PDA

View Full Version : Victorias Secret's Verus Wifes Views

dancer1
09-16-2006, 07:46 AM
It came to my attention this morning that my wifes views on VS clothing and design were not todays fashion, well considering that 90% of Nadeens wardrobe is from VS i beged to differ.

So i realize as a CD and others like me some time finaces are'nt there, and i have seeen many outfits that look just stunning that were inexspenive.
My own preferance is VS, but if there are any here in this forum that perfer VS designs more than another line please state your opinion.
I realize that 88.00 for a pair of jeans is a lot but i feel and look great in them.
So the point of this thread is, am i the only one that loves VS designs.

Joy Carter
09-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Go with what you like and look good in it's your life and your choice. :2c:

Clare
09-16-2006, 07:59 AM
Here in Oz, we don't have Victoria's Secrets, but several stores that are very similar.

I tend to shop in a large variety of specialty and department stores and I buy what I think is good quality if I like the design. I do have some preferences on certain items which can only be purchased in particular stores, but in general I don't lock myself into a single brand/store just for the sake of it. Having said that, I've just got hooked on JAG clothing and accessories lately tho. :D

MichelleA
09-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Needless to say I love to shop , and I happen to think that VS is a wonderful store. Most of my panties are from VS, I love their designs and I love their products . It is definitely one of my favorite stores, if not the favorite....I could shop there all day......

Michelle:hugs:

Lindsay Marie
09-16-2006, 08:03 AM
I love their line, but the only problem is pretty much everything they have isn't my size :(. I do have to say though I'd feel a little foolish buying an $88 pair of jeans. Don't get me wrong if you have that kind of disposable income and it makes you happy then do it. I could but again I choose not to, but as the point of the thread was yes I do love VS. Just can't wear any of it is all.

Christina Nicole
09-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Their clothing is not what most women would consider wearing, so your wife is probably right. Get use to it.

As for myself, I have nothing from VS. Their goods that are inexpensive are cheaply made and of poor quality. Everything else seems to be of middling quality and grossly overpriced unless there is a sale. Sale items are priced as decent values.

Warm regards,

Christina Nicole.

Phyliss
09-16-2006, 08:43 AM
After I got over some of my initial fear of "buying panties in person" I made the idea of buying some at V.S. a "holy grail" for myself. Everytime I'd go by the store and glance in I'd see the young and pretty S.A.s and had the most difficult time bringing myself to approach one of them. Over time I conquered this fear and made a few purchases there but found that I really wasn't that pleased with the product. At the time I was much larger than I am now and as a result their bras wouldn't fit me, in the band size. Now that they do, I don't care for "padded, or formed cups" anyhow.
I much perfer buying my intimate clothing at a lingerie shop that is independantly owned. Seems to me to be better service.

$88.00 for jeans? Ahhh, "I don't think so...." $24.50 on sale at Fashion Bug.

kathy gg
09-16-2006, 08:47 AM
When I was in my 20's VS clothing was a favorite of mine. Plus I usually bought enough that they waived the shiping fee. Back then {being about 7 yrs ago} I found the quality very good and the color to last for ages. I will agree that as far as the undies go, the quality has gone down alot. BUT...as far as their clothing, well paying for customs and shipping is not worth it to me, so basically I no longer shop from their catalog anymore.

I have to say that they have always had very trendy styles and I think even if I still lived in the states approaching.....and well approaching age 35 ....I find alot of their stuff a bit too young to be wearing these days. Maybe a few basics, but alot of the tops are a bit too much now....

Lawren
09-16-2006, 08:48 AM
They do have a lot of real nice things but the prices are out of my league. I tend to a 'plain jane" anyway. VS clothes are wonderful to look at on a model with a perfect body but, alas, I do not have that.