PDA

View Full Version : Things are changing.....

Karren H
09-16-2006, 11:39 PM
....Around our house. And they are subtle but definetly what I would call positive!! It has been a year since my wife found out...though it seems longer in some ways and shorter in others. And it hasn't been an easy year for sure...lots of tension iniatially!

But of late my wife has changed....she no longer changes the chanel on the TV when the subject of crossdressing comes up. She has started leaving her bras hand on the back of the bathroom door again...and tonight she left me home, alone for the whole afternoon...calling to let me know when she and the daughter would be arriving including a couple updates.. And this isn't her normal MO...and I could tell she was letting me know that I should be done with whatever I was doing before they returned...funny to, I was installing a new light, doing some tile work and fixing some plumbing. Not dressing. Lol.

And we still have the son around for 2 more years..so we will see how thing progress..

And I'm not foolish to to go get all dressed up and go pop out and surprise her. Lol. But what I'm most happy about is that the her trust that was lost on that day over a year ago is coming back...even if she never fully accepts my hobby, if I can win back her trust that's all I need and I'll be happy!!

Stay tuned for more updates...maybe next year about this time!!

Love Karren

Sejd
09-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Dear Karren
you are such a beautiful girl and have such life and happyness about you, I cannot see how your GG in the long run won't be won over. Your passion is resistable and convincing to all of us here. You got nerve, artistic courage and bring your inner and outer girl to such rambouncious display, how can we not be all in awe? You go girl!!!!!
love
Sejd:tongueout

ColleenCD
09-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Karren, That's awesome. I would suggest you take care with the risks around the house. You are our entertaiment with your OUT and about adventures, but home is home and you need stability and peace there.

I hope she will start to surprise you with a few approvals or limited acceptance. Your fan club will be waiting for more updates, including CD Hockey night, Halloween at the mine, and the like.:D

Colleen

Melora
09-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Good Luck to you
Karren And to your Wiffe & Family Always!

Kiera
09-17-2006, 12:14 AM
HI Karen,

I have seen your various posts from time to time and I have to agree with sejd, you are a truely an amazing person.

I wish you the best possible outcome to your situation, and I hope that you let your wife see the person inside you that you show to all of us. I believe that life gives you only one chance, in it's self, to truely take the time to find happieness and understanding not just for us, but also the women who enter our lives.:hugs:
hugs... because we all need them sometimes...

kiera

Billijo49504
09-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Cool Karren, glad things are getting to some sembelances of normalicy. Life is good here too. The wife asked if I was going to have on jeans or a skirt when the pizza arrived? I hope everything is going well for you. As others have said, your exployts are our entertainment. Still waiting for pics of you in a skirt in the mine...BJ

KarenSusan
09-17-2006, 12:31 AM
All the best Karren, hope everything works out great for you.

angelfire
09-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Congrats Karren. Things seem to be falling into place, and with the progress that has been made, you will probably be able to get her to be even more accepting eventually.

Good luck,
Jessica

Bobbie cd
09-17-2006, 12:47 AM
Just want to add my :2c: also in congrats. I hope things continue to improve for you at home. I agree that trust is incredibly important in a marriage. The fact that your wife is starting to trust you more again is definitely a positive sign.

Like the others here, waiting breathlessly for the next chapter in the adventures of Karren, miner dressed to the niner!

:D

Jenna1561
09-17-2006, 01:15 AM
Karren,

Congratulations on the small steps being taken in your home. It sounds to me as though she is realizing it is indeed a part of you and not a phase (midlife crisis?). That you haven't done anything really weird (other than hockey, that is) and that she can start to trust you again. I wish you the best.

Jenna

Vash
09-17-2006, 02:30 AM
Really happy to hear things are working out for you Karren. You are a Hero(ine) to many of us around here.

P.S. Love tha tOldie Goldie Avatar

Lisa Golightly
09-17-2006, 02:33 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwww sweet :)

Love conquers all.

Clare
09-17-2006, 02:38 AM
Karren, It would appear that the Wife has realised that life is still normal despite her discovery. Just keep the home situation stable without any reference to crossdressing and I reckon the Wife willl relax more and more.

It's good to hear you got through the year with your Family and life still intact!

lisa68
09-17-2006, 02:49 AM
Well hun, I hope things go well between you and family. I'm kinda in the same boat. I wear girls jeans especially now that I'm out on LOA from work. My kids and others see me in them in public, but wife dosen't seem to say much any more, so for you it's hard to say how it will pan out at the end. Good luck!

Kate Simmons
09-17-2006, 03:04 AM
I guess your wife has realized that you being Karren has not changed who you are as a husband and father and you are still the same person. I guess being steadfast in that way has it's own rewards. Good for you Karren. May you and your wife have many more happy years together. :love: Ericka Kay

Tracy_Victoria
09-17-2006, 03:18 AM
Hi Karen

Glad to hear things are returning back to normal. I've been very lucky with Raksha, she has always known I dress, and dispite her troubles to fully accept my hobby, she has always given me time and space which I am truely grateful for. I really wish Tracy (or who ever) and her could share the same room one day, and if she keeps trying it may happen. but even if not I'm happy knowing I can at least share how I feel about my dressing and talk to her about it.

Basically it that word again isn't! Respect, ie she has respect for my feeling and knows I need to do this, I have respect in that I have her understanding, but she can't see me dressed, so I don't force the issue with her.

hope things keep rolling for both you and I!

nishababe
09-17-2006, 05:50 AM
Dear Karren,

I am glad for you that the situation with your wife is getting better .
I agree with all the other readers comments that you seem to be a wonderfull happy person who spreads joy and happiness by your presence .
A rare soul indeed ,God bless you for all your bubbly and happy little ways of going through your life .

I wonder if your wife has ever seen your wonderfull photo's ?

Upon seeing your happiness ,joyfull naturalness and wonderfull dress sense ( never seedy or sordid !!) when you are as '' Karren ,it would surely make her heart melt and introduce some understanding to this complex lifestyle dilema that we present to the non understanding of the feminine side that is within some of us who live on this planet Earth !!

Best Wishes and lots of love from ''Nishababe'' :hugs:

Tina Dixon
09-17-2006, 06:27 AM
Well thats sounds like good news for you, I wonder about my wife at times now that she knows and never says any thing, she probably thinks it's another way to be sure he's home and not getting in trouble:D

RachelDenise
09-17-2006, 06:28 AM
Karren I hope things continue to be positive and get back to normal for the both of you, whatever the new normal will be. Things are still frosty around here so I know what you're going through. Good luck!

Samantha B L
09-17-2006, 06:37 AM
Hi Karen,It's good to hear that things are returning to normal for you. Congrats.I always look forward to your posts and to your photos in the forum.You are truly an amazing gal.You're an inspiration to all of us. Best,Samantha

dancer1
09-17-2006, 07:06 AM
You have no idear how your transformation inspiers the whole and you do it very well. Your friend Nadeen:hugs:

Kimberly
09-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Woo!! :) xx

Kahlan51
09-17-2006, 07:16 AM
You are an inspiration to us all. It helps so much to have you on this journey. I hope your progress grows in leaps and bounds. Love Kahlan

Siobhan Marie
09-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Karren, I'm glad that things are starting to work out for you. I can only echo what the other girls have said, you are a truly beautiful person and an inspiration to us all. If I look half as good as you, I'll be the happiest girl in the world.

huge :hugs: Anna x

sue ellan
09-17-2006, 01:27 PM
trust is the main thing. if your wife trust you then you are on your way to better times. good luck with everything. just go slow.:hugs:
sue ellan

princessmichelle
09-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Karren,

:iagree:

:trust, patience, you being awesome.

princessmichelle

Kate Simmons
09-17-2006, 01:43 PM
One last thought on this Karren. It just occurred to me that the "nature of the beast" of a woman is to change her mind with no prior notice. I know, I lived with one for 35 years. That having been said, I'm not referring to any of our fine GG's here. I do know from experience though. She can change her mind so quickly and do a fast "180", it could make your head spin. Just proceed carefully and walk as softly as you can (in heels) and carry a big handbag, okay? Love you,:happy: Ericka Kay

Sheila
09-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Karren,
Just to say that I am pleased that things look like they may be turning around for both of you, remember small steps.
Good luck for the future, keep us posted please, we all wish you well.
Jess(so)

suanne
09-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Karen your thread has starting me thinking about my own situation here at home. My wife caught me years ago and it sure wasn't a fun time. I have had little things go wrong in the years in between. Like I forgot to put something away or dropped some article of clothing. You know what I mean. We don't talk about crossdressing at all! I am still in the closet when it comes to that subject. I have noticed that my wife will call me when she is on the way home or I will ask her when she will be home. When she gets home she will call out to let me know she is here, etc. I think she does that because she doesn't want to confront Suanne. I don't want that either. So I guess I am saying she knows I still dress and just doesn't want to face that. I don't want her to face that either with the reaction I got years ago. Do you think your wife is kind of doing the same thing. Is this some kind of unspoken way of accepting "a Karren or Suanne" for a unaccepting SO of a cder? I remember when you were "caught" and that brought back a flood of memories for me. I don't want to ever go through that type of a mess again. It was a long time before we ever got through that terrible time in our marriage. I feel like through the years we have grown in our love and respect for each other and to tell you the honest truth I think she knows I still dress. She just wants things to stay the way they are. Like....don't ask....don't tell. Make sense? Karren I really would like your input.

Suanne

swiss_susan
09-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Great to hear that things are getting better for you babe, you deserve it.

Noel Chimes
09-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Karen:
Every time I needed some inspiration I always went and read one of your threads or comments. So allow me to return a small piece of positive outlook. This weekend has been the best ever. :c9: Since I didn't have to work on Saturday I have spent the weekend enfemme, and all smiles from the Mrs.:jumping:
Even got out and WALKED my entire block. O.k. it was 5:30a..m. but still the opportunity to get out.:doll: ( I know not a good time to be outside. I scouted my neighborhood as soon as I moved. ). But after seeing how much fun it is to get out I just had to try it. I'm not to the point of "why did I wait so long?" , but the nerves aren't as bad.:nailbiting:
In short, thank-you for benig there. May the sun shine upon you once again.
Noel

Kimmie W
09-17-2006, 05:11 PM
It's been just over a year since my wife discovered my "secret" and it gets better every day. The kids were back from school this summer and Kimmie had to lay low. This weekend was my first time fully dressed since May, WOW!!!! How I missed it! I used to dread the "feeling," now I miss it on the few days it's gone. Life is so boring as a man.:love: :love:

DAVIDA
09-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Congrats on the progress! I hope things go smoothly and swiftly for you. I consider myself blessed to have a wife who helps mold my persona and my wish is for all of you to have accepting SOs!

Karren H
09-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Karen your thread has starting me thinking about my own situation here at home. My wife caught me years ago and it sure wasn't a fun time. I have had little things go wrong in the years in between. Like I forgot to put something away or dropped some article of clothing. You know what I mean. We don't talk about crossdressing at all! I am still in the closet when it comes to that subject. I have noticed that my wife will call me when she is on the way home or I will ask her when she will be home. When she gets home she will call out to let me know she is here, etc. I think she does that because she doesn't want to confront Suanne. I don't want that either. So I guess I am saying she knows I still dress and just doesn't want to face that. I don't want her to face that either with the reaction I got years ago. Do you think your wife is kind of doing the same thing. Is this some kind of unspoken way of accepting "a Karren or Suanne" for a unaccepting SO of a cder? I remember when you were "caught" and that brought back a flood of memories for me. I don't want to ever go through that type of a mess again. It was a long time before we ever got through that terrible time in our marriage. I feel like through the years we have grown in our love and respect for each other and to tell you the honest truth I think she knows I still dress. She just wants things to stay the way they are. Like....don't ask....don't tell. Make sense? Karren I really would like your input.

Suanne

I totaly agree that I my wife is doing something simular...and early on we had talked about an arangement where I could dress when she wasn't around but never came to an agreement on when and where... And if this is her way of accepting my crossdressing then I'm happy....she does know I still dress on business trips..

And even though these are little things...they mean to me that she if getting more comfortable with me...and we'll see how things progress....slowely, at her pace.. Not mine!!

Love Karren

Charleen
09-18-2006, 08:07 AM
You got it right when you said at her pace, not yours. Look at it as an engineering problem. Any structure needs a solid foundation. If you hurry that, then the rest will collapse after a time. Or if you like, if you properly brace a mine.......... I really hope this works out for you!
Love and xxxx, Lily

suanne
09-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Karren I agree. I am not going to push anything at my house on the cding issue. There have been a few other things that my wife has said that would indicate that she knows I dress. We have been married for over 40 years and I think we know each other pretty well. This is "the issue" in our marriage that has been the hardest for us both. If things could stay this way I wouldn't mind. One thing you said that really stands out. That your wife is getting use to you dressing. Same thing with mine, I think. It's like when I came home and found that someone had put a dent in our new Jeep. Well we both we very upset and couldn't figure out where it came from but in a short time we kind of got use to seeing the dent. We didn't like it but we accepted it. Then one day I took it to the shop and had it fixed. Darn....wish Suanne was that easy to fix. :iagree:

Karren H
09-18-2006, 10:37 AM
It's like when I came home and found that someone had put a dent in our new Jeep. Well we both we very upset and couldn't figure out where it came from but in a short time we kind of got use to seeing the dent. We didn't like it but we accepted it. Then one day I took it to the shop and had it fixed. Darn....wish Suanne was that easy to fix. :iagree:

Good analogy....and I hear there are "shops" in Tiwan that for a few thousand dollars can fix Suanne up pretty good!! Permanently!!

Hehehe

Love Karren

pinkshelly
09-18-2006, 11:18 AM
My hart goes out to you Karren. I hope you are accepted for the beutifull woman and friend that you are. You are my insperation and my back bone 'causeyou get out and get it done. Thanks Karren.
Huggs, Shelly.

Sam-antha
09-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Karen, it is good to know that you have not changed and that your wife has not changed either with respect to each other.
That is what being married is about. Accepting life with love.
~Samm
Oh, forgot ; being happy with it all.

suanne
09-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Good analogy....and I hear there are "shops" in Tiwan that for a few thousand dollars can fix Suanne up pretty good!! Permanently!!

Hehehe

Love Karren

Holy Crap Karren.....(analogy) I don't want the fender cut off, :eek: I just want the dent out! :D

Kimberley
09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
This is good news Karren. I hope the trend continues for you.

:hugs:
Kimberley

brandie
09-18-2006, 08:08 PM
karren i am glad to her that thangs are going good for you i am kinda jelous becouse my wife is still fighting it and some day it is he??.
love brandie

tekla west
09-18-2006, 08:42 PM
I think a 'live and let live' attiude is the most that a CD can hope for when it comes out this late in the deal. And all things considered, its not a bad deal, each get their own space, and it does not intrude either.

Glad to hear she is getting a bit less uptight about it, that does not mean that she is OK with it, just does not see it as a big enough deal to matter with, which is a different deal. Keep it in your space and don't bring it into mine is a doable notion at least.

Karren H
09-18-2006, 09:28 PM
I'd take that, Kat!! I think most of us would settle for that too!!

Love Karren

vbcdgrl
09-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Go, girl! Your vitality and sense of humor are an inspiration to us all.

Vikki

avawho
09-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Karren, congratulations... Seems hard to believe that your dear wife found that small pile of clothes on the closet floor one whole year ago:eek: . Where oh where does the time fly? Just count your blessings the she is seemingly more receptive, try to savour (as if you need any more encouragement) every day to the fullest, and be "all things" to everyone in your household as you see fit.

Say... we are still waiting to hear if your son passed his driving test?

Cheers
Ava

Blonde
09-21-2006, 02:43 AM
I will add my :2c: here

That sounds really great for you.

The same sort of thing happened for me all those years ago.
When my wife (GF at the time) "outted" me, she was concerned that she might be living with a woman one day.
But.........................
the more we talked about it, and the more information I found about being a CD (and sharing it with her), she came to accept it. We even, eventually, were able to shopping for stuff for "Blonde" together.
It took almost a year before we shopped for Blonde, since I had quite a bit already.

In summation, all I can think to say is it does take some time for her to eventually "get her head around it" (and it sounds like she is starting to). Maybe you can reasure her in private.

:love:

Dawn29680
10-03-2006, 05:18 AM
Great that she is supportive enough to warn you

Tracy_Victoria
10-03-2006, 12:50 PM
I think a 'live and let live' attiude is the most that a CD can hope for when it comes out this late in the deal. And all things considered, its not a bad deal, each get their own space, and it does not intrude either.

I think thats very true? Raksha and I have our first weekend together alone in a very very long time, coming up this weekend, I think we both hoped for a development but the closer it draws I can see it's just not going to happen.

I know I'm lucker than most, but sadly she just can't handle seeing me fully dressed, dispite her efforts I can just see it's all going to go pear shaped if we try, so I suppose the best thing is to be grateful for what I do have, rather than wish for more, and damage what I already have.

I know she will read this, so keep the beer coming whilst I do the kitchen for you! :hugs: :hugs: :love: :hugs: :hugs:

ME XXXXXX