PDA

View Full Version : Playing "the lady of the house"

Shiny
09-18-2006, 09:29 AM
I have read many threads where many of us in here do housework or cook (one mentioned his love of cooking and I suspect he is not alone) while dressed in our "femme" mode. Maybe it's a way to kill time or to get used to doing something besides sitting around to maybe enjoy the clothes and the feeling of being dressed even more. Well, I finally tried it a couple weeks ago at the start of the weekend on a friday night.

I had some cleaning and dusting to do as well as washing clothes and since the "cupboards were bare" I started out by going to the grocery store (in total male drab of course) to get the things I would need to whip up a couple casseroles and such for the coming work week. Once back home and with my shopping done I selected a total feminine outfit for the next day then hopped into the bubble bath then hit the rack early to await saturday morning.

I grew up in the 50's and 60's and besides the "cliche" typical housewife of that era all dressed up like a fashion plate I remembered my mother and her friends and my aunts and other women who always dressed to the nines even when at home or running errands. Back then that "look" now considered fetish was standard everyday fare and it went without notice. So I figured that if they could do it I could too!

The idea started with maybe cooking the entire meal for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. I'd do all the work in drag then change into male mode by the time the family and guests arrived. This saturday would be the first test just to see what I was up against.

After getting up bright and early and after coffee in my nightgown and robe I got ready for the day as "the lady of the house." I dressed totally from head to toe and from the skin out as a proper 1950's housewife from yesteryear complete with seamed stockings and plenty of hair spray then started the day and set about with my chores.

I got a load of clothed started in the washer after carrying the laundry basket down the basement. The first thing I realized was that in wearing even a modest petticoat under my housedress I couldn't see my stiletto heeled feet as I minced down the wooden stairs! But, I managed to make it down without falling. Score one for our side!

I returned to iron a few shirts and fold some clothes already in the pile and to put them away while the next load washed then started dusting. That went pretty good and I was finished swirling around the house in under an hour. Switched the laundry to the dryer and started another load then made my way back upstairs.

I was enjoying the morning and the scent of perfume that followed me everywhere I went and as always loved the feel of all the lingerie and the swishy sound of the nylons and the rayon housedress. But as I vaccummed I noticed the balls of my feet and my ankles were starting to take a beating from all the activity! Walking around the house is one thing, working around the house with all the bending, stretching and moving is something else. But I continued on and finished with the vacuum.

Proud of myself I swished and minced into the kitchen and went through the cupboard gathering cans and measuring cups and flour etc..., to start on those casseroles. I love cooking so I felt I might just have this licked and the bonus was that I was able to take a break and get off my feet by sitting at the kitchen table to work making sure I stayed in "femme" mode in both dress and character.

I preheated the oven and started whipping up a casserole, a meatloaf and some kind of chicken dumpling soup deal that fits in a crock pot. Then I carefully took the casserole dish and put it in the hot oven along with the meatloaf and set the timer. But then things started getting more difficult.

I managed to shut the oven door on my bouffant petticoat and housedress and heard the "rip" when I turned to go back to clean the kitchen table. It caused me to stumble on my 4 inch black patent stiletto heels and I twisted my ankle as I fell to the floor! As I got up I heard a strange zipping sound and felt an unusual sensation, like a finger moving up past my right knee then looked to see I had just run a new pair of 20 dollar fully fashioned seamed nylons!

I went to change them then noticed in the mirror that my makeup was now less than perfect and my hair was coming undone. After another 20 minutes I was "freshened" up and ready to continue the housework.

The buzzer on the dryer went off sending me clicking back down the basement stairs to the laundry room to gather more clothes. I could feel my ankles and sore feet even more now and got a booster shot when I tripped going up the stairs because, I stepped on the front of my dress! Duh!

I put the clothes in the spare room then realized I hadn't vaccummed the spare room. I got the heavy vacuum out of the broom closet once again and wrestled it into the room and began cleaning that carpet. About halfway through the buzzer on the oven went off! I hurried out, took the two dishes out and set them to cool then returned to vaccuuming.

I began to feel my sore feet and ankles now and noticed my cinched waist was beginning to ache as well then I noticed a couple flesh colored drops on the carpet as I vaccummed and realized I was sweating and my foundation was dripping like melting wax! "I shouldn't have worn a wig" I thought but it was too late now. I cleaned up then after doing some more ironing I returned to the kitchen for a break.

Now this was only a few hours. I was doing all the work as usual but I realized that the fancy clothing was slowing me down. Ah how much easier it would have been to have done this in T-shirt, jeans and tennis shoes. But I had to keep the proper "lady of the house" look so it was back to the mirror and another repair job. I could feel my chest sweating under the breast forms and how my ankles ached and how the tight boning of the waist cincher was beginning to torture me.

After getting the last of the clothes from the dryer it was early afternoon now. So, I grabbed a glass and switched from coffee to a whisky and 7. I was tired, my back ached as did my feet and it had been a chore to keep my makeup and hair looking good too, but as I looked around the nice clean house it felt good. I looked myself over and figured I could fix the tear in the dress and only trashing one stocking wasn't too bad. Then I looked at my manicured hands at the 9 gleaming, gloss red glamour length nails I had on. Then I looked to those dishes I had made still cooling on the stove and wondered which dish that extra red press on nail was!

The clothing was fun but got to be a nusance after a bit as it slowed me down. And even though I was doing the housework I didn't have to juggle two or three little kids like a real housewife! I have to say after the day was over that it was quite a learning experience. My hat is off to all the "Real" women (GG's) out there who have done this or do this on a regular basis as housewives whether you do it in a dress or not!

Karren H
09-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Well you sound like you had a great time playing Donna Reed for a day!! And you'd make some guy a great wife I suspect...

My wife would kill me if I touched he cupboard or dishes since I never get anything back in the correct location.. Lol. And I'd end up getting grease all ove a pretty dress changing the oil in the truck or fixing the chainsaw!! Hehehe. But I do love to iron...as long as I can watch Stargate SG-1 reruns!!

Love Karren

JoanFlores
09-18-2006, 10:12 AM
I have many days when I get to dress and do light house work and cooking. It makes me feel so relaxed.

KarenSusan
09-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Basically it sounded like you had a fun but tiring day. I imagine if you did that every day you would get used to it. Still, it gives new respect to what our mothers did back then.

pinkshelly
09-18-2006, 10:56 AM
won't be laughing at June Cleaver again. I can see why women stared wearing pants and t-shirts.
Huggs, Shelly.

ArleneRaquel
09-18-2006, 10:59 AM
I do all my housework ernfemme, but I do not wear high heels while doing so .:love: From Katrina

Angie G
09-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Hi Shiny I do some house work wash clothes, dishes vacuuming in femme mode my wife don't mind at all :hugs:
Angie

Billie Jean
09-18-2006, 12:50 PM
I live alone and the housework has to be done. Lots of times i like to wear my long denim skirt, femme tshirt, and sandals or girly sneakers while cleaning. The job gets done as well either way I am dressed, but I don't dress up to clean as I wouldn't want to ruin my good clothes. Billie Jean

Bev06 GG
09-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi Shiny,
Well my partner isn't quite as domesticated as you sound, but he does nevertheless, wash, iron and make the beds etc. I love it and positively encourage him to do more. We both work very hard in our jobs so its a pretty good team effort really, and I really appreciate his help when Ive been working 50 hour weeks with the kids because Im dead on my feet when I walk in the door.I think I might get him to read your thread so's he can get a better idea of whats expected, tee hee.
Take care
BEVxxxx

eleyna
09-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Wow - sounds like quite a wonderful day :) I remember getting a very similar thrill the first time I had to do a full load of femme laundry. Since most of my small collection was being washed, I put on my one remaining pair of panties (which were an uncomfortably tight mesh pair, but still) and nylons. Then I slipped my work slacks and a shirt on (to "cross-cross-dress" :heehee: ) and my 5in heels, dug the laundry items out of my washpile, loaded the machine and ... Had nothing else to do. So I made a coffee and paid some bills, then hung the laundry on a drying rack in my lounge, where it sat for a few days just so I could marvel at it :)

About 2 years ago I started building my wardrobe in earnest, and my favorite buy was a pair of 3in heel mules with a "tractor grip". Walking in those was starting to feel pretty good so I started doing housework chores in them, since they were so easy to slip on. Several weeks of vacuuming and doing other chores that I would otherwise have done barefoot and felt grubby afterwards, I started doing in those shoes.

I had a few part-days doing chores dressed up, but eventually I set out the night before for a full day similar to yours, fully dressed and in 5in heels. I nearly broke my neck a couple of times and I decided about half way through the day to take a step back. Instead of dressing down, tho, I stepped into my 3ins and some femme-drab (stockings, stretch denim women's jeans, mules, and a rugged but not manly tee) and finished the day cleaning and etc.

Some of the work I had to do was quite gruelling (using a steamer to clean down the bathroom) and after I was done I quite mechanically put my clothes in a pile, had a quick shower, dried off, stepped back into my clothes, had a glass of milk and crashed on the sofa. In the morning I got up feeling full of zest, had a breakfast snack, paid a couple of bills, and put the trash out on the patio - and it was only as I came back in doors that I realized I was still dressed in my femme-drab.

Might sound silly but for me I usually wrapped up the femme stuff after taking my shower - and I'm *just* talking about a shower, it usually sort of "resets" me to guy-mode, and it had the night before but stepping back into my "work" clothes had been a way of dodging out of going to the closet and facing the *other* outfit I'd set out for myself.

I've found espadrilles and lower-heeled shoes worth working in for a while to help you get your sense of balance and posture. It may be fun doing it in the higher heels but you *can* do yourself an injury.