PDA

View Full Version : Nair "Pretty"

angelfire
09-17-2006, 12:53 AM
So apparently this is a new product line. Its called "Nair Pretty" and they have 3 different hair removal products I believe. It states that it is targetted at age 12-15 girls, because it is for sensitive skin, but it says it is good for face & bikini areas. They apparently have quick wax strips that you don't need to heat or anything, then they have a spray which just washes off in the shower, and then they have the standard cream type.

Any opinions on if you think it would work for us girls?

Robin Leigh
09-17-2006, 07:33 AM
So apparently this is a new product line. Its called "Nair Pretty" and they have 3 different hair removal products I believe. It states that it is targetted at age 12-15 girls, because it is for sensitive skin, but it says it is good for face & bikini areas. They apparently have quick wax strips that you don't need to heat or anything, then they have a spray which just washes off in the shower, and then they have the standard cream type.

Any opinions on if you think it would work for us girls?

I've just had a look on the Nair website (http://www.naircare.ca/products.php), but I can't see any wax strips in the "Pretty" range.

Young girls may have sensitive skin, but their body hair is also pretty fine, so these products may not be strong enough for us. Nair do have a few products formulated for men, but I've never tried them. There's a link to Products for Men on the site I linked to above.

Guys tend to have less sensitive skin than women. It's thicker & oilier, so it can usually tolerate the harsh chemicals a bit better than GG skin. Our hair tends to be tougher & coarser, so we generally need to leave hair removal creams on for longer, but never exceed the maximum time limit. These chemicals are very powerful, please treat them with respect!

I like the look of the NAIR Sensitive Care for Coarse Hair. I don't use chemical depilation much, and I find a spray easier to apply evenly than a cream. I mostly use it on my hands (and sometimes my knees), which can be tricky & time-consuming to do with a razor.

I'm just so glad I have a naturally hairless back. :)

Robin

Kate Simmons
09-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Getting clever, these Nair people. Have to come up with new stuff to compete with the company I work for. Whatever takes the "fuzz" off I guess. Ericka Kay

Karren H
09-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Probably works best on fine hair since that's what 12-15 year olds have...thicker coarser hair will probably not be affected...none of the dipilitary products work on my hair...but they tear up my skin plenty!! Ouch!!

Love Karren

angelfire
09-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the info, I should have considered it, but when I was typing it I was really tired.