PDA

View Full Version : Sam-antha has another problem - with you.

Sam-antha
09-17-2006, 03:29 PM
My problem thread re Wigs has attracted around 800 visitors with only a few responses.
This is a serious problem and I invite replies to my poll. Choose on of the styles for me, or reject each of them.
One has been chosed on the basis of a photo, by a dealer.
One has been chosen by myself
One is chucked in at random. I am emphasising the fact that the conditions are not mustually exclusive !

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39954

At last...

Tina Dixon
09-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Your link don't seem to work:(

Karren H
09-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Well the "Views" does include Guests which is a huge number some days vs members....and they can't vote or reply...

Love Karren

Sam-antha
09-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Dead right, it damm well does not. ...
It does now, but I just cannot get to the pic place...they are to be found
on page 2.
"Crossdressing should be fun" says Tina and this is just that...

Karen, you have a definite point...

Sorry all ~Samm

sparks
09-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I choose the plaid one.

Sam-antha
09-17-2006, 05:51 PM
That took a bit of doing... there were problems with the poll ref in both threads.. and then my wife arrived during pic transfer ... twice..
all is well again and I leave you to your choice. ( come back if you did not see the pics....)
~Samm

SherriePall
09-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I picked No. 3

Rachel's PP
09-17-2006, 05:58 PM
i also like #3:happy:

carol ann
09-17-2006, 05:59 PM
for you Sam i picked the one in ths small photo on the right.

ColleenCD
09-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Sam-antha

I picked 2, and I also liked 3. Number 1 doesn't seem as real. Much of this depends though on your facial characteristics and age. :2c:

Colleen

Joy Carter
09-17-2006, 06:09 PM
# III Sam :D

Jodi
09-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Samantha, I did not vote. It is almost impossible to pick a wig for you from a wig model pic. I wig will always look different on you than it does on the model, ie coloring, head size and face shape.

The only way to truely pick the right hair is to go into a wig shop and try them on. Any mail order will be hit and miss.

Jodi

Cathleen
09-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Samm:

I really think that the color and style of your current wig suits you quite well.

Nevertheless, since you are committed to change to one of the three styles you have posted, I chose # 3 for you (# 2 would be a close second) -- I'm looking forward to seeing the "new you."

Cathy

Mary Jane
09-17-2006, 07:22 PM
I also think #3 is the best choice.

Jennaie
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
It's a bit hard to say since I can't really tell what your natural color is in the pic at your public profile. I do love the cut of #3, but I would suggest that you call them and be sure that the wig is actually cut and styled or if it would need to be after you buy it.

Bobbie cd
09-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I would have to agree that #3 looks the most natural.

Tina Dixon
09-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Go with the middle one.

tootall452
09-17-2006, 07:53 PM
I like # 1

simonep
09-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Number 2 looks good

Simone :2c:

Sarah Rabbit
09-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I chose the small one on the right (#2) I think, however you should go with astyle that suits your age:happy:

Sarah R. :bunny:

patty804
09-17-2006, 09:14 PM
I like #1 too

Denise_Z
09-17-2006, 10:24 PM
I like either #1 or #3 on the model. I don't think you can really get the correct advise using photos of someone other than yourself. I think in this case, only you can be the judge of what will look best on you.

LadyLiz GG
09-18-2006, 12:10 AM
I picked #1. It has more fullness and appears longer. I think it would make a manly neck look thinner.

Rita Knight
09-18-2006, 02:05 AM
I picked color #1. It stands out more and is more distinctive. Read my quote.

Sam-antha
09-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Well girls, I must admit to failure to choose. Towards the poll end time I will let you in on the choice definitions. ie which was the odd one out, which was my choice and which was an intenet dealer choice based on the photos of me shown in the companion thread.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39954
For now, I have an appointment made with a "large and discreet" place in Edinburgh.

I will keep you all posted with thoughts, and developments.
Your ~Samm, with huggzzes and thanks all round.

Dana Carlton
09-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Number 3 was my vote. I like the cut of the wig itself. But as other have said, it does depend on your facial features. If you were able to try all three on before you purchased, you might have you own opinion and say "to hell with the poll", I like this one best.

Gretchen
09-21-2006, 03:49 PM
I would choose #3. I have seen this one several times before and would dearly love to try it on, if I could find the right larger sizes. I like it because it would help to show my earrings more completely.
Gretchen

paulaN
09-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I like 3. It will show your earrings. But it realy does depend on your facial features.

Janelle Marshall
09-21-2006, 05:20 PM
I voted for #3, but also think#1 is nice. I would definately suggest going to a wig shop and trying some on. That is the only way you can really tell which style and color will look best. I have done this and it is a fun and rewarding experience. The shop ladies have always been wonderful! It is a lot of fun to actually laugh at some of the choices when they are not right! If you call around to the shops you will get a feel for which ones will be accepting and helpful. I have purchased 2 wigs from Don-Murnane in Minneapolis and will go back again. The shop will also help with styling your wig to get the look you want. Good luck and have fun!

catherine37
09-22-2006, 01:55 AM
The one on the right

Miss Petra
09-22-2006, 02:04 AM
I choose 1

Try ivilliage.com makeover matic you can upload a pic of yourself and
try on lots of wigs.

Hugz,

Petra

Fionax
09-23-2006, 12:37 PM
It is difficult without getting a profile but I think that #2 is the best because it helps mask a male jaw line. I am a bit put off by the height of the top though

Fi

Nigella
09-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Try one of those programmes you can get that allows you to put up a photo of yourself and then add make-up, wigs etc. That will show better than any photo of a model or polystyrene bust.

linnea
09-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Without knowing about your facial features, this is harder than it would be otherwise; nonetheless, I picked three (the one farthest to the viewer's right.

Sam-antha

I picked 2, and I also liked 3. Number 1 doesn't seem as real. Much of this depends though on your facial characteristics and age. :2c:

Colleen

Diana
09-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Okay, I just voted for Style #3. However, I am torn between it and Style #1. #3 is a bit 'flatter' on top and shows the ears more. So, that is the main reason I went with #3. #2, from the picture, looks very much like #3.

If it were me getting a wig, I would prefer one with shoulder lenght hair. Personally, I don't really care for the short hair styles. However, a wig or going out in obvious fem dress would not work since I have a mustache, and I am not going to shave it. It has been a part of me since 1972 and it is staying.

Diana

renee k
09-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi Samantha,

I totally agree with Jodi, you will have to be the judge on what looks good on you. My advice is to get a wig that fits your facial features and age. And not to go by pictues of a model. Of the three pictures you presented. I like the first. But that's just me, I like that kind of style.

Huggs, Renee

Angie G
09-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Sam-antha I think I'd go with #1 :hugs:
Angie

Bernice
09-24-2006, 12:04 AM
Wig color and shape depend so much on your own facial features, skin tone, etc. It's impossible to judge by looking at distant pictures of you, and pictures of wigs on other people. Personaly, I like longer hair, and bangs (obvious if you look at my avatar). The first two appear to be too big for the heads they are on, and the third appears to slenderize the face, which might benefit you. Longer hair makes you look younger, partly because older women then to wear their hair much shorter. So if you are trying to look older, shorter is probably better.

Maybe all these variables help explain why I have more wigs than you do.

Sam-antha
09-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Right on Bernice, it is almost impossible but only because it seems to be so. But, it is fun.
~Samm
PS I am trying to look younger.
~S

Ashley in Virginia
09-25-2006, 04:40 PM
I picked neither. They all look too wiggy to me. Super fake looking.

Sam-antha
10-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Right girls, decision time is past, choice time is up and pay up time has gone.
I went today, this afternoon to Edinburgh.

Thank you all for your help and thoughts in this and the other thread and I mostly agreed with your ideas.
Wig sample Number one was included as a wish item, young face, bright eyed, perhaps a bit vacant, but she should be bushy tailed, even if the wig looked as though it had been dropped onto her.

Wig sample Number two, with the fewest votes was a no go for various reasons, if the neckalace had been removed it would ot have looked so good.
Wig sample Number three I did not like too much.

That left me this afternoon with decision time in a wee shop, (With a turnover this year of £1,000,000. (There is money in the things, especially if you provide the famous with the £800 -£1,000 couture hairpiece, plus a steady order from the Muppets.)
The choice really did revolve around one and three in terms of length and cut.
I opted for a wig with a longer fringe than on #1, go the sides thinned out, chose a length around my collar at the back with a tousled rear look as at present.
Blondish of course, but a two tone, dark with light highlights. A few scissor snips and there I was, possessor of a fourth wig.
The one you know is actually the first, and dates from the seventies with a Chinese pedigree. It is a bit heavy nowadays, no longer flexible and finger combable and the band perished and replaced long, long ago.
To see me with it on top you will have to wait. My wife is away for a while with my camera, but fear not, I got another one today, with a large memory from the Olympus stable. (Like the last one.) But there are differences, which once sorted, will allow me to continue with my Scottish Castles, Houses and other things Scottish visits with a new model me.
More on the whole thing later

Huggzzes
~Samm

seyken
10-20-2006, 11:30 PM
I would also chose no 3

Sam-antha
10-21-2006, 12:25 AM
The Result is showing now, in the "Lets have fun thread by Florence, more later, elsewhere.

~Samm