PDA

View Full Version : My Birthday!

Kimberly
09-17-2006, 05:37 AM
Woo!! Party.

The point of this thread, (written under the unfortunate circumstance of a hangover... :sad:), is not just to big up my birthday and tell you what lovely presents I got -- it's about dressing!! (Correct forum, Mods ;))

Last night was probably the final night to get a load of my friends together before we all go our seperate ways - and it was my birthday, so GO ME! :D
I'd vowed to myself I had to do something adventurous, and so it was on with "the face" and a fairly androgynous top from H&M.

And so... some people were wondering what I was wearing - some loved it - some, didn't know how to take it. But I had no problems the whole night! :)

I just wanted to show: I wasn't trying to pass. I was just taking small steps look good, and I think I did! I was quite happy!! And as well as that, it seems I was accepted within my group of friends. No one asked, "What are you doing in that top?? Why are you wearing make-up!?"

Some of the comments I remember:
"That's a nice top... it'd look better with cleavage."
Someone asked a friend, "Is he wearing a girls top?" and I promptly told them, Yes it is... He said it made me look like I had breasts - I don't know how sober he was at that point.
A good friend of mine had to explain to her confused boyfriend about the situation. :p
... There were more, but I fail to remember them now. It'll come back to me in flashbacks.

But the important thing is, that on whatever level - last night I blurred the line between genders, and changed some people's perspectives on gender and presentation - however small that change was!

And more importantly, I had a good time, (and looked good :p). Piccies:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/kimberlycd/Party06003a.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/kimberlycd/smallface.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/kimberlycd/Party06002.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/kimberlycd/Party06003.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/kimberlycd/make-up.jpg

Honest thoughts if you like... No, "You don't look like a girl enough" rubbish. I was going more for just looking good. Piccies are rubbish, I know - and apologise for that.

xx

Sandra
09-17-2006, 07:14 AM
Glad you had a good time , well what you can remember anyway, ;) the pics look good I do like the top

Julie York
09-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Just say you're in the Scissor Sisters. :D

sky0629
09-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Happy Birthday, glad to here you had a great time and the top looked great, and you have great friends.
:love: Sky

Jenna1561
09-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Happy Birthday, and happy to hear you had a good time and confused some people. Confusion is a doorway to thought and it's good to keep your friends thinking about you. If you ar going separate ways, I'm certain you made a lasting impression.

Jenna

Karren H
09-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Sounds like a great party!!! And love the top....

Love Karren

angelfire
09-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Happy birthday! And I third the motion on the shirt, it looks great on you.

Also, I saw a girl at a party I was at with an almost identical hat.

princessmichelle
09-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Kimberly,
Brave of you to wear a women's shirt like that. It looks great on you. Oh, and
:bday:

princess Michelle

Jenn2716
09-17-2006, 01:17 PM
I thought you looked great. I am truly starting to believe that blurring the gender lines may be the way for me to go as well. As long as we put out confident vibes, maybe other people will just let us be.

Oh, and Happy Birthday! Hope you got lots of nice prezzies.

AmberTG
09-17-2006, 01:31 PM
That IS a nice top! Looks good on you. Now if there was a bit of cleavage...:heehee:

Kimberly
09-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Also, I saw a girl at a party I was at with an almost identical hat.
B*tch!! That was the one of only 3 male pieces of clothing I was wearing that night!! H&M bloke department. :p

Oh well. A female friend of mine stole it most of the night. I'm waiting on another friend to get the sexy pictures... we took several! :D

EricaCD
09-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, and I hope the hangover wasn't too painful... :)

Erica

CaptLex
09-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Cool top, Kimberly. Glad you had a nice time - happy birthday! :love:

angelfire
09-17-2006, 03:14 PM
B*tch!! That was the one of only 3 male pieces of clothing I was wearing that night!! H&M bloke department. :p

Oh well. A female friend of mine stole it most of the night. I'm waiting on another friend to get the sexy pictures... we took several! :D

That was like....jeez, back in june or something too.

swiss_susan
09-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Glad you had fun

and Happy Birthday!!!

Rachel Morley
09-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi Kimberly,

First off...Happy Birthday! How's the head? all clear now? :D

Second, I think it's absolutely faboulous that you are blurring the lines of gender expression. I think we've had this conversation before in one of your threads but saying to the world "yes, here I am, and oh btw, I'm transgendered" can only be a good thing. I like your top, and going on your pics, it looks as though you were wearing eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara too. Am I right?

Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I think you're pretty cool :cool:

lisa68
09-18-2006, 03:09 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!!! It sounds like it went well and being around good friends it should be fine as wine. I do think that top looks good on you. Later girl.

Charleen
09-18-2006, 07:53 AM
Let me add my "Happy B-day" as well. How's the head? How many fingers am I holding up? The blouse looked great. I always mix and match . I'm wearing a drab shirt, woman's jeans, and knee highs into the office today.
I'm one of the ones that believe if we start blurring the lines with how we dress, then maybe the unwashed will start getting used to the adrogynous look at least. Keep 'em confused! Love and xxxx, Lily

Sexy_kavya26
09-18-2006, 09:25 AM
happy Birthday . You are nice in Top as well as Top too

Robin Leigh
09-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Happy Birthday, Kimberly. Glad you decided to dress how you really wanted to at your party.

:hugs:

Robin

Stephenie S
09-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Happy birthday sweetie!

Steph

KateLongman27
09-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Happy "Belated" Birthday.