PDA

View Full Version : I Got My Hormones :)

Nyx
09-16-2006, 12:53 PM
I saw my doctor today and finally got a hormone prescription. It's a very low dosage for now, but its started. He wanted me to start with just anti-androgens. I asked to start with estrogen instead, and to have estradiol, and he agreed. So now I have 0.5mg estrace daily. In two weeks I will be raising this to 1mg daily, and in a month, I will be seeing the doctor again. I took my first pill today, and I'm already feeling somewhat better.

However, some of my "fears" came back. At this crucial moment, I still find myself wondering if this really is the right decision, if I should get sperm frozen in case I find myself with a lesbian partner later on and we want to have kids, etc. Life choices are never easy or simple.

CaptLex
09-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Congratulations, Nyx! :thumbsup: Hope all goes well with your new prescription.

As for the future . . . give yourself some time to sort it out. You'll get it.

~Dee~
09-16-2006, 01:12 PM
kewl @ the the getting of the hormones ....
even kewler @ the feeling better ..

every new avenue will lead do those sorts of questions ..
but ill second that "You'll get it" vote.

Clare
09-17-2006, 01:00 AM
...if I should get sperm frozen in case I find myself with a lesbian partner later on and we want to have kids, etc. Life choices are never easy or simple.Yes definately - the sooner the better! Nyx, it is better to have some sperm stored for future use if necessary - if you never have a need for the sperm, there is no harm done regardless.

The longer you delay obtaining sperm whilst on female hormones, the more likely the sperm will be ineffective!

JenniferMint
09-17-2006, 01:11 AM
if you never have a need for the sperm, there is no harm done regardless.

Except to your bank account. I don't know how much money it costs exactly though.

Jenna1561
09-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Life is what you make of it and changes like these really inspire self-examination. Take a deep look into yourself and ask the tough questions again. Only you can know what's right for you.

Freezing sperm is an option you need to explore sooner rather than later. If you freeze some and never need it, no harm done. OTOH if you don't and some day want some there is no recourse.

Jenna

Danielle
09-17-2006, 02:17 AM
We are all here to give our support to friends who we know and some who we dont..my support is "YEAH BABY!"be safe and follow docs directions..be safe girl!