PDA

View Full Version : First time out

marie
09-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi all,

I haven't been posting for a while. It's been a long time, and a lot has happened. First of all, my longtime girlfriend found out about my dressing. This has actually been a very good thing - I felt absolutely terrible about lying to her, and was very depressed, etc... We went for counselling and everything is at least on an even keel now, though it's sort of in a "Don't ask, don't tell" type stage. She knows I do it, but doesn't really want to know when, etc...

Anyways, on to my first time out. I have wanted to actually go outside and take a drive or a walk for a while, and I was thinking of going to Wildside (a crossdressers club in Toronto). I actually got up the courage to go over tonight! Unfortunately, it was the one Saturday this month that they were NOT having a party, but it was still good. I just drove over, parked, and walked over to Wildside, then back, since they weren't having a party. I live in a condo, so it's actually a lot harder than one might think to go out for a drive or a walk - I really would rather not meet any of my neighbours in the elevator or the hall. Anyways, I did it! I'm going to post a picture or two of the outfit I wore out in the picture forum.

Also, I just want to throw in a little recommend, though I know it's been said 1000 times before - MAC cosmetics is great. I went in to the MAC Pro store on Queen St in Toronto this past week, and they were so helpful and nice. I actually spent close to $300 (I bought almost one of everything, since the stuff I had was crap). They helped pick everything out, went through about 5 different combinations of concealer and powder to find the exact right ones, and were just generally wonderful!

angelfire
09-16-2006, 10:33 PM
congrats on your outing. Wish it coulda been a bit better and the club was open, but it was a big step and took alot of courage for sure.

Also, hopefully the relationship between you and your GF improves. Who knows, given time and perhaps more councilling, she may even accept it fully.

Jenn2716
09-17-2006, 03:23 AM
Hi Marie,
That was so good to hear that you took your first steps outside enfemme. I am so envious of you. I've only been to Toronto two times and went to Wildside once. The shop was nice, but it was a weekday and I didn't know about any of the parties. But I did end up buying a wig there. Now I wish I had gone there dressed up.

I checked out the pics of your outfit and I have to say that you did a great job. You look so natural and you have a great figure. Hopefully, your g/f will get more accepting and even involved at some point. My wife came to Wildside with me and it was a big relief to have her there and get her opinions on wigs and shoes.

uknowhoo
09-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Hiya Marie, it's nice to see you again, and thanx for posting. I'm so happy for you that you were able to get out 'n about for a while en femme, even if it didn't go exactly as hoped.

While things could've gone better with your g/f, they certainly could've gone worse. Arriving at a don't ask/don't tell ain't so bad. Good luck to the both of you going forward, and don't be a stranger. ;)

:hugs:

Tammi

steffie39
09-17-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm glad you had a good time. :)

Angie G
09-17-2006, 02:00 PM
I some times drive home after work @ 11 P.M. whenI'm on nights I love it :hugs:
Angie

EricaCD
09-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Welcome back and it sounds like things are going well on most fronts! Congratulations on your first trip out. It's a really exciting thing, I know. Enjoy :)

Erica