PDA

View Full Version : Second time out, building courage!

Sejd
09-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi Girls
Yesterday I went for a visit with my therapist and I dressed up and looked wonderful. She didn't blink an eye, and was full of encouragement. After the session, I even had the nerve to walk our Beagle in the parking lot. I did not wear my breast forms, and actually felt liberated not to "pretend" that part of my body although I am not dismissing this addition to the dress up completion. The sad thing was when I came home and had to undress and get into my "Normal" guy clothes to finish the day at work. That was deffinately a sad moment. But OK, that'l life.
In the meantime, actually today, I came out to our middle child who is a son and who is 25 years of age. He said: Dad, I'm all for you whatever you want to be, I will never redicule you, you're cool!!!!!! I was so happy I could have kissed him to death right at the spot,but we continued to work together on what we were doing. Later on tonight, we played guitar together and had a wonderfull time with my wife and her parents. I was so proud of my son, because as my therapist told me, this gift of ours is hereditary and he now has it much easier to confront his own issues on this point. Thanks all for your support
love
Sejd

Robin Leigh
09-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Hi Girls
Yesterday I went for a visit with my therapist and I dressed up and looked wonderful. She didn't blink an eye, and was full of encouragement. After the session, I even had the nerve to walk our Beagle in the parking lot. I did not wear my breast forms, and actually felt liberated not to "pretend" that part of my body although I am not dismissing this addition to the dress up completion. The sad thing was when I came home and had to undress and get into my "Normal" guy clothes to finish the day at work. That was deffinately a sad moment. But OK, that'l life.
Way to go, Sejd! :happy: I'm sure your therapist could tell how much happier you were dressed.

Even though I've never honestly wanted to dress en femme full-time, I always get a little bit sad when I have to revert to guy mode, too.

In the meantime, actually today, I came out to our middle child who is a son and who is 25 years of age. He said: Dad, I'm all for you whatever you want to be, I will never redicule you, you're cool!!!!!! I was so happy I could have kissed him to death right at the spot,but we continued to work together on what we were doing. Later on tonight, we played guitar together and had a wonderfull time with my wife and her parents.
That must take a lot of courage, telling your son! Did he seem disappointed that you didn't tell him sooner?

I was so proud of my son, because as my therapist told me, this gift of ours is hereditary and he now has it much easier to confront his own issues on this point.
Not only must there be some genetic factors which can give a predisposition to the various forms of TG, we also pick up social & cultural patterns from our families. How these genetic & cultural influences interact to cause some of us to actually be TG is somewhat complex. :)

Big :hugs: to you, Sejd, and to that angel you're married to. :)

Robin

Angie G
09-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Good for you Sejd your son sounds like a real great person that loves his dad nomatter what. :hugs:
Angie

Karren H
09-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Fantastic!!! Wonderful to have the loving support of your family!!

Love Karren

Tina Dixon
09-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Well things are looking up for you.