PDA

View Full Version : Not Meant To Offend

Sandygal
09-18-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm sorry, I was bad today. I answered someones thread and I wasn't nice. I'm 48 and I was slapped with a 2 point fine, I felt like a third grader. I love this website, but how can I believe in it if we can't honestly answer each others questions? I was told not to make another member upset. This was the problem, I was in a bad mood and answered a thread in a mans fashion, I wasn't dressed ala fem today. Sometimes it seems that we are only interested in having more crossdressers in the world and no matter what bad deed we want to do. We look for support to do it. I'm all for supporting each other, but if you ask things like "should I steal panties to support my hobby or should I cheat on my SO". I'm sorry, I can't be nice and support you. THAT WOULD BE WRONG. All I'm asking is that we answer honestly. I think it's ok to let your guy side out now and then. After all, most of us are guys now and then. There are so many different types of crossdressers, so I think there should be many different answers. I have seen many web sites go stagnant because they became sooooo clean and so school teacherish. What's the word I'm looking for....Boring. Example..Lauras-playground. That site was wonderfull. Great questions, fun answers, lots of people. Overnight it seemed to die. Hardly anyone goes on it anymore. A great loss. What happened? They spent so much time making it the cleanest site possible, everyone left. I'm not saying to make this a dirty site, I don't want to see dirty words. But I would like to hear from folks without all the suger coating. We should be able to talk like adults, even some adult humer couldn't hurt. I'm a guy who loves softball and karate. I also like to wear womans clothes. So excuse me if I answer as a man now and then. Toddles..Sandy
P.S. I hope this doesn't cost me 2 more points. I'm just trying to be real and blow off some steam. You can either agree with me or disagree, at least I hope you will be honest.

angelfire
09-18-2006, 10:44 PM
I am a man most of the time, and while I enjoy my femme persona, I enjoy my male persona more most of the time. I agree 100% in not supporting cheating or stealing, or any other illegal activity. If we are trying to keep the boards clean, should we not also keep some fashion of moral standards?

I mean, relating a story from when you were 8 and stole a pair of panties is all fine and good, its in the past, you were a kid. But if you are an adult and considering doing the same thing, I don't think that is right. If you need other people to tell you its wrong, you are clearly not very moral. Same with cheating. Asking advice on whether or not you should cheat shouldn't even happen realistically. Its morally wrong, and I think most people can accept that fact.

USNguyNskirt
09-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Is the points thing some kind of warning system or something? <---in the dark

Snookums
09-18-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't know what to say GF,I never heard of someone being fined for offending,some people are thin skinned and take offense at everything.
I'm never offended by what I read here,I feel if some are offended it's best not to come here.

AmberTG
09-18-2006, 11:24 PM
I think that if we are not allowed to voice our opinion, in a reasonable respectful way, on a subject simply because someone else won't like our opinion, what's the point of having a discussion board. If I ask a question, I expect people here to give me straight, honest answers, not sugar coated fluff and back patting condesention. If someone here asks a question, I believe they deserve an honest answer to their question, even if it's not what they want to hear. The diversity of the personalitys here is what makes this website worth coming to, if it gets all homoginized into a sugary mush for fear of offending someone else here, what's the point of even bothering to read it, it won't interest anyone.
Amber

Jennaie
09-19-2006, 12:26 AM
I understand how you feel and I am sorry that you feel you can't express yourself here. I have often felt the same way. I have decided not to discuss anything here that is "argumentative" in nature. A few members here seem to feel it is their duty to come here and tell others how to live their lives. So your right, it's a little like third grade, just smile, nice dress, Oh, you look lovely, etc..
And, within the threads you will see people who you can relate to and develope a friendship with through private messages. That's worth more than anything else.

eleyna
09-19-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm all for supporting each other, but if you ask things like "should I steal panties to support my hobby or should I cheat on my SO".

Firstly - I've been behaving badly in some recent posts, and possibly for similar reasons. a_certain_mod is a saint for putting up with my tempered rebuttal in PMs.

Secondly - there have been a number of threads I've seen in recent weeks in which someone has framed a question badly or omitted something and then the first few replies infer he is planning to cheat, and then all subsequent replies debate the issue of cheating, even if the original poster says "I wasn't intending to".

The problem isn't with defending fidelity; its with making the assumption of adultery, or basing it on the first few replies, and sticking to that argument. And those threads do seem to get irreversibly stuck on that track. Again, I'm not faulting defending fidelity, but to essentially hijacking the thread to an assumption rather than a stated fact.

GypsyKaren
09-19-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm going to leave this thread up so I can explain something to you all, but I will be closing it.

First of all Sandy, if you have any problems or questions concerning the moderating or operation of this site, then that is to be handled by PM only, you'll find that in the rules.

Second, everyone here is allowed and encouraged to "speak their mind" as you put it, and say what they mean, there's absolutely no problem with that. We just ask that you do it in a respectful manner, and ask that you take into account the feelings of others, you'll find that in the rules too. Now I saw what you're complaining about, and you were quite rude to that member, that's why action was taken.

Feel free to PM me if you have any problems with this or anything, that's what I'm here for.

Karen...Moderator