PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on this???

Felix
09-18-2006, 12:30 PM
I want my periods to stop for good!!! :eek: I am going the docs on Wednesday to ask her some questions about it. Because I am 40 and within the age of well menapause I dont want anything I take to delay that cos that stops everythin eventually anyway. Thing is I wanna stop it now but do worry about side affects! I have read about it on the web and generally there seems no reason why I shouldn't go ahead. What do you all think???

Kieron Andrew
09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
because i am the wrong side of 30 they wont do anything but i do have the 3 monthly injection to stop it cos i cant deal with having a period as it reminds me of being female, ive had 4 already, but now ive notice my menstral pains are more even with now blood, i would love to have it all taken away, best of luck

Felix
09-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanx Kieron I know what ya mean they are a right pain and I feel I have no use fpr them anymore so whats the point really. They are just one of those gurly things I want to get rid of. I think It will make a huge difference to me. Some people just take the combined pill and don't stop taking them at all this is supposed to stop them. I'll just have to see what my doc says. I must admit I am a little nervous about going but I guess doctors see and hear all sorts so I should stop worrying. I'll keep ya posted. Take care xx

JenniferMint
09-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Also look up "endometrial ablation", an outpatient procedure that removes the lining of your uterus. It will reduce the volume of your period, and in many cases, stop it completely.

CaptLex
09-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Also look up "endometrial ablation", an outpatient procedure that removes the lining of your uterus. It will reduce the volume of your period, and in many cases, stop it completely.
I'm thinking that may be preferable to the alternative, which is probably to pump one full of hormones - and who knows what kind of damage that can do (like possible cysts, fibroids, etc.).

Good luck at the doctor, Silva. Let us know what happens. :thumbsup:

SherryLynn GG
09-19-2006, 10:36 AM
I would definately talk to your doctor about what would be best...I grew up without having hardly any periods until I turned about 26 (some of you would love that im sure lol) but this past year I went to the Dr and she said that if you dont have one that it can lead to cancer because of all the build up...Ive gone thru a very bad few months trying to "clean" myself out to keep me from having problems....Taking birth control is a good way to stop it, and you can just keep taking it and skip a period all year but my Dr said its not good to skip more than 2 months....Anywho I wish you best of luck :)

Kinda funny how you guys are wanting it to stop and im trying to get mine on track and going every month :) ha ha

~Kitty GG~
09-19-2006, 12:22 PM
I've had ablation done.

For me it was wonderful. No periods at all and its been over a year now.

I still get mild cramping tho and very occassional spotting.

If you're on any type of T replacement I wonder if that would end the cramping etc...

I don't understand why you can't just get everything removed.. since you're not going to use it.

I mean really... its ok w/ the medical world if a man or woman gets sterilized.. no probs.. but if you want to remove things they get all stupid about it.

What exactly is the dif here?

And who's body is it?

I still say. EVERYONE should take responsiblity for their own actions/decisions and everyone should be allowed to make those decisions unless they are proven to be unsound of mind.

Love & Hugs
~:star:Kitty:star:~

JenniferMint
09-19-2006, 11:56 PM
I don't understand why you can't just get everything removed.. since you're not going to use it.

I've seen a news article that said many women get hysterectomies just to avoid menstruation (this was before endometrial ablation). Maybe it's just a matter of calling every OBGYN in town until you find one who will do it on an elective basis. Remember, even if you get 10 "no"s, one "yes" is all you need.

Supposedly a hysterectomy takes months to recover from, though.

Kate Simmons
09-20-2006, 06:13 AM
I've seen a news article that said many women get hysterectomies just to avoid menstruation (this was before endometrial ablation). Maybe it's just a matter of calling every OBGYN in town until you find one who will do it on an elective basis. Remember, even if you get 10 "no"s, one "yes" is all you need.

Supposedly a hysterectomy takes months to recover from, though.I had some GG friends who had this done. It was no "pincic" for them really! Ericka Kay