PDA

View Full Version : Re Playing Lady of the House

Bev06 GG
09-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi girls,
After reading Shinys thread about playing lady of the house it made me wonder how many of you would mind if the roles in your household were really reversed. I only ask because theres every chance that this might happen in our household and my partner doesn't have any hang ups about it whatsoever. (Thank God). Thats not because hes lazy either, he works very hard for a living and has provided us with a lovely home and a good standard of living etc. However, it looks increasingly like his job has only got a couple of years left to run and he's not getting any younger, whereas opportunities for me are on the increase and very well paid ones at that. (Im not getting any younger either BTW).
I think my partner quite likes the idea of becoming the housewife and for me thats a huge relief because alot of guys would hate not being the main wage earner. Anyway girls over to you.
Take care
BEVxxxx

Paula Thomas
09-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Bev - I would like it a lot.

But, my wife could not make what we need to "maintain the level of living to which we have become accustomed" (and would NOT like to adjust to the one she could support).

Shiny
09-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi Bev:

I started that last thread. Where do I sign up!? Ha...

Anyway I always wanted to "live the moment" as they say. When I dressed up totally enfemme and did the housework I went far beyond what I usually do as in heels and a dress. This time it was the full outfit complete with hair and makeup and everything else!

The work wasn't bad, no more than I am used to except I noticed how the heels, the waist cincher and the petticoat got in the way. Back in the old days that was just part of the deal. And when you add sweating out the makeup job and ruining my hairdo that is another minus, especially if you factor in the deal of having to look as pretty as a princess when your husband gets home. And I mentioned I didn't have any kids to juggle either.

Boy, you girls sure get my vote! I submit! Dressing is "way" fun but doing it for real like back in the old days, what a tough assignment! My hat is off to you "Real" ladies!

Shiny

Bev06 GG
09-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Tee hee,
I have to confess Shiny, when I read your thread I did have alittle giggle to myself. I love housework, (yeah I know sad aren't I), but I usually do it in more casual attire than you did. Altho I wouldn't think my partner would complain if I did make alittle more effort when Im cleaning up.
Take care
BEVxxxx

Karren H
09-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Well Bev...I always said that I have the best of both genders, when and wher I wish...mainly because I can be fem and DON'T have to do the house work!! Hehehe. That's way too much like real work!!! And I really appreciate that! My wife is a workhorse and I don't think I could do all the things she does...ever!!

Yeah....I know..men are such wooses!! Hehehe

Maybe if I could hire a maid?? :D

Love Karren

Bev06 GG
09-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Maybe Karen, you were born to be a lady of the manor. The type whos born with a silver spoon in her mouth, tee hee. I think I was too it just didn't quite work out that way.
Take care
BEVxxxx

Kiwi Primrose
09-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi Bev and Girls
The roles have almost always been reversed in our house.
I have done the housework - vacuuming, dishes, etc. My wife has done most of the cooking and we joke that she has two main attributes that hold me - good cook and GIB.
In the days of caring for our son, if he woke at night I heard him and got up to see to him, she slept on.
We were married in 1957 so we must hve been very early in the equality movement and I have never regretted it.
Love from New Zealand
Primrose

Karren H
09-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Maybe Karen, you were born to be a lady of the manor. The type whos born with a silver spoon in her mouth, tee hee. I think I was too it just didn't quite work out that way.
Take care
BEVxxxx

Well if I can pretend to be a woman might as well pretend to be a rich one!! Hehe.

Love Karren

linnea
09-18-2006, 04:25 PM
I would love to be the woman of the house, reverse roles, etc. I have no qualms about my SO being the head of the household, the major wage earner, or anything else of that sort. I would do this whether it meant I could dress all the time or not, but I would prefer to dress the part all the time.

tekla west
09-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Been there done that. Best job I ever had was being mom. No pay, long hours, great work. I'm not sure if I would do it again now, kind of old, but it was the best choice I ever made in my life then.

Snookums
09-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi girls,
After reading Shinys thread about playing lady of the house it made me wonder how many of you would mind if the roles in your household were really reversed. I only ask because theres every chance that this might happen in our household and my partner doesn't have any hang ups about it whatsoever. (Thank God). Thats not because hes lazy either, he works very hard for a living and has provided us with a lovely home and a good standard of living etc. However, it looks increasingly like his job has only got a couple of years left to run and he's not getting any younger, whereas opportunities for me are on the increase and very well paid ones at that. (Im not getting any younger either BTW).
I think my partner quite likes the idea of becoming the housewife and for me thats a huge relief because alot of guys would hate not being the main wage earner. Anyway girls over to you.
Take care
BEVxxxx
Bev my SO works,I'm a disdabled veteran,I stay home,my benefit is ok and her job pays so so,Utah is a "right to work state",I have no problem doing house work,and I"m a fair cook.Being a house husband has it's benefits:hugs:

angelfire
09-18-2006, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't mind cooking, but quite frankly I hate having to clean. So I guess it would be no, I would not like to have to reverse roles. For a day or something just as roleplay maybe, but on a long term basis, not for me.

Bev06 GG
09-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Mmm some very refreshing and modern thoughts here, and not all from young men either. Is this the new age dawning, guys who will not only stay home and do the chores but dress the part too. Only pulling your leg girls.
I've been told and told how lucky my partner is to have me because I encourage him to crossdress and dont have any hang ups about it whatsoever. Sometimes I wonder who the lucky one actually is. I have bags of freedom to take up my career now and a fella who'll support me wholeheartedly and doesn't have probs about taking on the opposite role. When I was married my hubby wouldn't hear of me taking on a career which meant I'd be the main bread winner, infact I missed a couple of wonderful opportunities a few years back. I know it was a pride thing and nothing to do with him not wanting me to get on in life, but eventho I knew it wasn't a spite thing I really did have a hard time accepting it. Stumbling upon a Crossdresser sure did change things. How lucky am I.
Take care
BEVxxxxxxs

Marla S
09-18-2006, 04:50 PM
I'd like to do the job (did it already). Would need some intellectual challenge too, though.
And .... now comes the funny thing ... a bit of financial independence couldn't harm.;)

nettiereno GG
09-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Hi,

Adora is my housewife, part time. as she works full time. She loves keeping the home up, loves to serve, especially when we have guests. When she retires, I will get rid of the cleaning lady.

My girl takes good care of me. She is my joy.

Annette

EricaCD
09-18-2006, 06:08 PM
OK, I guess it falls to me to be the old fashioned one here. While I have absolutely zero problems with any man taking on more of the domestic role while his wife earns a wage, I would have a huge issue with doing this myself. Too much of my sense of self is tied up in my profession. And yes, I view that as a personal shortcoming - but true nonetheless.

That said, I think it's fair to say that I pick up a reasonable share of the household responsibilities for a working spouse. I would never, however, pretend that I have the easier job!!!

Erica

Megan72
09-18-2006, 06:08 PM
I think that I would enjoy it. I have never been in this sitaution. I may at some point really have the chance since my SO makes about twice what I do by virture of her career. That being said, I have no problem with her making more than me. I am very proud of her ability to be successful.

gretafemme
09-18-2006, 09:08 PM
I love the idea of doing the housework and of course i will be dressed. Maybe sometimes not that appropriately ie. fully made up and wearing a dress and apron, but yes, I am emotionally and physically preparing to do that for some dear lady. I personally feel very happy and fulfilled serving in this way. Someday, I will make some lady a good wife. :love:

Sarah Rabbit
09-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi Bev

I would not have a problem with it..What ever works. If my S.O. was to have a job that would necessitate my holding down the fort, I would do it with no hesitation...:happy:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Clare
09-19-2006, 04:56 AM
To start with, I was basically working full time and coming home to clean the house week nights and weekends as my ex 'was never good at it' (she hated it in other words!).

As for your question, I wouldn't have any drama with being a fulltime stay-at-home Hubby/Parent if the situation warranted it. I'm not too proud to let my SO have a career and I do like having a neat and tidy home along with spending time with the Children.

So yeah, if the opportunity arose and it didn't affect my relationship with GG and Family, I'd certainly do it.

Kate Simmons
09-19-2006, 05:39 AM
I kinda do it all already, since my wife is no longer here. I do the "manly" stuff, fixing things, work on the car, etc. as well as the housework. They say a woman's work is never done. I guess a guy/girl's work is never done either.:happy: Ericka

Raychel
09-19-2006, 06:13 AM
There is no way that I could do all the stuff that my wife does in a day. Her day starts at 6:30am she get cleaned up the off to work. Picks up kids after school, does shopping, cooks dinner, does laundry, make lunches for school the next day, does dishes. She has a very busy day.

I would gladly help out if she would let me, but I only get in her way. I would do a role reversal anytime, but I don't know if she would be to happy with the results. But then again I would be getting more time with the kids. and that would be fun.

Angie G
09-19-2006, 08:51 AM
I'v got 35yrs in on my job if my wife was working and made the money I'd be a housewife I don't mind housework if I'm dressed femme
And I'd stay dressed allday long for days :hugs:
Angie

Sky
09-19-2006, 09:05 AM
I like the fun part of being a woman. Housework doesn't qualify for that.

Lourie James
09-19-2006, 02:01 PM
For the last fue years I have become more or last the lady of the house. When i get up i change from my nighty and get dressed in a dress or skirt and top, with underwear and a wig and my apron. Then i make the bed, have breakfest and clean up after. I the have to chang back to drab and take care of what I have to do. Every Saterday I dress in something nice to clean the house with my wife. So I'm do part of the work around the house, and i enjoy it more and seam to do a better job when I'm all dress up with my apron and all. Thow my wife dosn't wear and apron and can't see why I want to i like to. I'm not the maid or anything like that, maby just and old fashion girl.

Christina Nicole
09-19-2006, 06:15 PM
If we didn't have to reduce our standard of living, sure, I'd stay home and do the housewife thing. But along with all of the duties and responsibilites, such as keeping house, preparing meals and the like, I'd want the rights and privledges, ie: being pretty.

There are a lot of house husbands, but they're just guys who stay at home taking care of things. That's fine, but where the fun, too?

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Paula G
09-19-2006, 06:41 PM
If I had a chance to be the housewife and my wife was the breadwinner, I would do it in a New York minute!

Unfortunately, that will not happen any time soon as my wife has been on disability since 1998 and hasn't had any job since 2001. She really wants to work and is going crazy being at home all day. Right now I would much rather have her working & happy than for me to be a housewife (I already do most of the cleaning anyway).

claireswife-gg
09-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, we're kind of thinking that during transition that might actually be our situation for a little while!

Deborah
09-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Housework is over-rated. I've been a single parent for the last 3 years and find no enjoyment in it. It's work...needs to be done....so i do it...not dressed ;)

ChristineRenee
09-19-2006, 07:53 PM
My wife and I are both retired now, but when we were both working she was the major breadwinner in the household as she made far more money than me. She has been the female version of Bob Villa too, "Roberta Villa" I called her, lol, as she has always been very good at being a "fix it" person...something I have always been very grateful for. (being a "break it" person myself) :p I did, and still do, a lot of the housework chores, laundry, vacuuming, etc., so we have pretty much had a role reversal type of marriage right from the very start. We seem to have made it work for us though.;)

Rachel Morley
09-19-2006, 08:01 PM
I personally would have no problem at all with being the "housewife" if it was necessary or Marla wanted me to. However, our current situation is the way we both prefer it. I go out to work to earn the money and Marla tells me how to spend it :D

samantha#1
09-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Although Linda and I run a business together essentially I am responsible for the day-to-day cleaning of the house, dishes, washing and drying clothes etc, we share general cleaning tasks on a weekend but we have our areas - I do the kitchen and toilets and vaccuming and Linda does the bathrooms dusting and mopping. I think with us its just a case of equally sharing household responsibilities and given our tight schedules it really is essential;
I do love doing that sort of thing though and it is never a chore.
Hugs to all
Samantha