PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Bug Fun

Phyliss
09-17-2006, 04:35 PM
About three weeks ago I was into the local F.B. to pick up some 3/4 sleeve "T"s for the winter. The manager finally convinced me to "upgrade" to the premier card. Since I go in there quite often I finally agreed to do it. Getting tired of hearing the sales pitch everytime. Well, it showed up in the mail Friday, so you just know I had to "give it a test drive"
Picked up some more tops and as the S.A. was helpling me she asked if I needed anything else. BIg internal "gulp" and I figured "Here goes another step"
"Uh,....yeah, I've been looking for some panties as most of mine are getting too big for since I'm loosing weight."
"O.K. we have some really pretty ones over here by the register, that will fit you. What size are you looking for?"
Gee, that was too easy. She didn't freakout at hearing me say the word "panties". Well, we began looking at some of them and I had to explain to her that I wanted some that had a bit of stretch in the front. Without being too gross I had to explain that this was necessary to prevent fallout which as we all know is really uncomfortable. She kinda giggled in an embarrassed way, and I told her to not be worried, but that was just the way it is. Well after a few seconds she regained her composure and we went about looking some more. Found two that will work for me. Good sales girl, in that she mentioned that they're on sale at 4 for $18 and did I want to find two more. They make it too easy to spend money. So we continued to look and found two more.
Now comes the fun part, she asked again if there was anything else I needed, jewelry, shoes. I asked her if they had any 10W and she said that they have a few pairs now and then. I'm on the lookout for a pair of loafers with a small heel that I can wear everyday without too many question asked. Of course I just had to look at the shoes and the conversation turned to various types of shoes and I mentioned that I had this darling pair of boots with a 4" heel. I told her that I could walk well in them also. I think she believed me but I could see some doubt there.
Anyhow, I paid for everything getting a discount on the new card and having a discount card I got in the mail, she split the sale to get me both discounts. Nice person her.
On my way home I decided to try something new for me. Remembering my little adventure on Labor Day weekend and being able to walk into Macy's without anybody noticing I figured I'd try it again. When I got home I quickly got out my 4" heeled boots I was talking about and headed back to F.B. Got into the parking lot and luckly there was an open place near the door, (11:30a.m. on a Sunday, not many people there yet) taking a big gulp of air I got out of the car and headed into the mall. Being careful to walk on my toes so as to not make too much noise with my heels. The mall recently has been carpeted with some indoor/outdoor carpeting so I wasn't too worried about noise once inside. Not a single glance or comment as I headed to the F.B.
Found the young lady who had helped me and she asked if I had forgotten something. I said, "No, but wanted to show off the boots I was talking about" She liked them and asked again where I had gotten them. Then to prove my point about being able to walk in them. I strutted off down one of the aisles, being careful to remember just where to put each foot and added a bit of attitude to my walk. Turned and went back to her.
"I'm quite impressed, you do that like a professional" to which I responded "What kind of a professional?" "Like a runway model" she said "Oh, not one of THOSE evening PROFESSIONALS" I replied. "NO, you walk quite well in them"
We chatted a bit more and I left feeling on cloud nine. Didn't worry a bit as I left the mall.
This CD thing is getting to be more fun each day.

Joyce1702
09-17-2006, 05:35 PM
What a fun story! Thanks for sharing.

Joyce

Jenna1561
09-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Great story. I love FB and they just talked me into upgrading my card last week. The SA's are always friendly and helpful.

Jenna

MeaganDee
09-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Sounds wonderful

satin-and-lace-for-m
09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Hey Girl,

How have you been girl. Sounds like you are making progress as a real woman.

Great story.

Cheers,

Satin...

Adrienne Heels
09-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Phyllis, sounds like you had so much fun there! That was really cool wearing the boots there.

Katrina
09-17-2006, 09:21 PM
I love Fashion Bug. I went there a few days ago and the SA was teasing me. I went to the register with one cute halter top and she said, "Is that all?!?!? Sorry, this register is for 12 items or more...that one is for 10 items or more. You are gonna have to get some more stuff." We had a good chuckle at that one and I said something to the effect of "Uh oh, I better find some more stuff then..."

Phyliss
09-18-2006, 03:07 AM
Hey Girl,

How have you been girl. Sounds like you are making progress as a real woman.

Great story.

Cheers,

Satin...

Glad to see you. Small world, eh.
I'm sure you'll love it here.

You're correct, I'm having a wonderful time.

sue ellan
09-18-2006, 06:51 AM
shopping can be so much fun when the sa are nice and helpfull.
sue ellan

Sexy_kavya26
09-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Wow Great shopping . I never been to FB as it is close to crowded area in my town . you must send a Thank you card to SA .