PDA

View Full Version : The Book of Revelations

great gg
09-17-2006, 08:35 PM
no, this is not a religious rant or anything like that, I chose the title because my life is an open book and I want to reveal more of myself to all of you.
I am an ordained liberal minister (Unitarian Universalist). Two years ago, I resigned the parish ministry to focus on a much different type of call: the ministry of art.
That said, I feel that my ministry was about preparing me for this par tof my life with my SOCD because I have officiated at several weddings and ceremonies for all mixes of people (mtf to hetCD, mtf to mtf, gay and lesbian etc etc) I was also a counselor to a mtf as she underwent transition, I preached severral sermons including one on "The Other Side of the Closet" about the spouse's reaction to her SO coming out. I read many books, counseled couples, camped and laughed and cried with CDs, TGLBT and so. . . when my honey come out to himself and me, I had a lot of information and real life experience with people whom I had learned to love because of WHO THEY WERE. And yet, as y ou may remember from my first post, I was surprised at my own reactions and fears. that he would want to become a woman, that I would not want to be married to a woman because i happen to be het. . . and so on and so on. . . you know the drill.
Because of you, the gals and the girls, the GGs GMs TS TG and whatever else we all are, I had a huge revelation today. I love my person for whatever and whoever he/she is. Making love with a full whole beautiful human being who is created whole and perfect, just as we all are, is the most humbling experience. :gift:

I am not interested in being a minister on this forum or anywhere else right now in my life. I am focussed on loving my family and creating art. The funny thing is that we have been talking about getting me a Tuff Shed so I could carve stone in a contained space for two years now and we finaly went out and bought one. I had to laugh. . . I buy him skirts and he buys me a Tuff Shed. :heehee: :heehee:
Thank you all for sharing your stories, :love:

simonep
09-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Good luck with your carvings. I am glad to hear that just like your CDSO who has come to terms with themsleves, you too have had the opportunity to work out your desires too.

Love Simone:happy:

Holly
09-17-2006, 08:43 PM
What a "great" post (pun intended).
I had a huge revelation today. I love my person for whatever and whoever he/she is. Making love with a full whole beautiful human being who is created whole and perfect, just as we all are, is the most humbling experience.This brief phrase is so potent and powerful! Thanks for sharing this thought with us.

Jennaie
09-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Two things come to mind when I read your post, the question, what has changed about me since I told you that I like to feel fem, that I like to wear womens clothing? and, Am I really a different person than the one you married 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago just because you now know that I am transgendered?

You fell in love with me because of who I am on the inside, that has never changed, it's just that I have given you a bit of new information that perhaps explains a little more in detail why I am who I am.

Thanks for your thread, your a very understanding woman. :happy:

suzannecarr
09-18-2006, 12:35 AM
i have to say , being a transvestite myself, that if you go by the bible according to what is convenient for you then you are kind of missing the whole point, acceptance is a wonderful thing, from my point of view though i just cant go along with some of the thngs mentioned, this is a whole other discussion, lately though ive become very suspect about some of my own beliefs that have been instilled and drilled into my psyche, one thing i do believe in whole heartedly is the creation of the universe by God from that point on i am really questioning the whole religion idea, im probably muddling up this thread but i just had to make this statement, i really feel, that religion is a comfortable way to make yourself feel a little fuzzier inside , and thats about all its good for, i see many people using church as a business aid(building customer count) some use it as a singles meeting place, and it goes on and on, much of which has been going on for years if not centuries, i guess what i mean is: i dont think god intended many of the things that have transpired, and im qute sure he didnt intend for people to kill innocent people in his name. i can say that if the bible is really genuine, which i think it is, and after having second thoughts about sexuality and other things, you have to in the end go by the ten commandments and then see where you measure up! again, not saying that i am or have ever been perfect myself, i think i can speak for many others . i just cant agree with building a church on the principles of a religion that just makes us comfortable, and says its alright to break this commandment in our church . after all many of our main denominations were formed by the wealthy and royalty, just so they would feel " comfortable". sorry if i offend anyone, but thats my opinion, suzanne, by the way i was brought up a southern baptist , im sure many will say now i understand, and others might genuinly be surprised, may your particular god bless you, or whatever makes you "comfortable"..........:2c:

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks for sharing! I'm a lapsed Unitarian myself.

Satrana
09-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Two things come to mind when I read your post, the question, what has changed about me since I told you that I like to feel fem, that I like to wear womens clothing? and, Am I really a different person than the one you married 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago just because you now know that I am transgendered?

You fell in love with me because of who I am on the inside, that has never changed, it's just that I have given you a bit of new information that perhaps explains a little more in detail why I am who I am.

I have the same attitude - all that changes after coming out of the closet is that your SO now knows why you are the way you are. If she loved you before then she should love you the same after.

swiss_susan
09-18-2006, 02:44 AM
I just want to say I think that was a great post to read. You come accross as a deep and understanding individual.

Susan

Kate Simmons
09-18-2006, 04:29 AM
It was nice to read. I'm a deep spiritual person myself. I've learned more the last few years than most of my life. In spite of what we are taught, I've come to understand that you as a person are in control of your own destiny. We are all free agents with a free will and nothing is pre-determined. What we do does affect things however more than we think it may. As spiritual beings we have a lot of power. This scenerio here was created to see how we dispense that power. Gender is part of it and issues need to be settled. The time is coming soon for settling the issues involved. I think most of us are well on the way to resolution and in a better position than most. It's nice you have the outlook you do and you are happier for it.:happy: Ericka Kay

Samantha B L
09-18-2006, 05:23 AM
I'm a Unitarian but I haven't attended services in a couple of months.I grew up in Unitarian Universalism and along with some family members I've sporadically attended several different Unitarian churches around the country.I don't know if this is exactly on the subject,but that Unitarian tolerance for diversity is one of it's strong points.The various Unitarian churches and societys are among the very few Protestant groups that are accepting of Transgender issues.I use the word "Protestant"because UUism, I'm told,began as a kind of protestant thing in eastern Europe.Anyway, I think it's really cool that you accept his dressing.I've never been married but I had a very,very long term relationship with a GG mentor that lasted for years and a thing like that can make all the difference in a person's life.

Tree GG
09-18-2006, 07:38 AM

This seems to be a common assumption. The turmoil/dilemma is within the SO, not necessarily a judgement of the CDer. Especially after many years together, the reality of who we fell in love with is altered/modified. We have to re-evaluate ourselves, clarify which emotions are valid & which are just reflections of our own insecurities/issues. Change & emotional growth is difficult, and sadly some are not willing to accept the challenge.

Tree

great gg
09-18-2006, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE] Thanks for sharing! I'm a lapsed Unitarian myself. [\QUOTE]

kind of funny isn't it? even though it's an incredible denomingation doing such good work for the ts community, I found I wanted to be able to 'be' more spiritual without having to constantly define it. proud to be living out the principles in my life though.

great gg
09-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Good luck with your carvings. I am glad to hear that just like your CDSO who has come to terms with themsleves, you too have had the opportunity to work out your desires too.

Love Simone:happy:
there is a saying that goes, 'When one door closes, another opens" how great is that?

great gg
09-18-2006, 09:28 AM
This seems to be a common assumption. The turmoil/dilemma is within the SO, not necessarily a judgement of the CDer. Especially after many years together, the reality of who we fell in love with is altered/modified. We have to re-evaluate ourselves, clarify which emotions are valid & which are just reflections of our own insecurities/issues. Change & emotional growth is difficult, and sadly some are not willing to accept the challenge.

Tree

THAT is exactly what I meant. we have gone through several marriages in our lives, pre-kids, kids, teens, careers, deaths, separation, no kids, that this is just another one. we have to always re-evaluate ourselves, because what the other person does or is, is not about us. it is always in our hands, so to speak, our responses speak about us, not them. Life is a process and we are always in process too. what a great life!!!

Karren H
09-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Fantastic!!! I'd trade a storage shed for fem clothing any day of the week!!! Post some pic sometimes....of your carvings!

Love Karren

Vivian Best
09-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Hello Great GG,

I'm sure your SO is very relieved and happy about your acceptance of his femme side. I do have a curious question. How did you come to terms with that side of him? My wife has never came to the state of acceptance of that side of me. I would have to describe her position as angry tolerance, but I still love her. Oh, by the way, would love to see your carvings.

Vivian:rose2:

Julie York
09-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Can you make me a mini skirt? I was thinking of something in grey granite or a sexy sandstone number.

:D

AmberTG
09-18-2006, 11:16 AM
I know that fundamentalists like to throw the Bible at people like us because we must be heinous sinners, but When God gave the ten comandments to men, he seems to have left out things like "Thou shall not cross dress" or "thou shall not desire to be the opposite sex" or "Thou shall not lay with someone of the same sex". Those things don't seem to be important to God, only to the men in power at the time who made up their own rules as well. Apparently, God thinks that cheating on your spouse or coveting other's stuff, stealing, etc, is much worse than being gay or transgendered or a cross-dresser. Also, the thing that most fundamentalists overlook is that Jesus constantly spoke about forgivness of others and tolorance of others, not judgement and condemnation. I think the quote is "judge not lest ye be judged"
The fundamentalists choose to overlook these things when they are spouting their brand of hate of alternate lifestyles. Or is it fear? Are they afraid it might rub off on them?
Amber

Paula Thomas
09-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Amber - I agree with you ("Those things don't seem to be important to God, only to the men in power at the time who made up their own rules as well. Apparently, God thinks that cheating on your spouse or coveting other's stuff, stealing, etc, is much worse than being gay or transgendered or a cross-dresser.").

When the fundamentalists start getting too "pushy", I steer the discussion to the Old Testiment and demands for sacrificing children to prove their faith in God.

However, I believe that a religious upbringing is a good thing, as long as it does not teach intolerance to others who are not trying to harm you.

AmberTG
09-18-2006, 11:47 AM
I think if you could seperate intolorance of others from religion, it would be what it was intended by God to be, "love thy neighbor as you love yourself"