PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing moment

JoAnnDallas
09-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Well yesterday, I did it, I got lazer surgry on my eyes and it is a great feeling being able to see without my glasses. Anyway when all the test were done, the Doctor said I was go to go and I could get it done then and there. It would only take about 3-4 minutes per eye. Wife said go ahead, so I did it. Anyway they had me lay down on this low coutch/bed thingy. I was laying there when the nurse put eye drops in my eyes and then leaned down and wispered "You might want to pull you jeans up, your PANTIES are showing". I look to my waist and sure enough my purple lace panties were showing over the top of my jeans. I look up to her and the only thing I could think of to say was "Thanks". I pulled my jeans up and nothing else was said. Don't know if she told anyone after the procedure was done or not, but at least she was Considerate enough to wisper to me, instead of tell me in a loud voice. LOL

Marla S
09-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Just assume that she mentioned it because it is always a bit "emabarrasing" if the undies are visible (be it panties or boxers). Nobody would say this aloud if one is able to behave oneself. So, just a regular incident.;)

Hope your eyes are better now. :happy:

AmberTG
09-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Yup, that would be embarrasing! At least she was cool with it. It's always nice to be worked on by people with a professional attitude. I think thanks was an appropiate response to the situation, I mean, what else can you say in a situation like that?
It gave me a chuckle though, I must admit.

Lotte L
09-18-2006, 10:48 AM
That nusrse is a professional! And she is not the only one I'm sure of that. Did the churgery go well?

Love,
Lotte

Angie G
09-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi JoAnn I think youe secert is safe :hugs:
Angie

Karren H
09-18-2006, 11:15 AM
That a classic, JA!!

Love Karren

nicolecdgal
09-18-2006, 12:04 PM
I had a similar experience...but mine was intentional. I had schedules a full body massage and that morning I shaved my legs and put on a lacey thong. Ofcourse they give you privacy to undress down to whatever we feel comfortable in...so when she came back in I was laying face down on the massage table with the towell over my waist area...I made sure to have the thong partially exposed. She was very professional and even commented that it was a "pretty color"...I said "thanks" and enjoyed the rest of my massage.

JoAnnDallas
09-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Surgry went well, I drove to the doctor office and then to work this morning without my glasses, WOW. He said it is going great and that right now I have 20/20 but he expects my vision to get even better over the next couple of weeks. He had me read the eye chart this morning and I read every line. Still can't believe it. LOL. I had the mono-lasick procedure. This is where he did the left eye for distance and the right eye for near. Over the next couple of weeks, my eyes will slowly get a little better and adjust so that near and far are clear. I can already tell that my vision is better than with my old glasses. I do have to put drops in them every four hours and have to wear either these clear plastic goggles or sunglasses 24 hrs for the next week. He doesn't want me touching my eyes until everything heals. He expects that my final vision may be close to 20/15.

Funny thing was I really was not that embarressed. LOL It happen so quick and she was so great about it that I didn't feel embarressed at all. Just another day in the office. LOL

Emily Ann Brown
09-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Sis,

I am so glad it went well for you, especially the panties showing. I am convinced that if we don't make a big deal out of it others won't either. Especially those in the medical profession.

Emily Ann

Ashley in Virginia
09-18-2006, 01:57 PM
I had a similar experience...but mine was intentional. I had schedules a full body massage and that morning I shaved my legs and put on a lacey thong. Ofcourse they give you privacy to undress down to whatever we feel comfortable in...so when she came back in I was laying face down on the massage table with the towell over my waist area...I made sure to have the thong partially exposed. She was very professional and even commented that it was a "pretty color"...I said "thanks" and enjoyed the rest of my massage.

.....And the plot thickens.......

Julie York
09-18-2006, 02:00 PM
20/20 vision...IS..erm....20/20 vision. Hence the expression...."20/20 vision"...meaning "as good as it gets".

That's how I understood it anyway.
But then it is an American term I think so who knows.

"Look left.....look right.....look straight ahead....now starting from the top line read down as.....are those panties?"

Shelly67
09-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Could have been worse ...like me ...silly of me I know but i left a pic of me dressed like a right little tart on my playstation portable . My brother then hooked it to his pc ( teaching me how to load music ect ) and lo and behold Michelle appeard !! Thankfully ( he knew it was me ) he just calmly erased it from his pc , and was as cool and calmed my embarresed self - he,s the only other person apart from my wife who knows about michelle in my close family ............
I certainly admire and dearly love my kid brother and his kind and considerate ways ....

JoAnnDallas
09-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Believe or not the miliary looks for Fighter pilots to have either 20/10 or 20/15. Yes there are people out there that have better than 20/20 vision. BTW, I saw the nurse this morning and said "hello". Not even sure she remember me, since she see so many people each day.

sue ellan
09-18-2006, 04:13 PM
next time wear hip huggers. that way nothing will show. unless you take your pants clear down to your knees. they are my favorite style.
sue ellan

CDBarbie
09-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Hi sweety. Mine is almost always intentional. I never see a doctor without wearing my prettiest or sometimes my sexiest panties. Sometimes letting them show just the slightest bit. Have never had a bad experience, nor has any nurse or doctor ever said anything except "verry nice". I simply saqy thanks and move along.

KarenSusan
09-18-2006, 05:22 PM
20/20 vision...IS..erm....20/20 vision. Hence the expression...."20/20 vision"...meaning "as good as it gets"

20/15 means you can read at 20 feet what the normal person has to be at 15 feet to read.

onlyforu41
09-18-2006, 05:50 PM
I had a scary moment like that! I was driving around in the wifes car a neighbor recognized the car and told my wife the next day I was cheating on her and letting my (girlfriend) drive her car! I told my wife he is crazy she said he was senile if she only knew!

britney
09-18-2006, 07:20 PM
i have been told a few times my thong was showing. the most embarrasing was the first time when my sister saw it and the time my mom saw it. My sister was really cool about it and even helped cover me when my mom saw. People seeing doesent really phase me anymore.

Deanna2
09-18-2006, 08:39 PM
You are a game person getting both eyes done together. I got the surgery a few years and had each eye done a week apart - the doctor wouldn't do them together. Also it took a bit longer than 3-4 minutes.

samantha#1
09-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Sounds like you may have come across an understanding person.
Hugs to all
Samantha

trannie T
09-19-2006, 01:06 AM
I try to find panties with a plain waistband. When they show above my pants they look like they could be men's underwear. That is if I wear white or another neutral color. If I wear pink and they ride up I'm busted.

eleyna
09-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Well yesterday, I did it, I got lazer surgry on my eyes and it is a great feeling being able to see without my glasses. Anyway when all the test were done, the Doctor said I was go to go and I could get it done then and there. It would only take about 3-4 minutes per eye. Wife said go ahead, so I did it. Anyway they had me lay down on this low coutch/bed thingy. I was laying there when the nurse put eye drops in my eyes and then leaned down and wispered "You might want to pull you jeans up, your PANTIES are showing". I look to my waist and sure enough my purple lace panties were showing over the top of my jeans. I look up to her and the only thing I could think of to say was "Thanks". I pulled my jeans up and nothing else was said. Don't know if she told anyone after the procedure was done or not, but at least she was Considerate enough to wisper to me, instead of tell me in a loud voice. LOL

I know I would have panicked and said "needed something to take my mind off my eyes!" :)

Joy Carter
09-19-2006, 04:38 AM
next time wear hip huggers. that way nothing will show. unless you take your pants clear down to your knees. they are my favorite style.
sue ellan

OK I can hear that nurse now duing the eye exam " Ok can you read this line ? Is it better here or here ? What is the smallest line you can read ? Read me the last line while you pull your pants down. " LOL

RachelDenise
09-19-2006, 04:50 AM
How thoughtful of the nurse to whisper. A true professional and I would expect nothing else.