PDA

View Full Version : Question? What to do ?

perfume
09-17-2006, 12:00 AM
What do you do when your all dresed, and like you have nowhere to go or one one to see? I have on all my makeup on and a short skirt, and all my jewelry on, i girl i am with said you are outstanding. but to go out like allways, i wonder, if i am as nice i look in the mirror, or do i just look at my self as i want to look like. Tell me should i go on my friends word or what i look and feel like when i look in the mirrir at me. I love my long hair wig and my eye shadow. tell me please.

Kathleengurl
09-17-2006, 12:20 AM
... slow down some... you sound a bit frantic. Spend some 'me' time with your self. get your favorite tea... your favorite book and some cool background music and just enjoy being the femme you.

older not wiser
09-17-2006, 03:22 AM
If your friend says you look good and you feel good then why not go out? Its a real bummer when you are dressed up and no where to go. If per chance you still feel "not right" then stay home, still dressed and relax with a really good friend and talk or do what feels right!!!!!

:love: BonnieAnne

Sexy_Sabrina_cd
09-17-2006, 04:31 AM
I agree... if you are to go out enfemme it has to feel right for you. I am not talking about nerves but that you feel comfortable with your appearance and the person that you want to project.

There is no need to rush, when the time is right you will know it to be from the bottom of your heels to the tip of your hair :thumbsup:

:hugs:

Kate Simmons
09-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Like someone said, slow down. Gotta like and be comfortable with yourself before you can spread your femme "wings" Hon.:happy: Ericka Kay

Karren H
09-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Well if I'm on a business trip, I will usually do some webcamming and IMing with my friends....Kind of "The Karren Show" very PG more like a fashion show or a CD Infomercial... lol

Love Karren

LeahCD2002
09-17-2006, 09:32 AM
I agree Karen. Camming is a great way for a gurl to strut her stuff within the confines of her boudoir. As you said, PG of course! Without the camming, Leah would most likely never been seen.

Can't wait for the video chat to get up and running again.

Leah

Melinda G
09-17-2006, 11:44 AM
I like to go for long walks, all dressed, and wearing heels. I love to hear the heels on the sidewalk. I also love to walk down a main street at night, and see myself in the store windows, which are like giant mirrors. I just pretend I'm window shopping. Quite a kick. Womens clothes just feel better, than mens.

Jennaie
09-17-2006, 11:58 AM
I have read here before, mirrors lie, but pictures don't. Try taking some digital pics of yourself, full body and close up face along with profile. It will give you an honest appraisal.

Sky
09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
What do you do when your all dresed, and like you have nowhere to go or one one to see?

I can't give specifics because I'd probably violate the language rules, but make sure you have some Kleenex in handy...

DAVIDA
09-18-2006, 08:31 PM
I have read here before, mirrors lie, but pictures don't. Try taking some digital pics of yourself, full body and close up face along with profile. It will give you an honest appraisal.

:iagree: I just recently figured out how to get pictures on here. I took pictures of myself for the first time the other night. :eek: I about scared the:censor: out of myself!

MarinaTwelve200
09-18-2006, 10:08 PM
If you need to do SOMETHING---but dont wanna go out--then THKE PICS OF YOURSELF---in different outfits with different looks. I have a ball doing that and dont have to go out to have fun.

But then again I am a PRIVATE crossdresser----Its not that I am scared to go out (I dont think its a good idea anyway), but I seem to equate CDing with being NAKED, in a sense. While I can be naked at home or in the bath, I certianly would NOT go outside in the nude. --it just isnt "proper"---this sense of "properness" seems to acompany my CDing too

So I have no real urge to go out.---but as mentioned above, I stillhave fun thru photography and generate different images and personas of myself.

MsJanessa
09-19-2006, 04:03 PM
you go to the nearest TG friendly venue----usually a gay bar---and mix and socialize----don't have to have sex with anybody----just talk and get to know people.

steffie39
09-19-2006, 04:15 PM
I know the feeling early last year of being all dressed up with nowhere to go (when I was still closeted). I wanted so badly to "strut my stuff." After going to CD meetings at first that gave me the courage to go out and now I go out a lot. If you feel pretty then you most certainly are! If your heart tells you to go out, then by all means go for it! :thumbsup:

Steffie

marykrissmithcd
09-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Feel comfortable at home first. What I did my first time out was to fill the car up with gas and take a long drive with tunes on. Felt great being out in public without not actually being out in public. I even stopped at a shopping mall after hours to just walk around the parking lot in a dress and heels.

tekla west
09-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Find a CD support group or a nice gay bar and have fun.

leanne44
09-19-2006, 06:49 PM
when i get to feel like that is when i do go out.
doesn't have to be to a disco or club you can go shopping(in fem)
and have a good time. Or just stop and have a burger and a coke
somewhere.Takes the edge off and helps you to relax.

Joani
09-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Find a support group!! Be careful of gay bars-some are NOT tg friendly (however most are). That said go for it. Most people at support groups know of TG freiendly bars & clubs. Most groups also list local places on their web sites. Good luck

Samantha B L
09-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Digital camming yourself at those odd times in a cd'rs life when your all dressed up with no place to go can shake out the doldrums.Especially if the shots turn out nice.But if you haven't made the purchase of one of those just yet and you still have those kinda frustrating times when you're enfemme and you don't have anywhere to go and you can't even find cd freinds to talk to on the phone.Trying on clothes in front of large,ceiling high to floor and wall length mirrors can be fun.With strong lamplight.I shared a house with some family members in kind of a rural,yet modern campus town setting and my bedroom was covered up in mirrors that some people who had lived there the year before us had screwdrivered in.That was in 1986 and I had a festive time with those mirrors when I was stuck at home with no place to go but I wanted to dress.Samantha

perfume
09-22-2006, 07:22 PM
I just want to thank everyone who replied to my question. All your advise was taken very serious. I was just a little unsure, but have regained my unwaivered trust in myself and i am back out there, with some new clothes and hair, iam quite content with my looks. thank all of you again. where would we be without each other to listen and talk to love all of you :hugs: :hugs: :love: perfume

lauriejean
09-22-2006, 09:12 PM

I think video is even better. You can see how you move, stand, and sit. Especially if you can leave it on for a while, you become less self-conscious and see a bit more of what others see.
:2c:

Karren H
09-22-2006, 09:24 PM
There's always something to do!! SHOPPING enfemme!!! Bring your purse!! :)

Love Karren