suggest you go into a salon and get your brows done professionally, at least for the first time. That way, all you would have to do is maintain the shape. If you are concerned about the tech knowing you are a CD, lots of men get their brows waxed these days. Of course, I would just tell her you are a part time CDer and want a more femme shape.....

You could also just do the little by little method, and over several weeks you can get them into a good femme shape. As far as exactly what you should do, that depends on a lot of factors - how thin do you want to go, how much shape, how your brow hairs grow in and at what angle, your facial shape - all things a professional can tell you. :)

RachelDenise
09-16-2006, 06:16 AM
Dana has the answer. Go slow and only you can decide how severe you want the brow to be shaped and thinned.

Kate Simmons
09-16-2006, 07:20 AM
What you do is define the arch and line with a pencil on your thick brows. You can tone down the other parts with powder if you don't want to pluck or shave them. This is how I started. My arch is not always the same and I have enough plucked to experiment with the looks. Anyway, if you don't have the confidence or are not sure, Dana had some good advice. :happy: Ericka Kay

Deenise60
09-16-2006, 07:38 AM
I have the same problem as you. What to do with thick eyebrows and are hair. Also like you I dress maybe once or twice a week, would like to go out femme, but haven't for several years. In fact this weekend, I plan on doing the Nair- Neet thing removing all my body hair, but still don't know what to do about the arms. Funny, what we think how people will react to anything we do, yet women constantly change hair color, style, and other things.
I do see some men without any arm hair too. Don't really know what that means its just an observation.

stacey4fun
09-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Hi ladies

Thank you for the great advice , I would love to go to a salon but I live in a small town where everyone know each other but I can go to one of the major towns . The only men I know that remove there armhair are bodybuilders ,
and Iam no bodybuilder . but one day I will get cheesed off with it and just remove the hair . (I suck at spelling) . Iam not game to try the little by little in case I stuff up and how will I explain that at work . I would rather get a salon to do it . So thank you ladies so much for your assistice .
Stacey:thumbsup:

Kate Simmons
09-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Hi ladies

Thank you for the great advice , I would love to go to a salon but I live in a small town where everyone know each other but I can go to one of the major towns . The only men I know that remove there armhair are bodybuilders ,
and Iam no bodybuilder . but one day I will get cheesed off with it and just remove the hair . (I suck at spelling) . Iam not game to try the little by little in case I stuff up and how will I explain that at work . I would rather get a salon to do it . So thank you ladies so much for your assistice .
Stacey:thumbsup:Stacey, You look nice BTW.:happy: Ericka Kay

Karren H
09-16-2006, 09:45 AM
I did mine and took a month to pare them down that way no one would notice a drastic change.. And since I choose to live in both worlds I keep them thin yet the remaining individual hairs are a little longish so that I can muss them up for male mode.. I do trim the length just before I plan to go out enfemme and pluck daily. Plus use some clear mascara to hold them inplace while dressed..

And if you read any beauty guide on eye brows...only pluck from the bottom..and figure out where you want to stop and start...etc...

Its been 3 years since I femmed them up and no one has said a thing..not even my wife! So have a go at it!! If you mess up they will grow back!!

Love Karren

Robin Leigh
09-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Hi Stacey,

Don't worry too much about your eyebrows, apparently big Brooke Shields style eyebrows are back this season. :) The fringes of my wigs mostly hide my eyebrows, but I try to make them less obvious, using foundation to reduce the apparent bulk. When the foundation has set, I comb the brows with an old mascara brush. I rarely use an eyebrow pencil - the few times I tried it, I made things look worse not better, :( although GGs making me up have had some success.

My favourite trick to make my eyebrows look more feminine involves using tape to lift the eyebrow into an arch, as discussed in this recent thread on Wig Caps (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39893).

If you do actually want to reduce your eyebrows and not be noticed, then you have to do it slowly & gradually. It's much less noticeable to people you see regularly if you tweeze a couple of hairs each day than if you get it done by a professional every two weeks.

I understand you not wanting to venture out en femme in your home town. I love the countryside, but couldn't live outside the city for that very reason. Do you think you'd feel safe enough going outside dressed in a bigger town like Wagga, or would you prefer to step out in the big city?

Robin

Genifer Teal
09-16-2006, 10:26 AM
We all have to set our own limits of how girly we can look as a boy. I was once exactly where you are now. Afraid to make my brows too femenine. The best advice I can give, based on my experience, just do it. It will be a big change at first - so do it gradually. You will get used to the new shape quickly. It has become another one of those things that I wish I had done sooner.

Be carefull not to go too far. I picked a middle of the road solution. I did get rid of just about half the width of what I had. I find that hard to believe since I have gotten so used to my new look. I can see it when they start to grow back in. I can't image them being twice as wide now.

A word of caution about plucking eyebrows. I have heard (but not proven) that hair grows back in the direction it is plucked. Don't pull straight out or the hairs might grow back this way. Also, sometimes the hair does not grow back AT ALL. Be carefull and pluck only a little at a time. I've only had some hairs not grow back in one small area. You may want to get a professional waxing. It is not easy to keep it all straight and even. A professional can do a much better job.

Finally, my eyebrow hairs grow back very quickly. This requires CONSTANT attention. I could pluck 5 hairs each day if I was that diligent. I try to pluck 2x's a week. If I skip my mid week pluck, by the end of the week, they look like a garden that hasn't been weeded in a month. Not very girly to say the least.

To sum up, be careful, do it right, don't do too much, and don't worry about it. Take the plunge. The results are amazing. Eyebrows frame the face and can pull a whole look together (or ruin it).

Hugs - Genifer

Glenda58
09-16-2006, 06:21 PM
Had a unibrow did little by little and no one notice. I now tweeze every other day do need to get it done by a pro.
I trim my arms with a beard trimer on the lowest sitting left some hair but most GGs have some fine hair on thier arms. But the hair was dark so I found something called EMJOI OPTIPRO it removes hair like a power tweezer when it grows back it comes in lighter. But it does hurt a little: :cry: I also did my chest. But it looks great because there is some fine hair on my arms.