PDA

View Full Version : Wakeup with makeup

Corinne
09-18-2006, 12:38 AM
I saw this business next to the Taco Bell. Permanent makeup. Has anyone gotten this done? What's it like? Just curious!

KarenSusan
09-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Not until I'm ready to go 24/7.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-18-2006, 01:20 AM
It's probably tattooing. For example, "eye liner."

imDanielle2
09-19-2006, 04:40 PM
It is tattooing. My wife took a class last summer for it and she did my lips and eyebrows. I had my liner done a few years before. Got so tired of drawing my eyebrows on and then worrying about messing them up during the day because I am out in the weather and would either sweat them off or wipe them off wiping the sweat from my head. I have my lips lined and then colored a little lighter shade then the liner. I can easily put my foundation on my lips though and color them what ever color I want if I want something differ. My eyeliner is just on my upper lid because I like it right up to my eye on the lower area but they dont do that so I didnt see why I should pay for liner on the lower area if it wasnt what I like. I have a pretty thin line with a lot of arch right now for my brows but I am thinking about getting them done a little thicker and shaped a little more. Also my wife has been telling me she wants me to get a darker lip color so I we will see :)
HUGGS Danielle

vbcdgrl
09-19-2006, 04:56 PM
it's tattooing, so it's permanent. I'd advise against it, unless you're permanently transitioning M to F. If you want to "wakeup with makeup" that's no problem, just use waterproof eyeliner and mascara and that "permanent" lipstick. Hey, I've done it several times, with a wig, too.
Looks OK in the morning, the only thing is you've grown peach fuzz by then.
Bummer

Vikki

jo_ann
09-19-2006, 11:08 PM
keep in mind (with any tattoo) they will fade over the years from sun damage and cells being replaced. granted it will always be there, it will lighten up. I don't know what tattooed makeup might look like after 5-10 years, but it will definetely look less prominant (perhaps like makeup put on the day before?).. so I'm imagining you would have to get it touched up like any other tattoo?

angelfire
09-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Plus, I don't want to even think about the pain of a tattoo on those areas. Eyelid tattoo? Sorry, little too intense for me.

imDanielle2
09-21-2006, 09:47 PM
eyelids were the easiest to do. The lips were rediculous and then I had the "someone just beat me up look" for 3 days afterwards...LOL THEY HURT!
They do fade usually...most people end up going back for a touch up 5-6 months after the initial procedure then it may be several years before you have to get it done again. Around here a lot of people are advertising full face (eyebrows, eyeliner and lips) for about $500. What I like the most is the eyebrows....

HUGGS, Danielle

angelfire
09-21-2006, 10:47 PM
But what if you want to change your make-up style at a later date? What if you decide you want your eyebrows a bit thinner than you originally got? Shit outta luck! I don't like the ideas of tattoos in a very visible place like your face. If I got one, it would be on my back: easily concealable.

MarinaTwelve200
09-22-2006, 07:24 AM
You would think that someone would develop long lasting "skin dyes" to use instead of tattoos, just for that reason (changes in fashion, etc,) Something that lasts six to eight weeks, before it has to be redone would be a good, convinient compromise between conventional makeup and a tattoo. SOmething you wouldnt have to mess with every day, but not be stuck with if you want a change either. I am sure the technology exists.

JoAnnDallas
09-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Remember the 5,000 year old body they found in the glaicer? He had tattooes and his lasted 5,000 years. LOL