PDA

View Full Version : Tough Day

Emma_Forbes
09-17-2006, 06:52 AM
Hi All,

Yesterday was a really tough day but I persevered and got through it - and today I feel really c**p. So what was so tough? It was a full dressing day, the first opportunity I've had for 2 weeks, but everything was a struggle. The makeup wouldn't go on properly. The nail varnish wouldn't behave. Wardrobe malfunctions. So heavy handed I could have demolished a wall just by touching it. Nearly gave up several times but carried on in the hope that it would all be worth it. Then a truly disastrous evening (can't go into details) - finally went to bed tired, unfulfilled and frustrated.

So how about today? Well today, as my shaved body starts to itch in places, I wonder whether it is really worth all the hassle. All the shaving, the expense, the pain, the frustration. I want to be better than I am, but know I will never be. I'm lonely and ignored and pretty fed up.

I know I'll be alright tomorrow and this is just harking back to some bad old days, but I guess I just needed to tell someone how bad I feel. Yeah I know I have much more than many so shouldn't complain and I should really get out of self-pitying mode but just for once I decided not to suffer in silence.

So here's to a better tomorrow - :cheers:

Em

Marla S
09-17-2006, 06:58 AM
Sorry to hear.

The key lays here IMO

... the first opportunity I've had for 2 weeks, ...
a maybe not so good mood anyway + urge/disere + opportunity + high expectation ---> all messed up.

Sophie Haworth
09-17-2006, 07:04 AM
Emma.

It does sound to me as though you were not in full dressing mood, and it seems as though you were pushing it, to try and get the buzz that inst there, it sometimes works, but when it doesn't you do feel flat.

Perhaps give it a rest and get on with something else if you have other things you can be doing, until you get back into the mood and wow, it will be worth the effort.

I will add you do look pretty in your avatar.

Sophie.

Kimberly
09-17-2006, 07:11 AM
So here's to a better tomorrow - :cheers:
Hope your outlook is a little better soon xx

Kate Simmons
09-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Em, You never have to "suffer in silence". We're all here for you. Also, you can PM me anytime you need to talk.:happy: Ericka Kay

Siobhan Marie
09-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Em, I'm with Erica on this one, don't suffer in silence, you're more than welcome to PM me too if you want someone to talk to.

huge :hugs: Anna x

Holly
09-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Hi Emma... hope your outlook is better today. :hugs:

Kaitlyn Michele
09-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Emma

ihear you...in baseball if you bat .400 you are the best player ever!!!!!

we all have those days in ALL THINGS, but when your psyched up to dress and you're not feeling it or its a big hassle that can feel like a let down!!!it happens to me and those are usually the nights i dont i post about!!

my advice......i think you might guess!!!! you're gonna need to do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take care!!

michele

Angie G
09-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Hi Emma we all have days like this I had one at work last week the day got over and so did I thenext day was fine.
So just keep on keeping on Emma :hugs:
Angie

sky0629
09-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Emma,
Same thing happened to me last week, Don't give up it happen's to all of us. and you can vent here any time you want.
Sky:D

uknowhoo
09-17-2006, 09:52 AM
:hugs: It's days like these which help you appreciate the better ones.:hugs:

Hang in there.

Hugs,

Tammi

EricaCD
09-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue. It happens to all of us. Hang in there, have a good laugh and come back to dressing when you're more in the mood!

Erica

Roberta Lynn
09-17-2006, 11:37 AM
I know I'll be alright tomorrow and this is just harking back to some bad old days, but I guess I just needed to tell someone how bad I feel. Yeah I know I have much more than many so shouldn't complain and I should really get out of self-pitying mode but just for once I decided not to suffer in silence.

Hi Em
One of the best things about being a member of this forum, is it gives us a chance to 'vent' when we have nobody close to "vent' to.
We can always find someone to listen, offer a little advice and give us a cyber-hug :hugs:

As far as your Tough Day I agree with the others. You may have been pushing to hard to have a good time.
Sometimes we just need to sit down, close our eyes, take a deep breath, relax and just enjoy who we are right now.

And like Tammi said

:hugs: It's days like these which help you appreciate the better ones.:hugs:

Hang in there.

Hugs,

Tammi

:love: Roberta

princessmichelle
09-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Emma,

I'm sorry you had a bad day. :sad:

We're here for support. :hugs:

princessmichelle

Sheila
09-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Emma,
here's to a better tommorow:bighug:
jess(so)

MeaganDee
09-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Hope it improves

eleyna
09-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Re: shaving; I picked up a "Remington EP1000 Women's Smooth & Silky Hair Removal System" from Amazon. Takes slightly longer than shaving at first and smarts a little more, but it starts to pay off after a few uses.

Melissa Jane Martin
09-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi Emma,

I feel for you. And I understand how you feel. I have been wanting to and needing to dress for months but life (and business) have been tough. I admire you making the effort to dress. Boy, that lonely feeling too when you finally do dress and then no where to go and perhaps just feel yucky!

Then we all hope for the great days. You will have them. Don't give up!

Melissa Jane

Emma_Forbes
09-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the good wishes and sympathy/empathy given. Things are getting better slowly and maybe I'll be better for the experience.

Thanks again

Em