PDA

View Full Version : Wig reviews needed please

claireswife-gg
09-16-2006, 10:04 PM
We're on the prowl for a new wig for Claire. We have decided on a choice of these two, but nobody around here sells them. This means we need to buy sight unseen (and untried). If anyone has a wig by either Louis Ferre or Revlon and can give any feedback on quality, should would appreciate it.

Claire is 6'4 and has an oval face, so we're thinking one of these two should be good. Thanks all!

Raven by Louis Ferre - http://www.thewigs.com/view_detail.asp?indx=243

Ingenue by Revlon - http://www.ultimatelooks.com/wigs/ingenue.htm

Carroll
09-16-2006, 10:09 PM
I wish I had the money to buy either one of those, they are beautiful!
The wig in my avatar is a Revlon that I found at the thrift store 5 years ago! So I guess you know what I think about the Revlon wig:happy:
(I LOVE IT)
Carroll

claireswife-gg
09-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I've found cheaper places to buy both, but these had pages I could link directly to! So hard to see quality in pictures though.

Well, I look at it this way, I spend at least that much a year trying to supress my wild frizzy curly locks (think rosanne rosannadanna from the old saturday night live skits hahahaha). I'm thinking of shaving my head and getting a wig myself! Sure would simplify my mornings :heehee:

RenaCD
09-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Claireswife I am by no means the expert on wigs, But I've just had very very good luck with Motown Tress Human Hair Wigs from AAAwigs.com much the same as what you are looking at. I will never place another oder with Wigs.com but some of the girls have good luck with Beauty Trends ask DanaJ

Hugs Rena

Joyce1702
09-16-2006, 10:43 PM
I have this "Brandy" by Adolfo from Beauty Trends. It fits larger heads and it only needs a shake and put it on. I've had it for many years and the price is definitely right.

http://www.beautytrends.com/cgi-bin/5C47224B/mac/additmdtl.mac/showItemDetail?item=424&qtyA=0&phsO=N&desc=Brandy&drpshp=N&alOrd=Y&iQty=.000&oQty=.000&initQty=1&itemForSale=N&styleName=View%20Available%20Colors&fixD=&face=.00&gftc=&stck=N&prefS=&calledFrom=DS&ordInfo1=&ordInfo2=&ordInfo3=&ordMan1=&ordMan2=&ordMan3=&persCode=&persReqd=&persLink=&vItm=1424

Joyce

rachel_rachel
09-17-2006, 01:36 AM
The second one i've seen on ebay quite a lot, and only sells for about $35.00, at least that is the price it starts at.
$114.000 for that one is a bit on the expensive side when you think about after that.

Vash
09-17-2006, 02:58 AM
Personally I like the first one, the "raven" What color are you thinking of?

Vash

claireswife-gg
09-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks everyone, we'll look at all of those today.

Claire really likes the light chocolate color that's shown for the raven. She has very pale skin and dark brown hair right now.

Karren H
09-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Get both, each in a different color, I would!!!

Love Karren

Joy Carter
09-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Hey C W GG just go to a wig store and try them on it's so much fun.:D

renee k
09-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi Claire,

Here's my two cents on wigs. One, try to stick close to your natural hair color. Two, get a good quality wig, Revlon and Louis Ferre are fine, The better the quality the better the wig will look and will last longer. Also look for one with a monofilament top, for a natural looking hairline and scalp. Synthetic hair is great in terms of ease of care, so stay with those types, for now.
Third, and most importantly, find a hairstylist and have it cut and styled to fit the shape of your face.

Huggs, Renee

EricaCD
09-17-2006, 09:59 AM
I wear the Ingenue in very nearly all of my photos - though not my avatar photo. So if you want to see what it looks like out of the box, just take a look at my pics (link is in my signature line below). I did not need to have it styled - I just keep it combed with a wig comb and maintained with detangler, etc.

I absolutely love it - it gives great coverage, looks natural and is tolerably comfortable. It usually takes a little adjusting to get the hairline to fall exactly where I want on my forehead because the cap is quite thin at the front. The advantage is that once it's placed, the hairline looks extremely natural.

This wig is not good for putting up in a pony tail - I use a different wig if I want to present myself with my hair up.

Good luck! PM me if you need more details.
Erica

MsJanessa
09-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Unfortunatly the best way and really the only way to tell if a wig looks good on you is to try it on----some that look good in the catalogue or the shelf look awful when on your head---others which may not seem attractive in pictures or on a dummy head look like the absolute bomb when you are wearing them. ps---if you can try it on while wearing makeup, even better.

Sky
09-18-2006, 09:45 AM
They look fabulous... on the models.

Are you going to buy a wig without trying it first?

In my experience, a dirt cheap wig can be just right for me, while an expensive one which looks killer on the picture (or the darn polystyrene head) turns into crap in my very own head.

claireswife-gg
09-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Got a new one for now :) We ordered the Raven wig from Glamourboutique.com, they had them on clearance so we got a great price. Heeded the advice and got a dark brown one. Basically, we need something new and passable to head out of town in. The town we're in has nothing but cheap wigs (really obvious that it's a wig -kind of threadbare). Once we get out of town on a day trip (next week) to a big city, hopefully we can shop around and try some new stuff on.

Thanks for all the advice!!

Satrana
09-20-2006, 03:41 AM
I have 2 Louis Ferre wigs and both are top-notch quality so you made a good choice.