PDA

View Full Version : How to Avoid "Stubble" When Shaving

CDVeronica2
09-16-2006, 08:51 PM
I shaved by chest and stomache this morning (second time in my life I've done this). I've got a very hairy chest, so I Used my electric razor to get rid of most of it, and then used the same type of razor my wife uses on her legs to shave closer. I ended up with "stubble" I guess due to my chest hair being rather coarse. My wife doesn't like it because it hurts her when we snuggle chest to chest (her 36C's against my 44B's).

I'm looking for suggestions on what I'm doing wrong, or how I can get a smother end result.

Thanks
Veronica

shawnaraylynn
09-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey sug, when it cokmes to body hair go with the mach three, used it for years and great re****s. hugs and kisses

shawnaraylynn:be:

Kiwi Primrose
09-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Dear Veronica,
For fore-arms, legs and chest there is nothing like it.
It stings and may bring tears to your eyes while you are doing it but persist and your tears will be of joy.
You will be smooth but it will grow back and need to be done every few weeks. Once again persist because the regrowth gets weaker.
And keep up the moisturiser, at least daily for a few days after you do it.
Best of luck.
Love from New Zealand
Primrose

Deborah_UK
09-17-2006, 02:02 AM
Get it waxed!

LadyLiz GG
09-17-2006, 02:39 AM
I always carry a disposable razor in by handbag. I also carry some of those individual towelettes which make shaving easier and keep the rash away. I never know if I am going to get stubble in 1 hour or 12. Being prepared has saved a disaster more than once.

Jenn2716
09-17-2006, 03:12 AM
I have been using a Shick Extreme 3 for about two years now with great results. I usually have to shave every 3rd day otherwise the "stubble" gets too bad.

Ideally, I would love to get laser treatments on my chest (if that's possible).

Robin Leigh
09-17-2006, 06:49 AM
The stubble won't be quite as bad after a while. Just keep shaving regularly. Hair conditioner will help soften the stubble slightly. If you don't shave your chest regularly it will start to get itchy in a week or three.

Maybe before you snuggle up, you could do a quick touch up, dry style. It should only take a minute or two.

As mentioned above, waxing will give the smoothest result, and regular waxing will also gradually remove hair permanently. Depilatory creams & foams like Nair & Veet will also give a very smooth result, but be careful not to get any on your nipples. Ouch!

Robin

Snookums
09-18-2006, 04:17 PM
European women don't shave,so when I wear a skirt out,people think I'm from europe :lol:

Karren H
09-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Well chest hair tends to grown in a number of directions so you may need to go over it many times. And use hair cream rinse as a lub instead of shaving cream...also use a tripple blade razor.. I notice that my wifes leg razor doesn't work well on my chest....heck she says it doesn't work well on her legs. Lol. But it doesn't cut skin...

Love Karren

Ashlee
09-18-2006, 07:55 PM
i shaved my entire self today in about 20 minutes. it's a rechargeable razor and it works great. i'll fine tune with some shaving cream and razor tomorrow. what a feeling. i hated being hary, i feel/look much cleaner now. just a suggestion.

Sherrie
09-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Use a Gillette Fusion razor and a good shave gel like skintastic or satin care, or a hair conditioner. Shave in all directions to get all the stubble. My chest hair grows in all directions and if not shaven from all directions it is noticeable. Hope that helps.