PDA

View Full Version : View on hairlessness

angelfire
09-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Okay, now I realize there are about a million threads about this, however, I figured I would post the views of other people who I encounter, in here. That way we can get a sort of "View from he outside world" type of thing going on. Now for the record, I don't shave or use hair removal, but likely will in the near-ish future.

Anyway, today I work I was talking to the girl who works in the jewelry department, and the conversation went like this;

Her: "It was freaky. there was this guy who came in to get a watch, and it was obvious he waxed his arms...but did a really bad job. There were patches of hair all over the place. He was big though, so he coulda been a body builder"
Me: "So....waxing is bad? Alot of WOMEN should do it more often, as some of them have arms just as hairy as mine. And consider all the Metrosexual who wax their whole body."
Her: "Well, thats different."
Me: "How so?"
Her: "Well, at least they do a good job. This guy probably did them himself, as it was pretty obviously poorly done"
Me: "So you have no problems with people waxing, as long as they do a good job."
Her: "Exactly"

So there we have it. As long as you do a good job, its okay. I have asked a few GG friends if they prefer a guy with or without hair, and the 2 ones I asked said they typically preferred guys hairless, or at least not very hairy, so trimmed at the very least. Although I have discussed online with people on another forum, and the GGs there seem to think that having sex with a shaved guy is like having sex with a young boy. I then asked 2 other GG acquaintances, and it was split. One liked body hair, the other hated it.

The general concencus seems to be that few people REALLY care, but preferances are split.

Snookums
09-16-2006, 06:58 PM
I like the patchy hair look:p

Phyliss
09-16-2006, 08:09 PM
This reminds me of a conversation I had with my hair stylist Tuesday, (hair stylist, that's being pretentious, with only a half a head of hair and the other half skin I get a discount) anyway we were talking about the results of my eyebrow wax job she had just done and I mentioned that I also get the rest of me waxed. She commented that more men should be hairless, and that her husband is shaved also. "It's much nicer that way." is an exact quote. Since the subject had been opened I asked her if she were hair free, (a bit bold I know, but the subject was out there) I think I surprised her with the directness of the question, because she answered that yes she was hair free, "all over" then she realized what she had said and seemed to be a bit embarrassed at being so open. I commented that was nice and dropped the subject.
But to add to your comment, here is another person who thinks that men should be "hair free"

shawnaraylynn
09-16-2006, 09:11 PM
I have shaving for 15 yrs < Fokr thos with a long memory that was bfore metrosexual. The thing I dont like a bout hair on my body is the neanerthal felling. clean fells confident and intelligent anti apish if you will. the farther we can get from the supoosede ancestors(i am not an ape!!!!!)the better..:Angry3:

shawnaraylynn
09-16-2006, 09:12 PM
WE have got to get spell check:D

Kiwi Primrose
09-16-2006, 09:22 PM
You will never regret shaving once you try it Angel. Then you will know what the sales assistant was talking about. A "half-done" job is far more noticeable than a proper one so you will soon learn to do it properly or you won't be satisfied with it yourself.
Also remember that few people will notice, and the ones that do will not say anything.
You will find the whole experience to be quite stimulating as well and worth any looks you may get.
Love from New Zealand
Primrose

DAVIDA
09-16-2006, 09:23 PM
I don't shave anywhere but my face and head. I guess that makes me a neanderthal because there is hair everywhere else!

jessica cd
09-16-2006, 11:17 PM
My wife doesn't like when I shave because of the razor stubble. But I do think my legs look great when they are shaved. Its quite a bit of work to knock all that hair down though. takes a couple of sessions of shaving to get em looking nice.

Eileen
09-16-2006, 11:33 PM
I vote for a shaved or waxed body. Having no body hair looks and feels so nice! It is a lot of work, but well worth the effort!

Eileen

Siobhan Marie
09-17-2006, 01:25 AM
I shave my face, the front of my body, underarms, arms, legs and groin area. Although I need to get my back and shoulders waxed at some stage. I won't go back to having bodyhair, I hate it, its unsightly and not ladylike at all.

:hugs: Anna x

LadyLiz GG
09-17-2006, 03:03 AM
I don't have a whole lot of hair but shave the places I do. My boyfriend, a cg, keeps the hair off his legs...the other parts of his body have very little hair....I like it without all the hair.

insearchofme
09-17-2006, 09:30 AM
I've been shaved as far as my upper body for over a year. I like it and so does my wife, she doesn't know about my dressing. I am very hairy and now there's not all that hair in the shower and bathroom after I'm finished.

A while ago she said she was surprised that i didn't shave my underarms. I said maybe sometime. I didn't want to appear too eager. Yesterday I asked her to trim my underams that I was going to shave them. WOW, what a feeling I just love it! She said it looks a bit strange but,".. just think how much less anti-persperant you used since it won't be getting clogged up with all that hair. She's always the practical one.

angelfire
09-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Well, in the way of CDs, I think the majority prefer to be hairless. I am curious how the GGs on this board feel about it though. Do they prefer their men (even if not a CD) to be hairless, or have hair?

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-17-2006, 01:54 PM
I am completely hairless. I shave every day. It takes a bit of time but it is worth it.

Sasha Anne

Rachel Morley
09-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I used to go to a beauty salon and get professional body waxings done (I shave nowadays) and I have to tell you that the women that staffed the place were very blase about guys coming in for waxings. It was a very normal thing that happend.

They told me that they tended to get older guys getting their backs and shoulders done whilest the younger ones tended to get their chests and abs done. Having said that, they did also tell me I was there only client who had his chest, abdomen, underarms and legs done! :heehee:

The only time anyone has noticed was when I was wearing some short length women's shorts and a couple of GG friends asked me if I shaved my legs. I went a bit red and said "yes, I do. I just prefer myself like this" (I didn't have a SO at the time) . They just kind of looked at me as to say, "oh...that's different" and we never spoke about it again.

ChristineRenee
09-17-2006, 04:43 PM
I vote for a shaved or waxed body. Having no body hair looks and feels so nice! It is a lot of work, but well worth the effort!

EileenI'm with you Eileen...I've done this for years now.;)

ElleCD
09-17-2006, 05:46 PM
I shave my legs, arms, underarms and chest. I started this within the last few months. Initially my legs then the rest, so I moved quite quickly from hairy to hairless. I have had a largely positive reaction from my wife and no-one else has mentioned anything so they have either not noticed or are not moved to comment. It has been the summer and I have not avoided shorts or t-shirts. Regardess of the obvious advantages for dressing, I like the hairless look and feel. It takes a bit of maintenance but I have no intention of going back.

carol ann
09-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I am one of those who has no body hair except in the nether regions - very convenient for my other personna -but never had any adverse comment or surprise from females when in swimming trunks. I have never felt it was a problem and just feel fortunate that i don't have hair.

jennifer easton
09-17-2006, 07:11 PM
now that sumer is all most over, its that time agin. Last year was the first time for me to do the shave thing geees was it nice, my GF has knowen for about 10 mo. now, she helped me out by doing my back(I love this woman) any way can't, but wait I must,I have a doc app. to contend with tues. but after that look out! yea yea I know so what, well its a cardeologest and I don't know! just feel better if I don't first, that brings me to my point! after I shave,I feel,well I feel naked!! I know I am, but with all this hair I have, going shirtless is'nt the same as being hairless and shirtless,must be the female in me!
You see for a male I have fairly big peixs, ok I have boobs, have had since high school, was a sorce of embaresment then but now a welcome benifit! but when I shave my chest I become selfconscious of just how naked you are! dose any one else feel this?xoxoxoJennifer

jennifer easton
09-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Oh man I think I should have started a different thread
Jennifer

GINA-CD
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
oh, just today I was evaluating what can i do about all this body hair... to be honest, even when it's not dense, it is indeed all over the place... chest, stomach, legs, arms, feet... so I was thinking... if I take this step, I would go all the way... everything goes away.... but how to start? legs for sure, that would be the first part, then... chest and stomach. Arms, underarms and back at the end... and I'll take that step when I'm sure how she'll react... not before.

Joy Carter
09-17-2006, 07:38 PM
One plus about shaving the arm pitts is that hair retains the body oder, so if you shave you don't smell of body oder. :2c:

Jennaie
09-17-2006, 07:50 PM
I honestly don't think hair is the issue when it comes to whether or not women find it attractive or not. Yes, on the onset it may be important, but once a person cares for you, is attracted to your personality, does it matter? I don't think so.

If a woman tells you that men are supposed to be hairy, just reply, so are women, quit shaving for a month and see for yourself!

Sage GG
09-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Well, in the way of CDs, I think the majority prefer to be hairless. I am curious how the GGs on this board feel about it though. Do they prefer their men (even if not a CD) to be hairless, or have hair?

Rena shaves legs and arms( fore and under) never had any chest or back hair and I very:o much prefer it that way. We told the daughter that asked that it was to simplify checking for ticks.:D

angelfire
09-17-2006, 09:26 PM
I found it kinda interesting. I went to a hot-tub party 2 weeks ago. So anyway, 4 guys and 3 girls get into the hot tub, and 3/4 the 4 guys have chest hair. 1 does not (I am not the one). As I get in he comments that I look like king kong with such a hairy chest. Then one of the other guys comment that he is the only one with a bare chest. He says he waxes it, cause the hair is gross. We teased him for 2 minutes and that was the end of it. But he teased me first, so I was justified :tongueout

But regardless, I am still good friends with him, and considering how he is more often topless than not, he is not embarassed about waxing. Now, his legs and arms are still hairy, but his upper body is waxed.

Quite honestly, I am considering using Veet. It just sounds to quick & easy in comparison to waxing or shaving all the time. I don't care what my friends would think, cause they likely would say nothing. However, my mom on the other hand probably would. She gave me wierd enough looks when I bought an electric razor to shave my back, because I know alot of GGs who hate back hair on a guy, so I decided to go for it. And she thought I was wierd.

I don't even want to think about what she would say if I removed it all.

samantha#1
09-17-2006, 10:16 PM
still only a small private patch of fluff left, my wife much prefers me clean shaven, it does mean constant upkepp though and that is very time consuming. Do not wax, I have the quick touch up shave down to a fine art.
Hugs to all
Samantha

Sarahbeth
09-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Just spent about an hour removing all body hair except 1 little patch and I feel wounderful. After words i applied a moisturizing cream witch added to the feeling.Now i know some what i have been missing. Hopefully will continue.

Love SB:love:

Ashlee
09-18-2006, 07:38 AM
i just bought a product i read about in a magazine called the "bodygroomer" it's a full body electric (wet and dry) rechargeable razor that is to be used everywhere except the face. I'm hairy and in about 10 minutes time (or less) i had my chest and part of my underarms done and it glided through the "sensitive area" with ease!! check the website for it. it's funny. you can buy this at walmart i'm sure, i got mine at target. i'm sure everywhere it can be found (like walgreens etc) i should be done shaving today hopefuly. i want to see how i look in my free wedding gown without the chest hair poking through.

shaveeverywhere.com

Janailene
09-18-2006, 08:57 AM
I have boobs, have had since high school, was a sorce of embaresment then but now a welcome benifit! but when I shave my chest I become selfconscious of just how naked you are! dose any one else feel this?xoxoxoJennifer[/QUOTE]

jennifer,

I have using Epi-Lady for years on my legs. Recently had a heart problem requiring surgery and shaving of my chest. Since that I have used the Epi on my chest - and yes I also have lvery arge pecs. The heart surgeon told me that with breasts like mine the device they installed would hadly be noticed.

Well she was right.

janedoe311
09-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I have been accused of shaving my legs when I do not because there is not much on and it is blond. Same with the arms my wife has more noticable hair on her arms than me.

I do not think it make a difference, unless it was a bad job.

Most people will not notice.

angelfire
09-19-2006, 06:09 PM
i just bought a product i read about in a magazine called the "bodygroomer" it's a full body electric (wet and dry) rechargeable razor that is to be used everywhere except the face. I'm hairy and in about 10 minutes time (or less) i had my chest and part of my underarms done and it glided through the "sensitive area" with ease!! check the website for it. it's funny. you can buy this at walmart i'm sure, i got mine at target. i'm sure everywhere it can be found (like walgreens etc) i should be done shaving today hopefuly. i want to see how i look in my free wedding gown without the chest hair poking through.

shaveeverywhere.com

I saw the site a few months ago and loved it. Its hilarious, and I have considered getting one, but more recently just bought a regular electric shaver which I dislike. I wish I had gotten a bodygroom instead. But for now I just bought some Veet, so I figure I'll just try that out first.

angelfire
09-19-2006, 09:09 PM
I have alot of skin tags on my under arms (like 3-4 on each arm) so I am afraid of cutting them off. Shaving is out until I can get them removed properly.

Jennaie
09-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Shaving is not always easy. Sometimes it is difficult to get it all. You have to make sure you get it all by rubbing your hand across your skin after each stroke.
If your nice and smooth, you will know it. If your splachy, you will know that too. If I am going to shave, I do it right. I have never had anything said to me about it except by my x girlfriend, who said, "men are supposed to be hairy", I replied, "So are women, quit shaving for a month and find out".

rachel_in_mi
12-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Hello,

I have just started shaving my chest, abs, down low and hands and it does feel great. When the gf commented about the chest I quickly responded....you get rid of your gray your way (frequent trips to the salon) and I will get rid of mine "my way". Went over great and nothing more was said. Unfortunately I am quite gray and I actually younger and better without it :D

:2c:

good luck

rach

michelleliz
12-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Is there any way to spell check

Michelle