PDA

View Full Version : Measuring for a Veronica 2

Joan_CD
09-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi all...

I could use a little help. I am going to purchase a Veronica 2 and would like to know how accurate I should be with the measurements. I need to lose 10 pounds and if I do, will the Veronica no longer fit properly? I measure about 44 at the shoulders, yet wear a 42 jacket. I dont want tremendous hips if I lose any wieght. I just want to look average. Anyone have one? And if you do, how does it look with the measurements you provided (and were the measurements accurate)? I am 5"7" 180 going to 170 and average build. Thanks all!

Snookums
09-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Hi all...

I could use a little help. I am going to purchase a Veronica 2 and would like to know how accurate I should be with the measurements. I need to lose 10 pounds and if I do, will the Veronica no longer fit properly? I measure about 44 at the shoulders, yet wear a 42 jacket. I dont want tremendous hips if I lose any wieght. I just want to look average. Anyone have one? And if you do, how does it look with the measurements you provided (and were the measurements accurate)? I am 5"7" 180 going to 170 and average build. Thanks all!

I'll bite,WTF is a Veronica 2

Joani
09-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Sharon, I've got a veronica 2 and love it. Measure carefully as per the instructions and you will have no problem. It is a quite snug foundation garmet so don't cheat on the measurments. Might want to lose those ten pounds and then get it.
good luck-Joani

Joy Carter
09-18-2006, 07:07 PM
I'll bite,WTF is a Veronica 2

Google "hip/butt inhancer Veronica", some of the gurls swear by them.

Teresa Amina
09-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Ooooh! You're gonna love it! You and I are, except for height (I'm 5'8"), the same size. Remember that one object of the Veronica is to balance those 44" shoulders. When I ordered mine the options were slim, average and voluptuous. I ordered voluptuous (I love a nice bottom) and now have 45" hips when wearing it. The nice thing is with a bigger bottom your waist really doesn't need pinching to look very passable.

Joan_CD
09-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Hi Teresa,

Do you think if order the average size the hips will be about 2 inches smaller? I am not into voluptuos...lol. I just want my hips to a point where i can fit a size 14 and nothing bigger. Im afraid if I get too big I will move into 16 for my skirts and dresses. I dont wanna be a 16..sigh. My real goal is to fit into a 12! Thanks for the reply!

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-19-2006, 02:20 AM
If you're serious about losing weight, I might wait until you do that. Personally, I'd maybe underestimate the waist size a little, since I've found my to be a little loose. You could also ask Espy for advice about how to size it.

Be aware that Espy usually to errs on the side of curvy, since it's far easier for her to shade down the pads. (Which she did for no charge, I although I did have to mail it back to her for alterations.) In fair, she's trying to create a custom garment without actually seeing you in person, so it's not unexpected that alternations will be needed. If you do decide to have her make changes, I'd recommend sending along photos (wearing clothes where your figure can be easily seen), which will give Espy a good idea of how it's fitting you.

Also give yourself a couple try-ons before making a decision about the fit. It will change your apparence, so initially it may look strange to you, even if the proportions are right.

Teresa Amina
09-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi Teresa,

Do you think if order the average size the hips will be about 2 inches smaller? I am not into voluptuos...lol. I just want my hips to a point where i can fit a size 14 and nothing bigger. Im afraid if I get too big I will move into 16 for my skirts and dresses. I dont wanna be a 16..sigh. My real goal is to fit into a 12! Thanks for the reply!

I think you're on the right track, but I don't know about a 14. I dress comfy and, with the whole number size thing all over the map as to what it really fits, usually find an 18 works without being too tight. But I try to dress like a classy 40 something, if you're young do what the young girls do and squeeze into it:D

swiss_susan
09-19-2006, 08:22 AM
The best advice I can give is to discuss this with the vendor/manufacturer who can tell you what you need better than anyone else most likley.