PDA

View Full Version : Is there another way to remove hair?

jpro56
09-17-2006, 11:46 PM
I am looking for a way to slowly remove body hair that doesn't involve shaving or waxing and would make the hair disappear gradually. Does anyone have any ideas?
I am a very "in the closet" CDer and I was hoping for a way to lose the hair without the drastic quick change of shaving or waxing.

Kiwi Primrose
09-18-2006, 12:33 AM
Dear Jp
Try an epilator by just brushing it over without attempting a full removal of all the hair at once. Be warned - it can sting a bit.
This should thin the hair and if you are careful will not show up as "streaky".
Keep at this over a period of months and you should achieve a look that you want without anyone noticing a drastic change
Love from New Zealand
Primrose

Vash
09-18-2006, 02:49 AM
Threading.............I am going to try and get my brows done sometime this week and I will let you know how it works out. In the meantime check out this site

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A53756-2004Dec9.html

Vash

angelfire
09-18-2006, 06:19 AM
My opinion on getting it to disappear gradually would be shaving. Get an electric razor, and put on one of the longer settings, and gradually trim it down.

I would suggest Veet, but as far as I know it is quite sudden.

Phyliss
09-18-2006, 06:46 AM
My arms are the last thing to be done. I've been using my electric razor on them. It's got one of those sideburn trimmer attachments, and I've been gradually shortening the arm hair over the last few months. Now that winter is coming and long sleeve shirts will be out. I'll be ridding myself of all the arm hair and by next spring there won't be any questions.

becomingkimberly
09-18-2006, 07:21 AM
Tweezers?

Karren H
09-18-2006, 07:56 AM
If your looking for a permanent solution that will cause the hair to slowely disapear without daily/weekly maintenance?? There is no such animal....Shaving, trimming, plucking all require daily attention...permanent solutions like electrolisys or laser aren't gradual and are $$$....so if you find one of those too good to be true "Hair Away" products...don't bother!!

If you want to waste your money, send it to the Karren New Clothing Fund (aka fem retirement fund) ....Pittsburgh, PA. Hehehe

Love Karren

PS....found another good way to remove hair last night....get your arms too close to the fire....was out on the patio and had the California Fire Pit going (coolish last night). So threw on a log and went to move it around...Poof!! Arm hairs instantly disappear!! Smelled like hell!! Lol

Ashlee
09-18-2006, 08:01 AM
I just bought a thing called the "body groomer" from target. It's a razor but it beats using blades for hours on end. I've done the blade route a few years ago. I think it took 2 hours and several blades to rid myself of hair. This thing was a breeze. It has attachments to control length. check the website too, it's quite entertaining. shaveeverywhere.com. i'm hoping to be hair free soon as winter is setting in, halloween approaches and i want to go to a makoever place nearby. have a nice day.

Robin Leigh
09-18-2006, 08:42 AM
found another good way to remove hair last night....get your arms too close to the fire....was out on the patio and had the California Fire Pit going (coolish last night). So threw on a log and went to move it around...Poof!! Arm hairs instantly disappear!! Smelled like hell!! Lol

Burning hair does stink a bit. At least it's better than smelling your own flesh burning :devil:

Actually, singeing can be a good way to shorten hair, if done carefully. I've used a gas stove a few times to remove most of the hair from my hands without burning my skin.

I'm waiting for someone to invent the maser razor. :)

Robin

Janailene
09-18-2006, 08:44 AM
I have used Epi-Lady for years and it does work. It does sting but not bad once you get used to it. Now my leg hair does not grow back.

Emma England
09-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Love Karren

PS....found another good way to remove hair last night....get your arms too close to the fire....was out on the patio and had the California Fire Pit going (coolish last night). So threw on a log and went to move it around...Poof!! Arm hairs instantly disappear!! Smelled like hell!! Lol

Burning hair is basically what a laser is for. Holding your arms over a barbeque is cheaper than going to a hair removal clinic!! You just gotta watch your skin.

jpro56
09-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I hope to try to start "losing" some body hair this winter :cool: and I am hoping that she doesn't notice too quickly. I want to start with my chest because the extra weight I put on stopping smoking has given me a nice set of man boobs to play with.

Fallen Angel
09-18-2006, 08:53 PM
on e-bay they have to electic hair removel units one is by epi wich is around 100.00 and the other is a profestional for 500.00